hibs.net Messageboard

Page 95 of 115 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,850 of 3436
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Drivers leaving the motorway/Autobahn with 2 wheels in the exit lane and the other 2 still on the inside lane.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Drivers not capable of leaving a roundabout without drifting into another lane.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Drivers not capable of leaving a roundabout without drifting into another lane.
    Nightmare so it is, worst roundabout for me is one at McDonalds at Corstorphine, Glasgow Road.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Nightmare so it is, worst roundabout for me is one at McDonalds at Corstorphine, Glasgow Road.

Happened to me today, popped into M&S at Kinnaird Park, in the left hand lane next to the McD's exit and a wee van in the right hand lane decides to turn left and cut off my nose as he wanted to get to the A1 exit, erse.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Drivers who don't accept that other drivers can be less than perfect.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    I think this is a big poblem, especially in a big city like Edinburgh where people can be unfamiliar with the city or even just certain areas. Like lanes for going in a stright line can change dramatically between sets of lights.

Unless they are consistanly being a moron I like to give folk a bit of space and time. Particularly if they look a bit lost.

Then you;re definitely on the wrong thread.

Drivers who don’t realise that they are that bad that they probably shouldn’t be behind the wheel. It’s not exclusive to geriatric drivers but certainly there are plenty of them. Glad my dear departed Dad realised that he just wasn’t safe to drive anymore and gave up of his own accord.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    There are 4-way temp lights at Craigcrook Road/March Road. I'm sitting there waiting for them to cycle through, eventually get a green and as I go through (with vehicles following) a driver coming from the opposite direction just drives straight through. I stopped, and because I was already in an unrelated foul mood, I made him drive back to a point where we could pass. He rolled down his window and shouted some obscenities along with some local facts (that I wasn't familiar with) that everyone just drives through the red lights because it takes too long.
    The entitlement is strong in some folk.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Drivers early in the morning thinks the roads are there’s alone: I had two very very near misses this morning on a 10 minute journey the extent I had to fully stop the car.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Blog Entries
    I regularly drive through to my daughter’s in North Ayrshire, generally via Carnwath, Carluke, Garrion Bridge etc. The number of ‘Road closed’ incidents in Lanarkshire is unbelievable. Worse still, you get very little or no warning till you meet the barriers. I’ve decided to drive the long way round by the M8 for the foreseeable future.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I regularly drive through to my daughter’s in North Ayrshire, generally via Carnwath, Carluke, Garrion Bridge etc. The number of ‘Road closed’ incidents in Lanarkshire is unbelievable. Worse still, you get very little or no warning till you meet the barriers. I’ve decided to drive the long way round by the M8 for the foreseeable future.
    Nightmare at the moment.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Roadworks at Roseburn, mid friday they decided to make Roseburn St between Russell Rd and Roseburn Ave one way heading to Westfield and the west approach. There's no signage at West Approach so cars are turning into Roseburn St and then having to do 3 point turns because the road has suddenly became a no entry half way up at Roseburn Ave. I seen a woman having a right go at one of the workers giving him an earful.

Yesterday after taking some Hearts fans to McLeod St, there was 2 cars and a van blocking the road as they all decided to ignore the road signs and drive past the no entry, thus blocking the road for cars wanting to drive towards the West Approach, carnage and all because someone decided not to put a sign at the West Approach junction.

People who tailgate. Absolute fannies.

I dropped my daughter's pal of at the Gyle after the game yesterday then joined the Bypass. Pulled into the outside lane shortly after to pass a couple of cars and quickly came up to a car travelling at a slower speed. He was still travelling faster than the inside lane, I eased off and we continued to overtake cars. Next thing I'm aware of a red souped up thing roaring up the inside lane undertaking several cars then pulling out right behind me and sitting literally inches from my bumper. There was nowhere I could go, there were cars inside me I was passing and I couldn't go any quicker or I would be tailgating the guy in front of me. This went on for a couple of minutes, the guy in front was then able to pull back inside, I overtook him then pulled in. If I hadn't had my daughter in the car I would have been sorely tempted to brake test him at this point. Anyway Mr dickhead then roared away before hitting other traffic that wasn't travelling at 100mph about 300 yards ahead. He tried to undertake, tailgated someone else then tried to force his way between cars in between lanes. This went on for miles.

The best part is as we approached the junction at Straiton I passed this clown in the outside lane about 100 yards shy of the junction as he tailgated someone in the inside lane waiting to exit the bypass. All that nonsense and I got to the same point at almost exactly the same time as him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    People who tailgate. Asbolutely fannies.

