hibs.net Messageboard

Page 74 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,220 of 3436
    @hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    People looking at their phone while cycling. Morons!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Probably the same folk that do it whilst driving albeit they can cause a shed load more damage if they have an accident.
    I just don't understand how folk can't go from A to B without juggling their phone for 5 minutes.
    I've yet to see the Police pull anyone over for being in their phone but if you sit in traffic regularly, it seems to be everyone picks up their phone at some point.
    My company actively encourages you to place your phone in the rear/boot of the vehicle before setting off. The glovebox used to be fine but folk were caught leaning over for it 🙄

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    Probably the same folk that do it whilst driving albeit they can cause a shed load more damage if they have an accident.
    I just don't understand how folk can't go from A to B without juggling their phone for 5 minutes.
    I've yet to see the Police pull anyone over for being in their phone but if you sit in traffic regularly, it seems to be everyone picks up their phone at some point.
    My company actively encourages you to place your phone in the rear/boot of the vehicle before setting off. The glovebox used to be fine but folk were caught leaning over for it 🙄
    I’ve never seen them pull anyone over either. I actually see police drive past people that I can see are on their phone and do nothing. Yet I got points 10 years ago for sitting parked with my engine on whilst on the phone. Technically they were correct to do it but common sense wouldn’t have went a miss.

e scooters.
    If they become legal then it will be carnage if what I witnessed this after becomes normal. Driving along Captains road, lad about 16 speeding along on the pavement, no crash helmet. Comes to the traffic lights at Lasswade road, doesn’t slow down and crosses road to pavement on the other side. Caused a car to hit the brakes, luckily missed him by inches.
    Drivers and pedestrians have enough to contend with without these things zooming about. Unfortunately I have seen more and more in the last few weeks, and I have no confidence that the police will take any action if their ignoring of cyclists who ignore the Highway Code, is anything to go by.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    I was in Edinburgh on Monday and Tuesday, I was amazed at the number of cyclists who ignored red lights in the city centre.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stick View Post
    e scooters.
    If they become legal then it will be carnage if what I witnessed this after becomes normal. Driving along Captains road, lad about 16 speeding along on the pavement, no crash helmet. Comes to the traffic lights at Lasswade road, doesn’t slow down and crosses road to pavement on the other side. Caused a car to hit the brakes, luckily missed him by inches.
    Drivers and pedestrians have enough to contend with without these things zooming about. Unfortunately I have seen more and more in the last few weeks, and I have no confidence that the police will take any action if their ignoring of cyclists who ignore the Highway Code, is anything to go by.
    They’re a menace, my mate got hit by one.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    I was in Edinburgh on Monday and Tuesday, I was amazed at the number of cyclists who ignored red lights in the city centre.
    I would genuinely say it’s the majority. If I see a cyclist I fully expect them to do something they shouldn’t, especially when it comes to traffic lights.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Let someone out at Leuchars today - a tractor had been turning in a junction just beforehand and there was a big queue of traffic and as I wasn’t up to full speed let her out.

Rather than take the opportunity and get up to speed she crawled out, big beaming grin, waving to everyone and took ages to get to a respectable speed for the road.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Stick View Post
    e scooters.
    There was a guy (maybe late 30s) on one in Portobello yesterday lunchtime. I presume he'd just got it as was all over the place on the pavement and nearly hit a few people.

I lost sight of him when he took it into the Sainsburys Local.

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    Probably been mentioned on here several times already but people sitting at traffic lights looking down at their phones and not realising the lights have changed. I really thought by now the don’t use your phone while driving message would have sunk in, feels like it’s on the rise, regularly seeing drivers talking with their phones in full view held up to their ear.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfiembra View Post
    Probably been mentioned on here several times already but people sitting at traffic lights looking down at their phones and not realising the lights have changed. I really thought by now the don’t use your phone while driving message would have sunk in, feels like it’s on the rise, regularly seeing drivers talking with their phones in full view held up to their ear.

Happening all too often nowadays, I see it all the time when working in the taxi, they think by having the phone on their lap instead of at their ear they won't get caught but it's more obvious what they're doing when their heads are up and down every few seconds.

Taxi drivers u-turning through red lights at the east end of Princes St to get to the Balmoral taxi rank.

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    Taxi drivers u-turning through red lights at the east end of Princes St to get to the Balmoral taxi rank.

There isn't a rank at the Balmoral, not an official one that is but I agree they shouldn't do a u turn through a red light and the reason why many people have a problem with taxi drivers is due to a few who think they can do as they like.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfiembra View Post
    That’s so annoying, it’s compounded by the fact that they usually realise their mistake and pull away like a stabbed rat, they end up making the lights and you don’t.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    Are they definitely going through a red light? That junction when it's a green light to go towards either Leith St or Wateloo Place, it's a red light for turning right up the Bridges. At the red for straight on then it's green for the right turn.
    Last edited by BS44; 10-09-2021 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BS44 View Post
    Are they definitely going through a red light? That junction when it's a green light to go towards either Leith St or Wateloo Place, it's a red light for turning right up the Bridges. At the red for straight on then it's green for the right turn.
    They’re turning from the outside lane for going up the bridges when the light is green to go straight ahead. At best they’re turning from the wrong lane, quite often they’re turning when both lights are red and the pedestrian crossing is on go, but is clear of pedestrians. The simple fact is that they shouldn’t be ranking where they are and they shouldn’t be doing u turns either.

