hibs.net Messageboard

Page 85 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,550 of 3436
    @hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    With regards to E10, try to avoid using in 2-stroke engines including chain saws & lawnmowers. The higher ethanol content has been known to "dissolve" any plastics or pipes in the motor. Especially as those kinds of engines have fuel lying in them for some time in between uses

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With fuel prices as they are and for the environment in general, I always either change down gear or coast before braking where it's possible to do so.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

cheaper on fuel and on brakes, I do the same

Also (not you hibrandenbergj), Surely there’s signage etc when there’s a change in speed on a road, seems a bit poor having a moan at others for being prepared for it and not needing to brake if you’ve not been paying attention to the signs, and if you know the speed limit changes, why do you need someone else braking to warn you?

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    If this fuel price fiasco keeps going I'm just not going to be able to afford running my car soon.
    Me and the wife are entitled to bus passes and we will be applying for them asap, just running the car to the shops doctors hospital visits can be pricey, we would get rid of the car but need it to visit our sons who are out of town.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Me and the wife are entitled to bus passes and we will be applying for them asap, just running the car to the shops doctors hospital visits can be pricey, we would get rid of the car but need it to visit our sons who are out of town.
    Could you join the city car club? I think it's a good idea for occasional use of a car.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    On the E5/10 discussion, my wife is totally clueless it's even a thing, I don't even remember the last time she's been in a garage but she mentioned to me last week that there must be something wrong with the car as it seems to be guzzling petrol, she even had a neighbour check under the car for a leak!

Might try that E10 and see if she notices!

Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    On the E5/10 discussion, my wife is totally clueless it's even a thing, I don't even remember the last time she's been in a garage but she mentioned to me last week that there must be something wrong with the car as it seems to be guzzling petrol, she even had a neighbour check under the car for a leak!

Might try that E10 and see if she notices!
    Surely it's the E10 that's reduced the mpg?

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    Surely it's the E10 that's reduced the mpg?
    Oops....maybe lol... I mean the 'other' one , whatever it is i know its a wee bit more expensive!

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Witnessed the @rsiest manoeuvre I've seen since I saw two cars pass the same car simultaneously the one on the right passing both others in a narrow 2 lane road.

2 cars trying to join A71 from a slip. It's a bad junction as the cars are coming to join from below the main road so don't know/can't see traffic. Joiner 1 expected the car on the road to stop and let them in and kept driving rather than slowing down. So idiot one can't recognise a Give Way.... When the car in front of me broke suddenly to avoid a collision, the second car on the slip - also not slowing down, nipped out in front of the car on the main road that had just slowed right down, while also overtaking Joiner 1 who then stopped dead, forcing the car with the right of way to swerve to overtake and was able to thankfully as no traffic was coming in the opposite lane.

20mph limit through Jedburgh on the A68. You're not even in the town centre!!!!

Then you get to the Edinburgh City bypass before sherrifhall roundabout, Sunday afternoon!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    With fuel prices as they are and for the environment in general, I always either change down gear or coast before braking where it's possible to do so.

I failed my first driving test, many moons ago for this. The examiner put down ‘using gears to slow the vehicle’.
    Not a reprimand but just a point of interest.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I failed my first driving test, many moons ago for this. The examiner put down ‘using gears to slow the vehicle’.
    Not a reprimand but just a point of interest.
    Technology has moved on since the Model T.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    4D number plates. What a colossal, pointless, ugly waste of money.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    4D number plates. What a colossal, pointless, ugly waste of money.
    Had to look this up.

4D plates are one step up from the 3D number plates, and give your plate a new level of depth and make a unique statement on the roads. Whereas 3D features slightly raised characters, the 4D alternative features laser-cut acrylic numbers and letters bonded to the plate using an adhesive to give a striking raised effect
    I've no doubt they are ugly, but to me the worst thing is that whoever named them obviously hasn't the first clue what a dimension is.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    Had to look this up.

I've no doubt they are ugly, but to me the worst thing is that whoever named them obviously hasn't the first clue what a dimension is.
    About £100 a pop too. Nobody has ever looked at a car and said "It's lovely, but the number plate lettering isn't raised enough".

They're a bit chavvy IMHO.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    Had to look this up.

"A unique statement" right enough 😉

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Drivers who can’t turn a car into a left hand turn without throwing a wide arc and entering the outside lane to do it. See it every day.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Idiots that tailgate you when you're doing the speed limit, Sitting in my boot won't make me go faster. Pricks.

