hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough MurrayfieldHibs's Avatar
    Don’t do it Leanne. Stay with the super Hibees and keep making progress!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Losing Leeann would be a shame, she has been great for Hibs. However she might be the best thing to happen to the whole of Scottish football is years if she does get the gig. Id be sad to see her leave, but intrigued to see what she could achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by MurrayfieldHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don’t do it Leanne. Stay with the super Hibees and keep making progress!
    A rumor also that she has a season ticket for ibrox??

@hibs.net private member
    Very bad news

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leroykincade View Post
    This place is nuts today.

A rumor also that she haD a season ticket for ibrox??
    Slight amend

@hibs.net private member

post Number 4

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenPJ View Post
    Slight amend
    That makes more sense

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    The next SFA CEO should be Ann Budge

No, SFA, ye dinnae want her. She's rubbish!

She's been running the team intae the ground by chucking awa' expensive assets like Anthony Stokes and Deividas Matulevicus! We had a disastrous cup upset at Tynecastle a week last Sunday where our precious unbeaten record went doon the crapper! The chances of us hitting the Champions League and getting major European money this season are slim, at best, thanks to her! Plus, she's a woman! You'd be explainin' the offside rule to her every other week!

Don't take my word for it - ask any of the 17,000 Hibs fans glumly going through the turnstiles every fortnight. She's *****, and you're better off withoot her! Git somebody else! Anybody else! I hear that Malky Mackay kens something aboot fitba', and has been looking to you guys for a job for a while noo. Put him in instead! Anybody but Leeann!
    Last edited by Aim Here; 02-02-2018 at 08:25 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    I think she will see this is a really big challenge and would take it. It's been a bit of jobs for the boys.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    Losing Leeann would be a shame, she has been great for Hibs. However she might be the best thing to happen to the whole of Scottish football is years if she does get the gig. Id be sad to see her leave, but intrigued to see what she could achieve.
    Much more than a shame. A massive loss. All the good things that have happened at Hibs in recent years have come about since she joined the club. I'd imagine her ambitions are set much higher than a job at the dreary old SFA though so hopefully this will come to nothing.

Popper leadership is very rare indeed. She would be an immense loss in my view and very difficult to replace. She is a rare breed in Scottish football of a professional CEO who does not do it as a real supporter of the club she runs. Most others are owners/fans. Here attention to detail, key person selection, and changing the culture from short term loan fixes, to a balanced, long standing team has been superb (with the help of Stubbs, who I view as her co-architect and to an extent Lennon.) Previous CEO's/ Chairman might have been decent at building infrastructure, but that's about it.

I can see why she might be tempted given Scotland's degree of under-performance over the last 20 years, the fact she is well paid but not so well paid at Hibs (think only £120k or so (?) which is not that much in a football/ CEO context) but more importantly how does she take Hibs to the next level? Won the cup, brought pride back, near doubled the gates, but how on earth do you challenge Celtic and increasingly Rangers with all their resource?

Really hope she stays for a few more years but would be very surprised if SFA did not try and interview her at the very least and we will find out soon enough.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    It's in the National FFS, so about as credible as the Daily Ranger or the 5hit.

Has .net now become an amplification machine for every daft story out there that can damage or disrupt the club regardless of whether it has any substance or not?

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    There's a structure in place now. I don't think she'd be as great a loss as is being made out, as neither the well trust or our own fan ownership movements have been huge successes. Her work with George Craig is to be commended though, similar to Motherwell's success with Craig Brown.

Could shape up to be a Hibee takeover with Rod lined up to be SFA President next year and the SFA are still hunting for a new manager (Neil Lenon’s name has been touted by some ).

I just hope Leeann and Neil both stay at Hibs and finish off the rebuilding of our club. We play the establishment’s favourite team tomorrow so I bet the media will be full of predictions and rumours hoping to destabilise us. Just cup your ears to it Lenny and Leeann and stay focused on the Hibs cause!

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    She'll go.

The word on the street is that she's hacked off that, even after more than 2 years, Hibs.net posters canny get the spelling of her name right.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aim Here View Post
    No, SFA, ye dinnae want her. She's rubbish!

She's been running the team intae the ground by chucking awa' expensive assets like Anthony Stokes and Deividas Matulevicus! We had a disastrous cup upset at Tynecastle a week last Sunday where our precious unbeaten record went doon the crapper! The chances of us hitting the Champions League and getting major European money this season are slim, at best, thanks to her! Plus, she's a woman! You'd be explainin' the offside rule to her every other week!