United we stand here....

recklessness and selfishness

coming down the M90 from Perth this afternoon, busy outside lane moving steadily at 70, all over taking a lot of lorries, caravans, winnebago’s, slower folk, etc. It’s busy enough that I generally couldn’t see the furthest car at the front of the traffic queue in the outside lane, and with a good few cars behind me there too, but we’re moving at 70, and almost everyone is satisfied with that

then comes the utter cretin driving a silver Audi A4, 2 cars in front, who can’t resist demonstrating he’s an ********. A reasonable but small empty stretch of inside lane approaches, and this idiot floors it, and undertakes 4 cars doing 70 and comes within a a couple of inches of hitting either the Winnebago in the inside lane and the first of the 4 cars in the outside lane, and nearly hits the central reservation trying to get his car straightened in the outside lane again. All this, risking a good number of lives, so he can move approximately 10 seconds further up a long chain of traffic, moving at a sensible speed anyway, and still with the front of that chain out of sight in the distance.

folk like that don’t stay alive because of their own driving skills, but by the skills of everyone else

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    I got beeped at today for not giving way to someone who drove the wrong way down a one way street. Wasn’t till a few minutes later that I actually thought that even if it hadn’t been a one way street, I’d still have had right of way. Mental.

Same journey, someone thought it was acceptable to reverse out a side street into moving traffic on Salamander Street during rush hour.

Probably been mentioned as it's a simple one, but people that turn into your lane right in front of you and the entire responsibility to avoid a crash is put on you.

Punctured tyres. 3rd one this year!!

What’s with the yoof’s cycling down the road on a wheelie.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    What’s with the yoof’s cycling down the road on a wheelie.
    Just being yoofs! Showing off, its what yoof do.

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    Drivers and sorry, but particularly women, that I’ve seen that go into panic mode or freeze at the sight and sound of an emergency vehicle. Saw a woman today that stopped in front of a police car with its lights and sirens on such that he was stuck against an island in the road and couldn’t get round her. All she had to do was pull forward a car length, there were no other vehicles in front of her, and to the left slightly and he was away.

@hibs.net private member
    The absolute moron who drove up the wrong lane and pulled in front of me when I was first in line at red lights today.

I don't think she was happy when I pulled alongside after the lights and told her I knew a good driving instructor.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    Just being yoofs! Showing off, its what yoof do.
    Unsure what the cut-off age for yoofs is these days, but I passed a 30ish year old hipster on a bike at Jocks Lodge, cycling (that isn't a surprise), but he was sat back with his arms crossed in front of him, nonchalant to those strike him.
    A no-hander isn't a new thing, loads of kids struggle to master that particular craft, but this was during morning rush hour on Edinburgh roads with a surface akin to the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    Probably been mentioned as it's a simple one, but people that turn into your lane right in front of you and the entire responsibility to avoid a crash is put on you.

yep, think some folk need a reminder that the wee bit space on front of vehicles in other lanes has a purpose, its braking distance to avoid a crash, not so selfish twats can shove their nose in front of you and force you to avoid a collision

The Cameron Toll roundabout. Or rather people's inability to follow simple instructions at it, particularly when coming from Peffermill direction.

The left lane is both signed and marked 'store and other routes'. If you are going up Old Dalkeith Road or into Cameron Toll then you should be in this lane. The right lane is clearly marked and signed 'City Centre and Old Town'. Taking the 3rd exit up towards Lady Road or going round to Dalkeith Road? This is for you. It's so ****ing simple but every time you are in the right lane you get at least one twat flying up the left of you on the roundabout as you try to merge into the correct lane. They inevitably glare and shout at you when you beep them to warn them you are there completely oblivious to the fact they can't ****ing drive properly.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AltheHibby View Post
    The absolute moron who drove up the wrong lane and pulled in front of me when I was first in line at red lights today.

I don't think she was happy when I pulled alongside after the lights and told her I knew a good driving instructor.

Haha thats a good one
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    The Cameron Toll roundabout. Or rather people's inability to follow simple instructions at it, particularly when coming from Peffermill direction.

The left lane is both signed and marked 'store and other routes'. If you are going up Old Dalkeith Road or into Cameron Toll then you should be in this lane. The right lane is clearly marked and signed 'City Centre and Old Town'. Taking the 3rd exit up towards Lady Road or going round to Dalkeith Road? This is for you. It's so ****ing simple but every time you are in the right lane you get at least one twat flying up the left of you on the roundabout as you try to merge into the correct lane. They inevitably glare and shout at you when you beep them to warn them you are there completely oblivious to the fact they can't ****ing drive properly.
    Same thing happened to us a couple of weeks back. It was my wife who was driving as I'd had a few the night before at the game. We were heading towards Dalkeith Road from Old Dalkieth Road. I was in the passenger seat and could see the car behind us trying to merge into our lane. Told my wife, it's OK your in the right lane. Both my wife and daughter agreed that if it'd be driving I'd probably have tooted and gone into total road rage mode. 😄

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Folk that just drift across lanes, wtf are they doing? Coming through the lights at Barnton heading into Edinburgh, car in front of me was literally straddled across two lanes, started moving into one then decided to settle on the other.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net