hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 114 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On the other side of the coin, I find just about every car has headlights on in broad daylight these days.
    Mandatory in some countries and consequently any British Army vehicle. I do it as it causes no issues in the light and don't forget in the dark.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Mandatory in some countries and consequently any British Army vehicle. I do it as it causes no issues in the light and don't forget in the dark.
    In my new car the lights are automatically switched on when the ignition is on. No way I can do otherwise.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlesgaeHibby View Post
    Add in people who don't know how to indicate at roundabouts. People indicating right to go straight on drives my nut in. If there are 4 exits on a roundabout you're either going left, right or straight on and can indicate as such.
    Definitely one of mine as well. Usually women... (Sorry)

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlesgaeHibby View Post
    Add in people who don't know how to indicate at roundabouts. People indicating right to go straight on drives my nut in. If there are 4 exits on a roundabout you're either going left, right or straight on and can indicate as such.
    As I said on the PPIV thread some time ago, people who come to an empty roundabout and stop. It's a YIELD, ffs. Apologies for saying this but I find women are the worst for this. Absolutely does my nut in.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    100 pager!

@hibs.net private member
    People who don't use bus lanes when it is okay to do so and look at you as if you were committing a criminal offence for doing it. It's quite simple, read the signs, they give the times they are in operation or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut Shaz View Post
    People who don't use bus lanes when it is okay to do so and look at you as if you were committing a criminal offence for doing it. It's quite simple, read the signs, they give the times they are in operation or not.
    Scary eh? If these people are oblivious to the large, bright blue signs that appear every couple of hundred yards - what else are they failing to notice at they drive around?

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    Scary eh? If these people are oblivious to the large, bright blue signs that appear every couple of hundred yards - what else are they failing to notice at they drive around?

I always use the bus lanes, they are always empty too! Also folk that don't realise the Western Approach road is a 40 from the Brewery at Westfield all the way to Fountainpark!! The amount of times I've been stuck behind some doing 30mph and occasionally even as low as 20mph is beyond belief. Folk need to pay attention to the many roads speed signs!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I always use the bus lanes, they are always empty too! Also folk that don't realise the Western Approach road is a 40 from the Brewery at Westfield all the way to Fountainpark!! The amount of times I've been stuck behind some doing 30mph and occasionally even as low as 20mph is beyond belief. Folk need to pay attention to the many roads speed signs!
    Judging by the way some folk drive, I'm guessing their eyesight is too bad to be able to read bus lane signs anyway.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Folk who suddenly spot a parking space they have just passed. Without any indication they just slam on the anchors and then you see the reversing lights come on, by this time you could be halfway over the space they want to reverse into with someone close behind and nowhere to go. That doesn't matter to the twat in front who still sits there with reversing lights on waiting for everyone to manoeuvre out of their way!

You should try driving in Spain,it's like The Wacky races sometimes.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    drivers (usually large German cars) who’s ego can’t handle being overtaken by a smaller car (even though they’re going slow), so race past you to demonstrate that their car is superior, usually only for you to re-overtake them a few miles later as they’ve slowed down again.
    Conversely, drivers who, on seeing you have a fast car, suddenly turn into Lewis Hamilton and want to blow you off the road with their raw, 1.4 litres of power, only to splutter and run out of steam half a mile down the road as you smoothly cruise past them, using a fraction of the fuel that they wasted in order to get their ultimately disappointing cheapy.

This is often the behaviour of boy racers in their hot hatches, but I've seen middle aged men in Vauxhall Astras and Ford Foucuses behave similarly.

I changed from BMW to a Mazda CX5 a few years ago and the difference in the way people behave towards those vehicles is remarkable. People would let you out in jams when I was in the CX5, much less so in the Beemer. I bought another BMW in May, a 435D, and it's happening again. People want to race and overtake, and often, even if the obstruction is on their side of the road, they will force their way through, making me wait.

It's not just drivers of German cars that have egos.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Glasgow Road is really bad for this. I use the bus lanes when allowed to do so (it's only 4h 30m out of 24 you can't!) and the amount of dirty looks I get for doing 40mph in the bus lane as they trundle by just below 30 is unreal.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage East View Post
    Glasgow Road is really bad for this. I use the bus lanes when allowed to do so (it's only 4h 30m out of 24 you can't!) and the amount of dirty looks I get for doing 40mph in the bus lane as they trundle by just below 30 is unreal.
    The worst part is if your heading out of the city towards gyle or airport and the bus lane merges at the Marriot. Thats where all the dirty looks and horn toots/********s not letting you in happens.