I dropped my daughter's pal of at the Gyle after the game yesterday then joined the Bypass. Pulled into the outside land shortly after to pass a couple to care and quickly came up to a car travelling at a slower speed. He was still travelling faster than the inside lane, I eased off and we continued to overtake cars. Next thing I'm aware of a red souped up thing roaring up the inside lane undertaking several cars then pulling out right behind me and sitting literally inches from my bumper. There was nowhere I could go, there were cars inside me I was passing and I could go any quicker or I would be tailgating the guy in front of me. This went on for a couple of minutes, the guy in front was then able to pull back inside, I overtook him then pulled in. If I hadn't had my daughter in the car I would have been sorely tempted to brake test him at this point. Anyway Mr dickhead then roared away before hitting other traffic that wasn't travelling at 100mph about 300 yards ahead. He tried to undertake, tailgated someone else then tried to force his way between cars in between lanes. This went on for miles.

The best part is as we approached the junction at Straiton I passed this clown in the outside land about 100 yards shy of the junction as he tailgated someone in the inside lane waiting to exit the bypass. All that nonsense and I got to the same point at almost exactly the same time as him.

this behaviour boils my piss, jeopardising dozens of lives, for no reason whatsoever

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    this behaviour boils my piss, jeopardising dozens of lives, for no reason whatsoever
    Spoke to someone else who was on the road at the same time last night. Said to them 'should have seen this dick on the bypass last night'. Right away she said 'the red car?' Guy had undertaken her using the hard shoulder not long before I encountered him.

Little dickheads on stolen scooters flying about busy roads with no helmets, insurance etc, and wearing balaclavas. Had one fly past me and loads of other cars on saturday at Abbeyhill, he turned left at Marionville, they'll no be happy till they end up seriously injured at the RIE.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Roadworks at Roseburn, mid friday they decided to make Roseburn St between Russell Rd and Roseburn Ave one way heading to Westfield and the west approach. There's no signage at West Approach so cars are turning into Roseburn St and then having to do 3 point turns because the road has suddenly became a no entry half way up at Roseburn Ave. I seen a woman having a right go at one of the workers giving him an earful.

Yesterday after taking some Hearts fans to McLeod St, there was 2 cars and a van blocking the road as they all decided to ignore the road signs and drive past the no entry, thus blocking the road for cars wanting to drive towards the West Approach, carnage and all because someone decided not to put a sign at the West Approach junction.
    I got stuck there too. Assumed I missed the sign but didn't notice one when I drove back

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    People who tailgate. Absolute fannies.

I dropped my daughter's pal of at the Gyle after the game yesterday then joined the Bypass. Pulled into the outside lane shortly after to pass a couple of cars and quickly came up to a car travelling at a slower speed. He was still travelling faster than the inside lane, I eased off and we continued to overtake cars. Next thing I'm aware of a red souped up thing roaring up the inside lane undertaking several cars then pulling out right behind me and sitting literally inches from my bumper. There was nowhere I could go, there were cars inside me I was passing and I couldn't go any quicker or I would be tailgating the guy in front of me. This went on for a couple of minutes, the guy in front was then able to pull back inside, I overtook him then pulled in. If I hadn't had my daughter in the car I would have been sorely tempted to brake test him at this point. Anyway Mr dickhead then roared away before hitting other traffic that wasn't travelling at 100mph about 300 yards ahead. He tried to undertake, tailgated someone else then tried to force his way between cars in between lanes. This went on for miles.

The best part is as we approached the junction at Straiton I passed this clown in the outside lane about 100 yards shy of the junction as he tailgated someone in the inside lane waiting to exit the bypass. All that nonsense and I got to the same point at almost exactly the same time as him.
    Sometimes it's the only way to keep up a constant 70mph though 🤣🤣
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    He's either on his phone or lighting a cigarette. Or both.
    on Saturday going to the game two cars on the Queensferry Crossing held up everything behind them in both lanes as they, side by side, tried to pass cigarettes from one car to the other.

Then the one on the inside lane, who was the recipient, slowed down even more as they lit up.

What goes through folks’ heads…

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

I've noticed tailgating happening a lot in 20/30mph limits. You're plodding along at the speed limit and some knob head sits right on your tail because the speed limit isn't fast enough for them. No need for it. Everyone is always in such a rush.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LewysGot2 View Post
    on Saturday going to the game two cars on the Queensferry Crossing held up everything behind them in both lanes as they, side by side, tried to pass cigarettes from one car to the other.

Then the one on the inside lane, who was the recipient, slowed down even more as they lit up.

What goes through folks’ heads…
    From my experience of attending road traffic accidents, normally it's the B pillar.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Today is my birthday and I received a surprising gift from L&B's finest.
    As posted here on this thread more than once before, my work vehicle is tracked & restricted, if I exceed a posted limit I leave myself open for discipline/sacking. I tend to drive everywhere bang on speed limits, and this seems to infuriate a small percentage of other road users.
    Today, I was driving along Queens Drive from Holyrood to the Commie Pool. Although driving at 21 on my GPS, I had a young lady virtually physically attached to my rear bumper. A little behind her was a police car. I thought nothing of it and just kept on my way as I can't police other drivers, but the Police can!
    As soon as we came on to Holyrood Park Road, the blue lights and tones came on. Although I was confident I'd done nothing wrong, I pulled over but the Policeman, getting out his car waved me on. After I thought about it, I got out and just asked them, is it to do with the tailgating? After they nodded I asked them to pass on the message that I hold no truck with her, but my motor has a spy in the cab and there's very little I can do but abide by the limits.
    I sincerely hope the police weren't too hard on her but I also hope she learnt a lesson today.

