hibs.net Messageboard

Page 55 of 115 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 3426
    @hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My wife and eldest daughter both have Fiat 500s. You could be onto something!!
    Are either of them midwives?

We had midwives do home visits for Wee Jones 1 and out of the 7 or 8 that came all but 1 had Fiat 500’s.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Are either of them midwives?

We had midwives do home visits for Wee Jones 1 and out of the 7 or 8 that came all but 1 had Fiat 500’s.
    haha no! 500s are dead cheap to buy and to run so that is probably the attraction.

****ers who dont acknowledge you when you stop to let them through a narrow part of the road, 2 of them today at the same bit, ignorant gits.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    The Vanden Plas had a square steering wheel. Vinyl roof and a funky grill at the front and wooden cash etc. It was the uniquely BL mustard colour which was horrific
    The Allegro was a truly horrific car, but the Vanden Plas took it to new levels. I was watching a program a while ago and the guy that designed it was on, he had the original design with him, it actually looked quite good, but management interference forced him to change it into the monstrosity it became.

United we stand here....

My friend had the sports version of the Allegro, the Equipe I think. It had super performance for its time - until one of the front wheels fell off!
    Space to let

Audi drivers are considerably worse than BMW and Mercedes drivers and I won't be told otherwise.

Think they own the ****ing road. Twats.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    the very worst, most ignorant drivers on the road

1 Audi
    2 BMW

absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    The Allegro was a truly horrific car, but the Vanden Plas took it to new levels. I was watching a program a while ago and the guy that designed it was on, he had the original design with him, it actually looked quite good, but management interference forced him to change it into the monstrosity it became.
    BL were a joke. The Ital was designed by Giugiaro italdesign I think, hence the name, but when you read the history of that design house there is no mention of it!! Says it all about BL

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Maybe I’m alone but I think the Vaden Plas has actually matured into a bit of a cult classic!

I do remember one of my mates dads had a standard allegro and it had weird waffle pattern vinyl covered seats that literally stuck to you in the summer.

The build quality of all BL cars were truly horrific though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    Audi drivers are considerably worse than BMW and Mercedes drivers and I won't be told otherwise.

Think they own the ****ing road. Twats.
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    the very worst, most ignorant drivers on the road

1 Audi
    2 BMW

absolutely

So basically anybody that drives a German car.

Funnily enough, Germans are notoriously selfish drivers (second only, in my experience, to the Austrians).

BL were a joke. The Ital was designed by Giugiaro italdesign I think, hence the name, but when you read the history of that design house there is no mention of it!! Says it all about BL
    The Allegro came out around the time we joined the common market, the hope was that it would be a big seller in Europe. The reality was that people realised they didn’t have to buy crappy BL cars anymore, they could get quality German cars instead and the Europeans didn’t fancy the Allegro very much.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Maybe I’m alone but I think the Vaden Plas has actually matured into a bit of a cult classic!

I do remember one of my mates dads had a standard allegro and it had weird waffle pattern vinyl covered seats that literally stuck to you in the summer.

The build quality of all BL cars were truly horrific though.
    Not many BL cars lasted long enough to mature.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Shirley VW drivers are exempt?

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Shirley VW drivers are exempt?
    No, only trabant drivers 😉
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I’m not saying that people who drive Nissan Jukes or Qaishqais are all **** drivers...it just seems to be that when I see some **** driving it’s from the owner of one of those cars.

Although there are idiots driving these cars without doubt and it doesn't matter what car they drive private hire drivers are the worst drivers on the road. If you see a car making a dodgy manoeuvre in the distance you can be assured when it gets closer it will have the private hire signs on it.

Delivery drivers are next and bin men after that.
    Space to let

So basically drivers of Fiat 500s, Nissan Jukes/Qashquais, all German cars and anyone who drives both black cabs and private hire cars are **** drivers. Add to that truck and bus drivers and motorcyclists and not to mention cyclists then I don't think I want to be on the roads any time soon. 🙃

So basically drivers of Fiat 500s, Nissan Jukes/Qashquais, all German cars and anyone who drives both black cabs and private hire cars are **** drivers. Add to that truck and bus drivers and motorcyclists and not to mention cyclists then I don't think I want to be on the roads any time soon. 🙃

I drive an Astra, so I'm OK.

Folk who drive Astras. ****ing nightmare, drive about like they are the only ones who know how to drive properly

People from hick country towns where the dual carriageway is only 400m long, but think they're expert enough to criticise Astra drivers.