I wonder if any of those bad drivers we are talking about actually post on here. It would be good to hear their explanations

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    I wonder if any of those bad drivers we are talking about actually post on here. It would be good to hear their explanations
    I'm a perfect driver however my passengers tend to have a different opinion.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    I think those that don't use the bus lanes when they are available outside the rush hours are probably regular commuters and it has become a habit.

A wee while ago I was heading out of Edinburgh on Queensferry Road approaching the Blackhall junction in the bus lane when I was almost wiped out by a Range Rover coming out of Columba Avenue, presumably because he couldn't see a bus approaching he thought it was safe to enter the line of traffic in the outside lane. Twat!
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    I think those that don't use the bus lanes when they are available outside the rush hours are probably regular commuters and it has become a habit.

A wee while ago I was heading out of Edinburgh on Queensferry Road approaching the Blackhall junction in the bus lane when I was almost wiped out by a Range Rover coming out of Columba Avenue, presumably because he couldn't see a bus approaching he thought it was safe to enter the line of traffic in the outside lane. Twat!
    The bottom line is there are so many effin signs in the city that if you tried to read them all while driving you'd be constantly tailendering or being tailended. Bus lanes, 20mph zones, etc. etc. I recall one sign (it may not be there now) at Peffermill that had about 10 lines of text. WTF?
    Edinburgh must be one of the most confusing cities to drive in and their general traffic flow design (or lack of ) is appalling.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    The bottom line is there are so many effin signs in the city that if you tried to read them all while driving you'd be constantly tailendering or being tailended. Bus lanes, 20mph zones, etc. etc. I recall one sign (it may not be there now) at Peffermill that had about 10 lines of text. WTF?
    Edinburgh must be one of the most confusing cities to drive in and their general traffic flow design (or lack of ) is appalling.
    There was, I don't know if it's still there, a stretch of road out near Bonaly where the speed limit went from 30 to 20 to 40 to National in the space of 180 yards. Complete madness which caused a few accidents and even more speeding tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Try parking on Leith Walk. If you have 10 spare minutes to read the signs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Kingsknowe is like that as well. Having said that, it can only be a matter of time till the council cuts the limit to 30 (or ****** 20) there.

Speed bumps. We're already crawling in your latest stupid 20 zone, just **** OFF!

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    People who park anywhere they want!

Just been to take my son to Leith Victoria for his swimming, find the car park full which isn’t unusual so had to park in the street, only for 2 couples to come into the car park from the treatment centre next door and get into their cars.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Speed bumps. We're already crawling in your latest stupid 20 zone, just **** OFF!
    Even worse on cobbles. Lorne street for example. Utterly bonkers.

"Speed bumps slow down the sensible drivers but have no effect on the nutters". - Confucius (550 BC)

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Conversely, drivers who, on seeing you have a fast car, suddenly turn into Lewis Hamilton and want to blow you off the road with their raw, 1.4 litres of power, only to splutter and run out of steam half a mile down the road as you smoothly cruise past them, using a fraction of the fuel that they wasted in order to get their ultimately disappointing cheapy.

This is often the behaviour of boy racers in their hot hatches, but I've seen middle aged men in Vauxhall Astras and Ford Foucuses behave similarly.

I changed from BMW to a Mazda CX5 a few years ago and the difference in the way people behave towards those vehicles is remarkable. People would let you out in jams when I was in the CX5, much less so in the Beemer. I bought another BMW in May, a 435D, and it's happening again. People want to race and overtake, and often, even if the obstruction is on their side of the road, they will force their way through, making me wait.

It's not just drivers of German cars that have egos.

I agree mate. I was only referring to those drivers I described, not all drivers of large German cars

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    I agree mate. I was only referring to those drivers I described, not all drivers of large German cars
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Yes exactly. And the speed bumps on these cobbled roads in the main have all the paint markings worn away. Resulting in you driving at them at a reasonable speed and finding yourself airborne and in need of a mechanic.

United we stand here....

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GlasMatt PSN ID: mrxblaikiex
    Parking at the far end of a car park to have plenty of space and returning with some eejit parked door to door with you!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blaikie View Post
    Parking at the far end of a car park to have plenty of space and returning with some eejit parked door to door with you!
    I remember once, sitting in an empty bus when an older woman came on and sat next to me ignoring all the other empty seats. I assumed she wanted a wee blether but she didn’t acknowledge me at all. Weird.