hibs.net Messageboard

Page 18 of 115 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All for giving them space but not to the degree where an oncoming car is on your side of the road heading straight for you just because he can't judge his width.
    Obviously need to judge what is coming the other way but I always give cyclists an excessive amount of space. Seen too many of them weaving about (sometimes to avoid potholes, sometimes for the fun of it) and/or wearing headphones.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Cars turning left or right at a junction who block the road for those travelling straight on although there's still 5m room for them to move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Cars turning left or right at a junction who block the road for those travelling straight on although there's still 5m room for them to move forward.
    It often looks like a deliberate action to hold up other traffic. The amount i see sitting just far enough over to block everybody else can't just be bad judgement.

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    People turning right at the top of the hill coming up from Colinton village is a nightmare blocking traffic behind. The parked cars outside the Colinton Inn and the chemists don’t help either, what a bottle neck that is. Especially during the rush hour, this more than any other junction I can think of should be a no right turn.

Demisting the inside of the windscreen on winter mornings. It's groundhog day again.

I just ordered a dehumidifier. We'll see if that makes any difference.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Demisting the inside of the windscreen on winter mornings. It's groundhog day again.

Have tried the small Pingi £6-job without making any noticeable difference, and not convinced that the bigger versions will be effective either. Short of taking car into house at night, or manufacturers coming up with trace-heated windscreens, issue may not be solvable ...

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Have tried the small Pingi £6-job without making any noticeable difference, and not convinced that the bigger versions will be effective either. Short of taking car into house at night, or manufacturers coming up with trace-heated windscreens, issue may not be solvable ...
    Urmm I have a heated windscreen that works perfectly well already...so well in fact you hardly need the blowers on at all.

Oh and this time around also a heated steering wheel which is the opposite of a pet peeve as maybe one of the best gadgets in a car that I have experienced!

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post

Waste of time. Unless your car is 100% airtight the moisture absorbed into the dehumidifier will just be replaced by moisture from outside.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Urmm I have a heated windscreen that works perfectly well already...so well in fact you hardly need the blowers on at all.
    Meant something battery-powered that could be on all night so there wouldn't be any condensation or need for blower at all.
    Heated steering wheels and seats are braw

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    All those green lothian country buses that park outside the garage in Musselburgh, sometimes the 4 or 5 of them parked up forcing you to go on the wrong side of the road for several hundred yards near a busy traffic light controlled junction.
    Last edited by Hermit Crab; 10-12-2018 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    All those green lothian country buses that park outside the garage in Musselburgh, sometimes the 4 or 5 of them parked up forcing you to go on the wrong side of the road for several hundred yards near a busy traffic light controlled junction.
    That and their use of the westernmost lane on Semple St as some kind of terminus. Clueless and selfish.

@hibs.net private member
    Another shout to folk turning left on the red light leaving us trying to turn right stranded in the middle of the road.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    When you see the lane you are in is obstructed ahead so you move to the outside lane early as does nearly everyone else, apart from the ersehole who thinks it’s an opportunity to hammer it up the inside,right to the obstruction before indicating and attempting to force their way in.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    When you see the lane you are in is obstructed ahead so you move to the outside lane early as does nearly everyone else, apart from the ersehole who thinks it’s an opportunity to hammer it up the inside,right to the obstruction before indicating and attempting to force their way in.
    Agree but the clowns who actually let them in annoy me as much if not more

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfiembra View Post
    People turning right at the top of the hill coming up from Colinton village is a nightmare blocking traffic behind. The parked cars outside the Colinton Inn and the chemists don’t help either, what a bottle neck that is. Especially during the rush hour, this more than any other junction I can think of should be a no right turn.
    Couldn't agree more. I come through the village about 5.15 most nights and it's a nightmare from the bridge at Spylaw Street to the lights. 😡

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    The ersehole is in the right (unless I’ve misunderstood what you are getting at). It’s another example of zip merging.

One of my pet peeves are people who think they have a right to park in a certain space on a public road. I had one of my parents’ neighbours demand that I move my car as that was “their space”. Not on a public road, but in my housing development we have residents parking but no reserved space. One household regularly puts a traffic cone in the space outside their back garden to reserve it for themselves. Not to mention their next door neighbour who fills our car park with convoys of little Fiats from his various pizza businesses.
    Last edited by overdrive; 11-12-2018 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    The ersehole is in the right (unless I’ve misunderstood what you are getting at). It’s another example of zip merging.

