hibs.net Messageboard

Page 54 of 114 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 3414
    Taking the wife to work this morning and heading to York place westwards at the new traffic system, I'm in the left lane to head to York place and this eejit in the middle lane decides he wants to turn left instead of going straight ahead onto Broughton St, needless to say I quick blast on the horn a few choice words were uttered.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    When you’re at a junction wide enough for two cars and an SUV pulls up alongside you and myself, as someone who doesn’t drive a Fisher Price Jeep, has their view entirely blocked to one side (same complaint in parking spaces).

A fashion statement that infringes on the safety of other road users, get them to ****.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When you’re at a junction wide enough for two cars and an SUV pulls up alongside you and myself, as someone who doesn’t drive a Fisher Price Jeep, has their view entirely blocked to one side (same complaint in parking spaces).

A fashion statement that infringes on the safety of other road users, get them to ****.
    Yep, so annoying. As an add-on to this, the step things at the sides of Jeeps, Range Rovers, etc. that take up more room in parking spaces. There’s someone in my development who has two Range Rovers and parks them with a space between them, so any other car that tries to park in that space hits their door off the step.

The guy’s next door neighbour does something even more infuriating. Our car park doesn’t have designated spaces, you just park where you want so long as you’ve registered your car for the reg plate recognition. This particular person has a favoured space so has somehow acquired a traffic cone and puts it in the favoured space to prevent anyone else parking there.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Yep, so annoying. As an add-on to this, the step things at the sides of Jeeps, Range Rovers, etc. that take up more room in parking spaces. There’s someone in my development who has two Range Rovers and parks them with a space between them, so any other car that tries to park in that space hits their door off the step.

The guy’s next door neighbour does something even more infuriating. Our car park doesn’t have designated spaces, you just park where you want so long as you’ve registered your car for the reg plate recognition. This particular person has a favoured space so has somehow acquired a traffic cone and puts it in the favoured space to prevent anyone else parking there.
    I have no problems with Land Rovers and the like - even Suzuki Jimnys are brilliant and will get you out of trouble - as the future in-laws live in the arse end of nowhere and when it snows there, they need a car that will handle deep snow.

I'd imagine that the vast majority of SUVs and higher up vehicles in towns and cities are unnecessary. If you need space an estate serves you much, much better than any SUV.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member

That cone deserves to go missing....

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

And the cone is still there! 😉

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

That would boil my piss. Why be so possessive over a space if everyone has one allocated?

We shared a street with a scaffolder who had flatbed truck that he used to bring to the street to park. Every morning at half 7 he would move the truck from the space, empty the back of it of scaffold batons and poles and arrange them on the road to save his space, then every night he’d put them back in the truck and park it.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

I would move the cone and park there at every opportunity.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

One night the cone would be doused in petrol and melted in said parking space and it would be blamed on local vandals.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

I had a similar problem with a neighbour years ago in Linwood.

She had an obsession with the space outside her front door and the couple of times I parked in it, her boyfriend double parked and blocked me in with his Jeep.

I went to the door the first time and politely asked if they could move it. They eventually did.

The second time, she made a big fuss (even though I was being polite again) and ranted about it being 'her' space. I calmly told her she was wrong, that they had no right to deliberately block my car on a public road and advised that her boyfriend not do it again. He came to the door, shouting and screaming and asking me who the hell I thought I was and described what he would do to me if I ever bothered him again.

I then sat in my car, waited for him to move his Jeep to let me out (which he eventually did), got out of my car and 'had a quiet word in his ear' out of the sight of his girlfriend and neighbours.

He never did it again.
    Last edited by Keith_M; 28-01-2021 at 12:20 PM.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    100% that cone would be getting moved.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    100% that cone would be getting moved.

If only there was somewhere it could be inserted...

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hermit crab View Post
    one night the cone would be doused in petrol and melted on top of the vehicle and it would be blamed on local vandals.

ftfy
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I had a similar problem with a neighbour years ago in Linwood.

She had an obsession with the space outside her front door and the couple of times I parked in it, her boyfriend double parked and blocked me in with his Jeep.

I went to the door the first time and politely asked if they could move it. They eventually did.

The second time, she made a big fuss (even though I was being polite again) and ranted about it being 'her' space. I calmly told her she was wrong, that they had no right to deliberately block my car on a public road and advised that her boyfriend not do it again. He came to the door, shouting and screaming and asking me who the hell I thought I was and described what he would do to me if I ever bothered him again.

I then sat in my car, waited for him to move his Jeep to let me out (which he eventually did), got out of my car and 'had a quiet word in his ear' out of the sight of his girlfriend and neighbours.

