hibs.net Messageboard

Page 39 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 3430
    @hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The folk who only indicate after beginning to turn the wheel and change direction - it’s pointless now, I can see your car changing direction already, the indicator is to let people know what you’re going to do, not what you’re already doing! I can see the car changing direction, what would have been helpful is an indication of what you planned to do before you actually did it
    Oh that’s so annoying. Brake lights first leaving everyone guessing than the indicators come on.

2. Log in to remove the advert

People who signal left at Sth Charlotte St to go right and then signal left at Lothian Rd from Princes St, these are basically one way streets and you don't need to indicate, also people who cannot stay in their bloody lane when going from Sth Charlotte St to Lothian road, number of times I've nearly had my nose clipped because some drivers cannot stay in their lanes.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Drove behind a Ford Focus ST tonight from Jocks Lodge to Morrison street where I lost him at the lights. Throughout the entire journey he drove like a ****** imbecile, using bus lane to undetrtake, overtaking when there really wasn’t a need or barely space, taking a right hand lane only to beat a queue then forcing his way back in causing others to brake and yet at Morrison street he was still only three cars ahead of me, nice car driven by a total ****er.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    I'm amazed at the amount of drivers still using the bus lane on Milton rd during the hours of operation to skip the queue despite there being a bus lane camera now in operation. I was sat in the queue of traffic waiting to turn right and there was 4 or 5 cars or vans that tore up the bus lane and will now be getting hit with a £60 council issued fine right before Xmas. Numpties!!
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I'm amazed at the amount of drivers still using the bus lane on Milton rd during the hours of operation to skip the queue despite there being a bus lane camera now in operation. I was sat in the queue of traffic waiting to turn right and there was 4 or 5 cars or vans that tore up the bus lane and will now be getting hit with a £60 council issued fine right before Xmas. Numpties!!
    Same as the one on Liberton Road heading left to Gilmerton Road.

Personally think the cameras there are a crock of s*it and it was one bus lane I always used to use at any time, but they are clearly marked as having cameras, folk still tear down it either oblivious to the camera signs or thinking its doesn't apply to them, but will end up with a fine regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by AFKA5814_Hibs View Post
    Same as the one on Liberton Road heading left to Gilmerton Road.

Personally think the cameras there are a crock of s*it and it was one bus lane I always used to use at any time, but they are clearly marked as having cameras, folk still tear down it either oblivious to the camera signs or thinking its doesn't apply to them, but will end up with a fine regardless.
    I'm a cabbie and the one at Liberton Rd is a waste, just a money making sceme.

Travelling towards Musselburgh or in the opposite direction?

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    Towards Musselburgh just past the Hope Lane junction.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post

What J-C said.

What J-C said.
    Ta. I thought I'd seen that but it struck me as strange. Is the right hand land not right turn only and, often, the busier lane?

Seems strange to force straight-on or left-turn traffic into that lane, as well as potentially dangerous when it comes to traffic re-entering that lane after the bus lane ends.

Ta. I thought I'd seen that but it struck me as strange. Is the right hand land not right turn only and, often, the busier lane?

Seems strange to force straight-on or left-turn traffic into that lane, as well as potentially dangerous when it comes to traffic re-entering that lane after the bus lane ends.
    There's many who skip the traffic by using that lane and then indicate to go back into the right hand lane, there's a bus stop just after and the bus sometimes has to wait to get into it.

Too many ass holes would tear up the bus lane and try to force themselves into to RH turn only lane after the bus stop which would often lead to angry exchanges and road rage incidents.

There's many who skip the traffic by using that lane and then indicate to go back into the right hand lane, there's a bus stop just after and the bus sometimes has to wait to get into it.
    Too many ass holes would tear up the bus lane and try to force themselves into to RH turn only lane after the bus stop which would often lead to angry exchanges and road rage incidents.
    Fair points, although I've never seen that happen historically. I think it's more problematic extending the RH lane queue artificially, particularly with some of the nonsense which goes on in the large box junction across from the Brunstane primary exit from Magdalene.

In fact, there's a similar bus lane camera set up before the right turn to the Chesser ASDA / World of Football and the RH lane traffic is often obstructed by cars which are queuing having waited too long to return to the LH lane.

To me, it just shifts the problem rather than solve it. It does make money though.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Cars with only one headlight working

Drivers who ignore priority/give way to oncoming traffic signs.