The young lassie in the VW Golf that drove round the wrong side of a mini roundabout in Dunfermline just to overtake a bus then shoot off at about twice the speed limit. Not clever lass and with driving like that you'll end on a slab, or your passengers will.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member
    Folk that cut you up at Harry Lauder (the Range) where they go along the left only lane right to the end before chopping over and then blaming you for not letting them in. Maniacs.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Drivers who can’t turn a car into a left hand turn without throwing a wide arc and entering the outside lane to do it. See it every day.
    Uncanny, I was going to post similar a couple of days ago.
    Witnessed a car in front of me take a left turn, but just before they turned left, they turned right to widen the arc and almost hit oncoming traffic. I've seen similar happen before, but this was bloody close!

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Had a bit of a nightmare getting back from the gym today as the police had blocked off the roads approaching Broomhouse due to an accident.

Anyway, the police had blocked off the road at Broomhouse Rd and Forrester Park Avenue. The guy two in front simply ignored it, drove round the traffic island, back into the blocked off lane - then realised he couldn’t go anywhere. The two police officers looked like they were going to read the riot act with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Idiots that tailgate you when you're doing the speed limit, Sitting in my boot won't make me go faster. Pricks.
    This is my main gripe. I feel around 90% of drivers speed. 30 in a 20, 35-40 in a 30. It’s everywhere, no matter where I go I can have a clear road behind me and within moments I’ve got some prick tailgating me. There’s no police on the roads any more though so not much of a deterrent anywhere.

Edinburgh and the Clowncil who have turned our once beautiful city into a huge car park, yesterday was an absolute nightmare with huge traffic jams in every direction, one cabbie had £60 on his meter for a simple job from Market St to Firhill, he obviously didn't charge here than, £20 I think. Another took 3.5 Hrs to go from RIE to Livingston on a set price fare, normally 40 mins or so.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Started noticing people doing this when turning right as well. W. T. F.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Edinburgh and the Clowncil who have turned our once beautiful city into a huge car park, yesterday was an absolute nightmare with huge traffic jams in every direction, one cabbie had £60 on his meter for a simple job from Market St to Firhill, he obviously didn't charge here than, £20 I think. Another took 3.5 Hrs to go from RIE to Livingston on a set price fare, normally 40 mins or so.
    I don't think you can blame the council for yesterdays congestion.
    The bypass was closed by the Police after that lorry fire, forcing 1000's of extra cars per hour to navigate their way through the West of the city.
    There were lots of tourists lost, seen a few caravans go up Woodhall Road thinking they could dodge the snarled up traffic through Colinton Village (they were wrong).

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Folk that cut you up at Harry Lauder (the Range) where they go along the left only lane right to the end before chopping over and then blaming you for not letting them in. Maniacs.
    I never, ever let them in. There is probably the odd occasion that someone has made a mistake but 99% of the time it's chancers who are at it. Nothing better than when you get the perfect scenario of someone in the right lane not letting them in and the driver behind the offender in the left lane hammering the horn whilst Mr chancer sits raging with an indicator on. There's the odd time I've seen someone shamed enough that they are forced to continue up the left lane and turn the wrong way. It's beautiful when it happens.

People who decide that post filling their car with fuel at the self service pumps is the perfect time to make a phone call, nip in to the store for a weekly shop, sort all the receipts in their wallet then have a 5 minute chat with the passenger.

Fill you car then **** off to one of the other parking spaces to do all the other ***** you need to do so the rest of us can get on with our day.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Folk who can't turn right into a junction without cutting the corner.

Usually its because they're driving far too fast. I had a woman tonight swerve to miss me as I was correctly positioned to come out a junction to turn right and she swung into the junction turning right, far too fast and ended up seeing me last minute and swerving almost hitting two young lads on the footpath.

The standard of driving is abysmal and its mainly because everyone is in too much of a rush.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post

Usually its because they're driving far too fast. I had a woman tonight swerve to miss me as I was correctly positioned to come out a junction to turn right and she swung into the junction turning right, far too fast and ended up seeing me last minute and swerving almost hitting two young lads on the footpath.

The standard of driving is abysmal and its mainly because everyone is in too much of a rush.

If there were 2 young lads on the footpath she should have been giving way to them according to the new highway code!

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    I don't think you can blame the council for yesterdays congestion.
    The bypass was closed by the Police after that lorry fire, forcing 1000's of extra cars per hour to navigate their way through the West of the city.
    There were lots of tourists lost, seen a few caravans go up Woodhall Road thinking they could dodge the snarled up traffic through Colinton Village (they were wrong).
    Added to the road closures, diversions and multitude of road works going on I can blame them. Without a lorry fire on the bypass Edinburgh it's still a nightmare, yesterday just made it worse. Was it the lorry fire that cause traffic problems on Market st and the mound area?

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post

There's a junction just outside my house and the number of people who go across it diagonally instead of turning right is unreal.

Then if you're driving up to it, they have the cheek to start at you like it's your fault they nearly crashed into you!