He never did it again.
    That reminds me of what happened to my car when I lived in falkirk, Russell Street near Brockville is very narrow with space to park on one side only. As most cars were parked on the opposite side of the road to my house I also parked opposite. One person owned a haulage firm and would sometimes bring a tractor cab unit home. He and his neighbour would block my car in with an inch between the vehicles so no way of getting the car out.

The straw that broke the camels back was the squirting of superglue into the locks. I bought my current home, unseen, soon after. That was over 30 years ago.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I used to park a long double wheel base Ford Transit van behind my own car when I lived in Liverpool. The next door neighbour didn’t have a car but complained that my van blocked his light! Threatened to slash the van tyres and vandalise it if it wasn’t moved, it stayed where it was and was never touched.

Some of this sounds a bit like my street.

Most houses have driveways but there’s 8 houses that don’t (including ours), totalling 17 cars. There’s seven communal spaces plus space on the kerb at the opposite side of the road.

our next door neighbours are fanatical about one particular space, to the point that when one of them is going out, the other will go out and move their other car into the space to make sure no one can get it (particularly the household on their other side, they don’t get on at all).

we also have a bloke who buys an oldish car, parks it in a space and it never moves for months, then is eventually gotten rid off (one sat for about 2 years solid, and was completely mouldy inside).

the space on the kerb has enough room for 6 cars if people park sensibly, one household (husband, wife and recently passed driving test daughter), none of them have any concept of good parking, and it’s not unusual to come home to find their 3 cars taking up the entire space because theyve left over half a car length between each other.

there’s also a neighbour with a double driveway who owns (but doesn’t drive) a taxi, which is never in his driveway but in a communal space (although I think he’s sorned it now as he’s moved it into the garden after months of taking up a space).

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    That reminds me of what happened to my car when I lived in falkirk, Russell Street near Brockville is very narrow with space to park on one side only. As most cars were parked on the opposite side of the road to my house I also parked opposite. One person owned a haulage firm and would sometimes bring a tractor cab unit home. He and his neighbour would block my car in with an inch between the vehicles so no way of getting the car out.

The straw that broke the camels back was the squirting of superglue into the locks. I bought my current home, unseen, soon after. That was over 30 years ago.

That's just ridiculous bullying.

Fiat 500s. What is about a Fiat 500 that attracts people that really shouldn't be on the road? Cutting people up, parking over two spaces, if it's not an Audi it's a bloody Fiat 500.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Fiat 500s. What is about a Fiat 500 that attracts people that really shouldn't be on the road? Cutting people up, parking over two spaces, if it's not an Audi it's a bloody Fiat 500.
    It's the big ones that puzzle me. What's that all about? Like big minis, surely they should be maxis? I remember real maxis and they were guff.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    It's the big ones that puzzle me. What's that all about? Like big minis, surely they should be maxis? I remember real maxis and they were guff.
    Ah, the Austin Maxi. There used to be a joke about the Dunlop Worldbeater tyres tv advert. Round the world on one set of tyres but wore out three Austin Maxis.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    My wife and eldest daughter both have Fiat 500s. You could be onto something!!

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saturday Boy View Post
    Ah, the Austin Maxi. There used to be a joke about the Dunlop Worldbeater tyres tv advert. Round the world on one set of tyres but wore out three Austin Maxis.

Never had one but my workmate did. Think he almost dislocated his wrist trying to change gear and put his knee out booting the clutch. A truly horrendous motor.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post

Never had one but my workmate did. Think he almost dislocated his wrist trying to change gear and put his knee out booting the clutch. A truly horrendous motor.
    When we were 17 and just passed our tests my mate had a Allegro Vanden Plas, how very posh. We went thousands of miles in it, at least half of them being towed!!

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar

I managed to write my mother's Maxi off. Nothing serious, just wasn't looking and a Beetle (a Beetle ffs) ploughed into me.

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    When we were 17 and just passed our tests my mate had a Allegro Vanden Plas, how very posh. We went thousands of miles in it, at least half of them being towed!!
    Haha.... my boss had one.....I remember the catchphrase back in 78 or whenever - Allegro's Got Vroom!! Heap of sheidt!

@hibs.net private member
    Haha.... my boss had one.....I remember the catchphrase back in 78 or whenever - Allegro's Got Vroom!! Heap of sheidt!
    Passed my test in an allegro. Not the posh variant though ! :).

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    I managed to write my mother's Maxi off. Nothing serious, just wasn't looking and a Beetle (a Beetle ffs) ploughed into me.
    You are John Lennon and I claim my £10 https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp...rashed-car-a9/

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    You are John Lennon and I claim my £10 https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp...rashed-car-a9/
    Imagine that .

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Passed my test in an allegro. Not the posh variant though ! :).
    The Vanden Plas had a square steering wheel. Vinyl roof and a funky grill at the front and wooden cash etc. It was the uniquely BL mustard colour which was horrific

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Imagine that .
    He obviously wasn't watching the wheels..