Whilst this might seem like an innocuous interaction and hardly worthwhile posting, when was the last time you saw a squad car (not traffic) pull over a motorist for a relatively minor infraction?
    Last edited by speedy_gonzales; 02-08-2022 at 02:41 PM.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    Today is my birthday and I received a surprising gift from L&B's finest.
    As posted here on this thread more than once before, my work vehicle is tracked & restricted, if I exceed a posted limit I leave myself open for discipline/sacking. I tend to drive everywhere bang on speed limits, and this seems to infuriate a small percentage of other road users.
    Today, I was driving along Queens Drive from Holyrood to the Commie Pool. Although driving at 21 on my GPS, I had a young lady virtually physically attached to my rear bumper. A little behind her was a police car. I thought nothing of it and just kept on my way as I can't police other drivers, but the Police can!
    As soon as we came on to Holyrood Park Road, the blue lights and tones came on. Although I was confident I'd done nothing wrong, I pulled over but the Policeman, getting out his car waved me on. After I thought about it, I got out and just asked them, is it to do with the tailgating? After they nodded I asked them to pass on the message that I hold no truck with her, but my motor has a spy in the cab and there's very little I can do but abide by the limits.
    I sincerely hope the police weren't too hard on her but I also hope she learnt a lesson today.

Whilst this might seem like an innocuous interaction and hardly worthwhile posting, when was the last time you saw a squad car (not traffic) pull over a motorist for a relatively minor infraction?
    Happy Birthday!

On your last para... I can't remember the last ime I've seen anyone pulled over..

I'm pretty sure the reduction of physical road policing to build up cameras etc has led to a general dip in the quality of driving.

Imho anyways..

Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    Happy Birthday!

On your last para... I can't remember the last ime I've seen anyone pulled over..

I'm pretty sure the reduction of physical road policing to build up cameras etc has led to a general dip in the quality of driving.

Imho anyways..

it’s funny, I rarely see the police travelling at the speed limit. They always (completely generalising here) seem to sit just below the limit, especially on dual carriageway, as if they’re trying to tempt someone into speeding to overtake, or, they’re speeding themselves (not with blues and twos on). Lost count the number of times I’ve been travelling along at maybe a few mph over the limit, and the police car is either rapidly catching up with you, or disappearing into the distance in front.

@hibs.net private member
    it’s funny, I rarely see the police travelling at the speed limit. They always (completely generalising here) seem to sit just below the limit, especially on dual carriageway, as if they’re trying to tempt someone into speeding to overtake, or, they’re speeding themselves (not with blues and twos on). Lost count the number of times I’ve been travelling along at maybe a few mph over the limit, and the police car is either rapidly catching up with you, or disappearing into the distance in front.
    They drive below the limit or everything would just wait behind them causing congestion according to a local traffic cop.

Also, they are often pacing or trying to sneak other vehicles but don't want them to know, hence going a bit over the limit.

What really gets me is when they are in a hurry, with lights and sound, is the amount of morons that just don't move over for them.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Got my bypass undertaking dickhead moment earlier. SK19 CEU. Saw what they were up to but stipped me moving back to the left having just overtaken myself. Anyone who knows Spike Milligan's palane curae will know what I shouted....
    Bwst was yer to com There was a fatal head on around the East Calder/ Kirknewton junction yeaterday. Didn't stop the Merc overtake 5 cars heading to a blind hill brow right after the lights. I like to beleive in natural selection but these idiots take others with them.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

2 peeves on the way home:

sitting in a queue of traffic, waiting to turn right (across the oncoming traffic) out of the queue - if the car in front moves up to the car in front of him, there’ll be room for me to go, but he chooses to leave a 2 car gap (for no reason, there wasn’t a road on the left), meaning I’m stuck next to an island. By the time our queue moves, there’s a stream of traffic coming the other way, so now I’m left holding up loads of folk behind me

second one, several miles away and different cars. There’s a car in front of me, and another car in front of that, who is clearly not a very confident driver, the roads are really busy, which isn’t helping them. So the guy in between (directly in front of me) decides to be an aggressive prick and drive right up the arse of the nervous driver. Every time a set of lights change for us he’s moving to almost touching (before the queue ahead has moved), revving his engine. When we’re moving, he’s constantly getting very close then letting a little gap appear, then repeating. Just an utter cock, could see the poor person in front was getting put off by it, making them more nervous.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Plans afoot to make parking spaces larger to be reflect the size of modern cars. For example the current mini is 30% larger than the original model.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Folk who park their car in the middle of a pay and display bay meaning that instead of two cars being able to park in it they have it all to themselves. Happens regularly in side street next old TSB building in Corstorphine.