One of my pet peeves are people who think they have a right to park in a certain space on a public road. I had one of my parents’ neighbours demand that I move my car as that was “their space”. Not on a public road, but in my housing development we have residents parking but no reserved space. One household regularly puts a traffic cone in the space outside their back garden to reserve it for themselves. Not to mention their next door neighbour who fills our car park with convoys of little Fiats from his various pizza businesses.

I'm not talking about closed lanes etc that are clearly signed and merging is acceptable. For example on St Johns Road last night a van has stopped and parked in the inside lane, it's pretty easy to see so I pull into the outside lane in plenty of time as does several cars behind me realising the lane is blocked.
    The ersehole then thinks he can get ahead of these half a dozen cars by putting his foot down and using the inside lane we have vacated to undertake us all, slam on the anchors at the parked van, indicate and get ahead by forcing his way in (or attempting to) we were having none of it and never gave him an inch.

Wet bread on the roof does the trick... Seagulls love it but can't pick it up😉👍

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar

Those wee pizza cars, if they're branded are they even allowed to be there? Many developments in recent years have spefically banned them in the property deeds. (recent = last 18 years or so)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    Those wee pizza cars, if they're branded are they even allowed to be there? Many developments in recent years have spefically banned them in the property deeds. (recent = last 18 years or so)

I think some deeds for residential parking stipulates no commercial vehicles but this is aimed at LGV's and above. Not liveried cars.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    I think some deeds for residential parking stipulates no commercial vehicles but this is aimed at LGV's and above. Not liveried cars.
    My bit specifically says 'liveried vehicles'... Mind you also depends on the factor and how hard they want to enforce it, one car/wee van they might let slide but more than that could be an issue... My factor was Ross and Liddell... Not sure of the detail but I remember the council were involved and they put pressure on the company and its operating licences. Worth at least asking?

My bit specifically says 'liveried vehicles'... Mind you also depends on the factor and how hard they want to enforce it, one car/wee van they might let slide but more than that could be an issue... My factor was Ross and Liddell... Not sure of the detail but I remember the council were involved and they put pressure on the company and its operating licences. Worth at least asking?

You don’t need an operators licence for cars, only for vehicles over 3.5 tonnes so no pressure could be applied by council in that respect.

You don’t need an operators licence for cars, only for vehicles over 3.5 tonnes so no pressure could be applied by council in that respect.
    Ah fair do's... It was cars where we lived but not sure of what specifically went on, just that it stopped with, now a days, the occasional car parked when the guy had been working late.... Maybe they simply realised they were being a problem once it had been pointed out to them?

Ah fair do's... It was cars where we lived but not sure of what specifically went on, just that it stopped with, now a days, the occasional car parked when the guy had been working late.... Maybe they simply realised they were being a problem once it had been pointed out to them?

Yeah you would hope that most business’s would respond positively to complaints about their vehicles.

They aren’t allowed in our development either but the guy either accepts the fines or (more likely) just ignores them. I don’t think the guy is the most reputable of blokes in the first place.

@hibs.net private member
    They aren’t allowed in our development either but the guy either accepts the fines or (more likely) just ignores them. I don’t think the guy is the most reputable of blokes in the first place.

I don't know if it's the same family but a few years ago one of the small cars was plastered with default notices.

There were so many of them the car was unfit to drive!

Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    I don't know if it's the same family but a few years ago one of the small cars was plastered with default notices.

There were so many of them the car was unfit to drive!
    Sounds familiar. I know people are probably thinking of a particular family. It’s not them but he was involved with them before he screwed them over. He seems to cycle through business after business with Fiat 500s being the common theme in each one. Now seems to be involved with another well known chain.

Sounds familiar. I know people are probably thinking of a particular family. It’s not them but he was involved with them before he screwed them over. He seems to cycle through business after business with Fiat 500s being the common theme in each one. Now seems to be involved with another well known chain.
    Hmm are we talking about KS?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Can I bring up Telford Road again?

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Can I bring up Telford Road again?
    The lane markings are crazy, they change from right turn to straight ahead within a matter of metres