I mean, seriously, stick to playing your Banjos with your twelve fingers!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    .nets perfect drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    .nets perfect drivers.

I'll have you know that I have a thirty years no claims bonus!!!

It would have been thirty one, if it wasn't for that multi-car pile up in Liverpool when I used to drive a German car.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I'll have you know that I have a thirty years no claims bonus!!!

It would have been thirty one, if it wasn't for that multi-car pile up in Liverpool when I used to drive a German car.
    Proves nothing, bad drivers don’t always have accidents, they may cause plenty though 😉

@hibs.net private member

Funnily enough, Germans are notoriously selfish drivers (second only, in my experience, to the Austrians).
    Funny thing perception. I tend to think of them as disciplined drivers who ate taught that rules are rules, and drive to the rules.

I always enjoy the autobahns; especially when the hire car can play with the big boys!

Back on topic, I live in Dudlley. No one can drive here, and the M5/6 are especially bad with middle lane morons.

People from hick country towns where the dual carriageway is only 400m long, but think they're expert enough to criticise Astra drivers.

I mean, seriously, stick to playing your Banjos with your twelve fingers!
    We actually have traffic lights now you know! And the only folk in the wee *****y who have 12 fingers are the jambo minority!

We actually have traffic lights now you know! And the only folk in the wee *****y who have 12 fingers are the jambo minority!

Traffic Lights? Seriously?

Never had any when I lived in Fishcross.

Quote Originally Posted by AltheHibby View Post
    Funny thing perception. I tend to think of them as disciplined drivers who ate taught that rules are rules, and drive to the rules.

I always enjoy the autobahns; especially when the hire car can play with the big boys!

Back on topic, I live in Dudlley. No one can drive here, and the M5/6 are especially bad with middle lane morons.

Germans don't have a concept of a safe stopping distance from the car in front, and if you overtake on the Autobahn you invariably get another car driving right up to your bumper, flashing his lights at you and expecting you to pull back into the slow lane ASAP.

If you're on a side street trying to get into busy traffic, they almost never flash their lights and let you in.

If you need to swap lanes, then be brave about it, partly because there's no space between the cars in the other lane (see point 1) and partly because they never let people in (see point 2).

However, they are mere amateurs compared to Austrians, particularly the Viennese. Those Arschlöcher jump lanes like there's no tomorrow (there often isn't for some of them), cut you up on the motorway and like to terrorise pedestrians by driving up to pedestrian crossings at 100kph, then slamming on their brakes at the last second.

Austria statistically has the second highest accident rate per kilometer of road in Europe... second only to Slovenia. But that's only because Slovenia is between Vienna and the Adriatic, so the crazy Viennese drive through it on their way to the beach, killing everybody in their path.
    Last edited by Keith_M; 01-02-2021 at 01:43 PM.

Traffic Lights? Seriously?

Never had any when I lived in Fishcross.
    Don't know when that was but you would have been lucky to have an indoor toilet if you lived in kipper Junction!!

Don't know when that was but you would have been lucky to have an indoor toilet if you lived in kipper Junction!!

Outside lavvies only

@hibs.net private member
    Germans don't have a concept of a safe stopping distance from the car in front, and if you overtake on the Autobahn you invariably get another car driving right up to your bumper, flashing his lights at you and expecting you to pull back into the slow lane ASAP.

If you're on a side street trying to get into busy traffic, they almost never flash their lights and let you in.

If you need to swap lanes, then be brave about it, partly because there's no space between the cars in the other lane (see point 1) and partly because they never let people in (see point 2).

However, they are mere amateurs compared to Austrians, particularly the Viennese. Those Arschlöcher jump lanes like there's no tomorrow (there often isn't for some of them), cut you up on the motorway and like to terrorise pedestrians by driving up to pedestrian crossings at 100kph, then slamming on their brakes at the last second.

Austria statistically has the second highest accident rate per kilometer of road in Europe... second only to Slovenia. But that's only because Slovenia is between Vienna and the Adriatic, so the crazy Viennese drive through it on their way to the beach, killing everybody in their path.

You forgot signalling left in the outside lane to let you know they are screaming down the road. I was once doing 200KPH towards Dusseldorf and I had 3 Porsches on my tail, all signalling left.

I still feel safer on German roads than here. Only today I saw a Range Rover refuse to move over for an ambulance on a blue light run, forcing the ambulance to undertake.

BTW, have you ever had the 'pleasure' of driving through the Kennedy Tunnel in Antwerp? Now that is terrifying!😳