Don't take my word for it - ask any of the 17,000 Hibs fans glumly going through the turnstiles every fortnight. She's *****, and you're better off withoot her! Git somebody else! Anybody else! I hear that Malky Mackay kens something aboot fitba', and has been looking to you guys for a job for a while noo. Put him in instead! Anybody but Leeann!
    This, AND she GAVE UP HER SEASON TICKET FOR IBROX, why would anybody want her after that shocker? Has never done a thing for us, been a disaster.
    However, R.P. he is a different matter altogether. Man has been a complete genius for us since the minute he walked through the door and anybody in their right mind (which would probably rule out the SFA then) would headhunt this footballing God as he will Shirley sort Scottish football out. Would be sorry to see him go, gutted, but if it's the best for Scottish football, we need to make this sacrifice

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    Could shape up to be a Hibee takeover with Rod lined up to be SFA President next year and the SFA are still hunting for a new manager (Neil Lenon’s name has been touted by some ).

I just hope Leeann and Neil both stay at Hibs and finish off the rebuilding of our club. We play the establishment’s favourite team tomorrow so I bet the media will be full of predictions and rumours hoping to destabilise us. Just cup your ears to it Lenny and Leeann and stay focused on the Hibs cause!

Exactly.

'Lennon for Scotland' faithfully run by the Ugly Sisters' lapdogs before the Celtc game and now 'Leanne for the SFA' out there before The Rangers.

The corrupt stinking collusion mess that is Scottish football and the Scottish newspapers could not be more obvious. Talk about hiding in plain sight.

There's a reason our game is so degraded. It's called the Old Firm. Vampires who own and operate the blood bank.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    I think the next steps are obvious:

- LD will take the job
    - RP will appoint himself in her place and oust NL immediately
    - TB will be re-appointed manager
    - We will be relegated this season
    - As a cost cutting measure, EM will be sold to Hearts on TB's request
    - Griffiths, Sauzee, Cummings, Riordan and Stanton will all speak in the press about how Hearts are the far better side that they wish they'd played for
    - Hibs will slide down the leagues before going bust and their assets will be bought by Ann Budge in a fire sale
    - The two main Hibs supporter groups 'Toldye' and 'Loadaeshiedt' will start a Leith based turf war gangland battle for who predicted the most doom and gloom accurately.
    - 'Natural Order' will be restored and the bedwetters on this site can GTF
    Last edited by Speedway; 02-02-2018 at 09:09 AM.

I imagine that if she was interested she would get an interview. Then they'll pluck some guys name from somewhere and give it to him. Personally I'd get Barry Hearn on the interview panel.

Coaching Staff
    Rod Petrie already there as Vice President, Greig Mailer there as Corporate and Comms chief, Kenny Millar there as Media & Comms (brother at Hibs), Stewart Robertson who she worked with at 'Well............to be honest it would be a very smooth transition and an appointment where she has friendly faces that she already has/had a solid working relationship with. She is modern, creative, decisive, sure-footed and very well respected in Scottish football by both clubs and the sports media. Above all that she is a very upbeat and positive person - which is what the country needs.

I've wanted her at Hibs a few years ago and we got that wish. By far and away the best signing Hibs have made in decades and she along with her team have have re-established Hibernian as a top, forward thinking club in Scotland with a solid, supportive and growing fan base. It would be a huge loss without doubt, however if she went, what a great platform for the next CEO to launch his/her career from

My worry is that if we lose Leeann, we then lose Neil Lennon to the national job. Strong possibility for both scenarios coming to fruition

HAD. For over 20 years .. the relevance being?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post

- LD will take the job
    - Griffiths, Sauzee, Cummings, Riordan and Stanton will all speak in the press about how Hearts are the far better side that they wish they'd played for
    - Hibs will slide down the leagues before going bust and their assets will be bought by Ann Budge in a fire sale
    - The two main Hibs supporter groups 'Toldye' and 'Loadaeshiedt' will start a Leith based turf war gangland battle for who predicated the most doom and gllom accurately.
    Cannae wait...

It's another good example of media mince, one person mentions her name on the radio discussing a sfa news story and suddenly Leeann is off.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post

- LD will take the job
    - The two main Hibs supporter groups 'Toldye' and 'Loadaeshiedt' will start a Leith based turf war gangland battle for who predicated the most doom and gllom accurately.

...source?

Difficult one for Leeann. She will see it as a huge challenge but it's also a poisoned chalice. It will take more than one woman to turn around that shambles of an organisation soaked in politics, infighting and hidden agendas. If she does go it will be a monumental loss. I wonder what it would mean for Lennon, George Craig etc. I'm extremely concerned about this. Could not give two hoots about the SFA or the national team i just want whats best for Hibs.

Loss of Leanne could be horrendous for Hibs. Has potential to set us back years. She's been the catalyst for all the good things that have happened at this club in the last 4 years and will be near impossible to replace. If she did get the top job, chance of Lennon for Scotland would also go up.

Hibs need to fight this with everything they've got. The thought of being left with Petrie in charge is frightening.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    There's a structure in place now. I don't think she'd be as great a loss as is being made out, as neither the well trust or our own fan ownership movements have been huge successes. Her work with George Craig is to be commended though, similar to Motherwell's success with Craig Brown.