hibs.net Messageboard

Page 36 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 3436
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The roadworks at the bottom of Easter road/Lochend Road
    The fact that the council (Perth and Kinross) has schedule resurfacing of 500m of the main road in Pitlochry to coincide with 2 of the busiest periods, the Highland Games and the start of Enchanted Forest!!
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Regents Road and Waterloo Place are closed to traffic to allow the filming of a Hollywood movie.

Traffic at Abbeyhill all has to go London Road then Leith Street.

Perfect timing with the 4-way lights on East Norton Place and the top of Easter Road.

At least the Festival visitors have all gone home so that it’s only locals and Council Tax payers that have to live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturday Boy View Post
    Regents Road and Waterloo Place are closed to traffic to allow the filming of a Hollywood movie.

Perfect timing with the 4-way lights on East Norton Place and the top of Easter Road.

At least the Festival visitors have all gone home so that it’s only locals and Council Tax payers that have to live with it.
    Expect chaos for the next 2 weeks as lots of central streets get closed for this bloody film, more money for this Clowncil.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Saturday Boy View Post

Heaping misery on top of misery! It’s absolutely criminal what’s taking place in this city. Unfortunately there’s no accountability for those who sign these things off.

Courier delivery drivers. Not their actual driving but their ability to stop in an instant with no warning, and on the actual delivery service, don't leave a cardboard box in the recycling bin, and use some common sense, if the point on your map doesn't correspond with the postal address on the parcel, check before delivering the item to the wrong person.

Blog Entries
    I joined the M8 at Hermiston Gait yesterday afternoon. There was a big lorry in the inside lane travelling no more the 50mph and another HGV pulling out to overtake. The overtaking vehicle was struggling to get past and ran alongside the other one for two or three miles till the exit for the M90. Unable to overtake, he braked and fell back into the inside lane to take the exit. I tend to think HGV drivers are experienced and responsible but the performance from this pair was unbelievable.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    The ever increasing trend of erseholes pulling wheelies on push bikes whilst in traffic, lately have seen them cycling towards the oncoming traffic doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I joined the M8 at Hermiston Gait yesterday afternoon. There was a big lorry in the inside lane travelling no more the 50mph and another HGV pulling out to overtake. The overtaking vehicle was struggling to get past and ran alongside the other one for two or three miles till the exit for the M90. Unable to overtake, he braked and fell back into the inside lane to take the exit. I tend to think HGV drivers are experienced and responsible but the performance from this pair was unbelievable.
    Happens all the time and the should know better or don't care.

As I said earlier I just don't let them out these days.

Vans and lorries from the same company playing games doesn't impress me much either. Delivery companies are probably the worst and it's not just Warbiton the manager that's a fanny!
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    The ever increasing trend of erseholes pulling wheelies on push bikes whilst in traffic, lately have seen them cycling towards the oncoming traffic doing it.
    Saughton Road North by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    Saughton Road North by any chance?
    Meadow Place Road just beyond Tesco was my latest sighting

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Meadow Place Road just beyond Tesco was my latest sighting
    Ah, there's been a group of young bucks cycling around Saughton Road, Carrick Knowe & Broomhall the last couple of weeks. A little anti-social behaviour but nothing too serious (and we've all been there).
    Unfortunately for them, their reckless cycling on & off the roads on these dark nights could end in someone getting hurt. Wouldn't wish it upon them but just wonder who the parents would blame/complain to if it did happen!

Driving West towards the Zoo tonight a white Mercedes hatch turning right from Pinkhill decides he’s fed up of waiting and decides to go for the gap in between me and the car in front, about three car lengths, ****in madness. If I hadn’t have slightly anticipated his move as I saw his nose edging out as the car in front passed him I think I would have hit him, my brakes work that’s for sure......phew

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Ersehole pedestrians who see you coming then decide to wander across anyway (in the last instance 5 yards away from the crossing) but turn their head away. Next one's getting a sharp toot!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Ersehole pedestrians who see you coming then decide to wander across anyway (in the last instance 5 yards away from the crossing) but turn their head away. Next one's getting a sharp toot!
    You should live in Pitlochry!! Standard practice of tourists.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    You should live in Pitlochry!! Standard practice of tourists.
    Funny you mention Pitlochry, and the enchanted forest in one of the posts at the top, do you recommend anywhere to stay with a good breakfast? Im up in a couple of weeks for the EF with the bairn and missus, going to book a room tonight but a bit of local knowledge would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    Funny you mention Pitlochry, and the enchanted forest in one of the posts at the top, do you recommend anywhere to stay with a good breakfast? Im up in a couple of weeks for the EF with the bairn and missus, going to book a room tonight but a bit of local knowledge would be appreciated.
    A bit difficult to recommend places to stay when I live here.

However, depends on your budget, The Moulin Inn, The Old Mill, McKay's and Craigatin House are all supposed to be nice, as is Craigmhor Lodge. Or there are the larger hotels Fisher's, Atholl Palace and Scotland's which are all the same hotel chain. And there's The Hydro hotel, which along with Scotland's and the Atholl Palace have pools. Pitlochry has no Travel Lodge type accommodation other than a Youth Hostel and Backpackers Hostel. Always try self catering, The Moulin Inn has a couple of cottages.

Worth looking at these to help choose. Hope it helps.

https://www.visitscotland.com/destin...accommodation/

https://www.pitlochry.org/where-to-stay/

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels...nd-Hotels.html

Folk who saunter through car parks oblivious to the cars also trying to negotiate their way through.

folk who can’t park a car straight and end up over one of the lines enough to make the next space unusable.

folk who use parent and child spaces without a child, lazy ****s. Also people who park in the drop off bay at supermarkets.