Blog Entries
    Having someone without a driving licence in charge of the council's traffic policy.
    Leith walk....again.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Has there been a sudden increase in folk being charged for running red lights? Because the number of people I've observed in Edinburgh and Glasgow who just nonchalantly go through a red light well after it's changed is verging on the ridiculous recently.

Any fool can learn to drive, unfortunately most of them do.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Drivers that ignore to slow down & stop when pedestrians are looking to cross the road at a zebra crossing.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Drivers who ignore priority/give way to oncoming traffic signs.
    I had a disagreement with a private hire driver in Troon who ignored that I had priority. We had a bit of a stand off until he backed up, then tried to go radge about it.

He said nobody paid attention to those signs.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    Drivers that ignore to slow down & stop when pedestrians are looking to cross the road at a zebra crossing.
    I'd charge them with dangerous driving if it was up to me. There's a zebra crossing near the school my daughter goes to and folk drive through that all the time, even with kids starting to cross on it.

At the risk of sounding like a radge (given the post above), I've had many rows with folk who have ignored it and I've challenged them on it.

Folk who ignore the one way section of Jane Street and attempt to head towards Leith Walk.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I had a disagreement with a private hire driver in Troon who ignored that I had priority. We had a bit of a stand off until he backed up, then tried to go radge about it.

He said nobody paid attention to those signs.
    I was driving along McDonald Road a few weeks back towards Broughton Road/Bonington Road. Guy coming towards the car in front of me was clearly going to ignore the priority sign. The guy in front of me was driving an old Ford Fiesta that had seen better days whilst Mr ignorant was in a BMW M4. Guy in front of me obviously knew the guy wasn't going to stop but just kept going anyway as he both had right of way and clearly just didn't give a toss. Mr BMW still tried to bully his way through, at a fair speed, then when realising the other guy wasn't going to bow down to him had to swerve to avoid the oncoming car. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who took great delight in watching him ram the kerb with his back tyre whic promptly burst and the alloy was visibly ****ed as well.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I was driving along McDonald Road a few weeks back towards Broughton Road/Bonington Road. Guy coming towards the car in front of me was clearly going to ignore the priority sign. The guy in front of me was driving an old Ford Fiesta that had seen better days whilst Mr ignorant was in a BMW M4. Guy in front of me obviously knew the guy wasn't going to stop but just kept going anyway as he both had right of way and clearly just didn't give a toss. Mr BMW still tried to bully his way through, at a fair speed, then when realising the other guy wasn't going to bow down to him had to swerve to avoid the oncoming car. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who took great delight in watching him ram the kerb with his back tyre whic promptly burst and the alloy was visibly ****ed as well.

Great when you see something like that. Do you know how important I am and how expensive my car is? I do know your alloy probably cost more than my Fiesta is worth.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Splendid.

I hope Fiesta guy kept driving.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    I'd charge them with dangerous driving if it was up to me. There's a zebra crossing near the school my daughter goes to and folk drive through that all the time, even with kids starting to cross on it.

At the risk of sounding like a radge (given the post above), I've had many rows with folk who have ignored it and I've challenged them on it.
    I'd really worry if there was a zebra crossing outside my daughters school. A zebra crossing relies on the road users stopping as soon as the pedestrian steps out, but many pedestrians just stand and wait for traffic to stop, considerate drivers will always anticipate this but a minority (I hope) play by the rules and will just keep going.
    Even when you step out you're putting faith in the drivers to have seen you in the crossing,,,, there are too many accidents these days where the driver will claim "I never saw that" or "they came from nowhere"!

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Excellent.

Splendid.

I hope Fiesta guy kept driving.

I hope the fiesta guy gave a big smile and a cheery wave to the bmw bloke

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    So wished that was me in the Fiesta. Fedup with merge lane chicken with van drivers who try and race to get one space in front in static traffic.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    I'd really worry if there was a zebra crossing outside my daughters school. A zebra crossing relies on the road users stopping as soon as the pedestrian steps out, but many pedestrians just stand and wait for traffic to stop, considerate drivers will always anticipate this but a minority (I hope) play by the rules and will just keep going.
    Even when you step out you're putting faith in the drivers to have seen you in the crossing,,,, there are too many accidents these days where the driver will claim "I never saw that" or "they came from nowhere"!
    The pick-up driver who didn't stop when I was already on a crossing in a supermarket car park probably regrets it as I was not fully in control of the loaded trolley that ran along the side of his vehicle.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.