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    Folk who saunter through car parks oblivious to the cars also trying to negotiate their way through.

folk who can’t park a car straight and end up over one of the lines enough to make the next space unusable.

folk who use parent and child spaces without a child, lazy ****s. Also people who park in the drop off bay at supermarkets.
    A few weeks back I'm sitting outside M&S at Craigleith waiting to pick up the missus, a big BMW pulls into a parent and child space, out pops the 2 parents and a girl aged around 14 dressed in Mary Erskine uniform, bloody cheek and lazy gets.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    A bit difficult to recommend places to stay when I live here.

However, depends on your budget, The Moulin Inn, The Old Mill, McKay's and Craigatin House are all supposed to be nice, as is Craigmhor Lodge. Or there are the larger hotels Fisher's, Atholl Palace and Scotland's which are all the same hotel chain. And there's The Hydro hotel, which along with Scotland's and the Atholl Palace have pools. Pitlochry has no Travel Lodge type accommodation other than a Youth Hostel and Backpackers Hostel. Always try self catering, The Moulin Inn has a couple of cottages.

Worth looking at these to help choose. Hope it helps.

https://www.visitscotland.com/destin...accommodation/

https://www.pitlochry.org/where-to-stay/

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels...nd-Hotels.html
    Appreciated. not really got a budget but been looking at around 100 odd quid for the 3 of us for a night including breakfast. Its a Sunday so driving up the 2nd of Nov and staying over. All I require/would like is a place with nice fry up in the morning and a nice wee bar where I can chill with a few beers before the forest

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    Appreciated. not really got a budget but been looking at around 100 odd quid for the 3 of us for a night including breakfast. Its a Sunday so driving up the 2nd of Nov and staying over. All I require/would like is a place with nice fry up in the morning and a nice wee bar where I can chill with a few beers before the forest
    Everywhere will be busy due to the EF event, the buses pick up outside Fishers and across the road from the old Mill. Atholl Palace and the Moulin are further away, 20-30 minutes walk away. I like the old mill for the range of ales on offer but avoid it during October.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    A few weeks back I'm sitting outside M&S at Craigleith waiting to pick up the missus, a big BMW pulls into a parent and child space, out pops the 2 parents and a girl aged around 14 dressed in Mary Erskine uniform, bloody cheek and lazy gets.
    Worse for me is the collection spaces - folk park in them then go and do the monthly shop.

And the number of disabled spaces - seems disproportionate to the number of disabled people (and the majority lie empty). Is there a ratio of disabled spaces per car park?

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Worse for me is the collection spaces - folk park in them then go and do the monthly shop.

And the number of disabled spaces - seems disproportionate to the number of disabled people (and the majority lie empty). Is there a ratio of disabled spaces per car park?
    I’m sure there is, but I don’t know what it is. I guess that if it is a big car park like a Tesco Extra or a big Asda then there will be loads, because the car park itself is huge. So, no difference in relative terms but what appears a large number in absolute terms.

I also imagine there is nothing to stop a car park provider going over the ratio, should they choose.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post

Should be parent and toddler spaces, not parent and child spaces.

To solve it, they should put them further away from the shop. That way people who actually need them for the extra space to get small children out still get the space and lazy aholes, don't use them.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post

To solve it, they should put them further away from the shop. That way people who actually need them for the extra space to get small children out still get the space and lazy aholes, don't use them.

I think as well as offering extra space to manoeuvre, they are located close to the shop so that people with babies and toddlers don't have to walk all the way across the car park where some people, probably those who park in spaces they shouldn't, drive like total dicks.

I suppose a solution could be to locate P&C spaces well away from the store but put a pedestrian only walkway in place to provide safe passage.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I think as well as offering extra space to manoeuvre, they are located close to the shop so that people with babies and toddlers don't have to walk all the way across the car park where some people, probably those who park in spaces they shouldn't, drive like total dicks.

I suppose a solution could be to locate P&C spaces well away from the store but put a pedestrian only walkway in place to provide safe passage.
    That’s the critical thing.

A good few years ago now for me, but you find yourself pushing a fully loaded trolley, a young child on one hand and a younger child in the basket chair of the trolley. You’ve got to get both children into child seats and then get the shopping into the car and if you are conscientious, move the trolley to the bay, if you feel comfortable leaving them alone for the thirty seconds that will haunt you for ever if anything went wrong! And all the time being wary of a boy racer gunning it down the lane and taking out you and/or your trolley.

Parking with children is a nightmare but anyone who does anything to make it worse deserves flogged, shot, or perhaps flogged and then shot.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Might have mentioned it already but radio adverts with horns irritate me. I'm convinced it's dangerous.

That beep beep advert is beeping infuriating.

I have noticed some places have started to specify along these lines, however it seems to be ignored/abused by the same people anyway.

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Might have mentioned it already but radio adverts with horns irritate me. I'm convinced it's dangerous.

That beep beep advert is beeping infuriating.
    Totally agree, they really should ban the use of car horns in radio adverts!

Oh and sirens...I've no idea how it's even legal to have these on the radio.
    Last edited by Wembley67; 17-10-2019 at 09:04 AM.
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar

A long time ago a family took a last space. Two children about 8 & 11 jumped out as I was pushing my infant past and got humpty when I pointed out they were dicks.... Both children were perfectly mobile. Dad just too lazy to walk....

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk