hibs.net Messageboard

Page 59 of 115 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 3430
    @hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is irritating, but I'll go one further and say that people that park on the wrong side of the road are absolutely stupid, and dangerous.
    That’s illegal in some countries. My former father-in-law got a fine in Canada for doing just that.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    That’s illegal in some countries. My former father-in-law got a fine in Canada for doing just that.
    I think it's ilegal in France, but I've never heard of anyone being done for it.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    It's illegal to do so in the UK at night.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Illegal in Australia as well

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    You're so German.

Reported!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Reported!
    Too late, as a self respecting newly affiliated member of the Bosch fraternity I've reported myself.

I passed my test end of 2019. The driving test now has 3 possible parking / reversing manoeuvres .

Bay park (Forward park or Reverse park), parallel park (reversing) and incredibly pulling up on the other side of the road and reversing then rejoining traffic.

Part 3 here:

Driving test changes: 4 December 2017 - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nellio View Post
    I passed my test end of 2019. The driving test now has 3 possible parking / reversing manoeuvres .

Bay park (Forward park or Reverse park), parallel park (reversing) and incredibly pulling up on the other side of the road and reversing then rejoining traffic.

Part 3 here:

Driving test changes: 4 December 2017 - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
    I passed in 2012 and it was reverse bay parking only, I was 95% sure I’d passed and I was asked to reverse into the bay at the end of my test as my manoeuvre, it must have taken me about 10 minutes to do it, cause after failing several times, I wasn’t going to muck it up at the last minute. I was in the space, out the space, doors open to check the lines the lot lol.

See people who don't indicate, why? I don't get it. I was behind a car today for a good few miles, 3 roundabouts, a couple of turns onto different roads and a right turn at a junction and they didn't indicate once. It must be a wilful decision for it to happen that many times rather than just a one off error. Is it laziness? A feeling that other actions are making your intentions obvious or has it become cool not to indicate?
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    See people who don't indicate, why? I don't get it. I was behind a car today for a good few miles, 3 roundabouts, a couple of turns onto different roads and a right turn at a junction and they didn't indicate once. It must be a wilful decision for it to happen that many times rather than just a one off error. Is it laziness? A feeling that other actions are making your intentions obvious or has it become cool not to indicate?
    Think you were behind your Dad. 😁

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Traffic with no identifiable cause.

Trying to get out of Criagleith car park yesterday afternoon took just shy of an hour. Admittedly I started at homebase at the other side of the park.

I opted to just get into the queue and slowly work my way round as the traffic dictated but there were so many cars three-point turning and going up the lanes towards a different queue of traffic and having to edge back in. There were also a number who decided just to fly down the wrong side of the road as far as possible before cutting up to the other traffic to skip the queue which at one point ended with them being stuck face to face with oncoming traffic and unable to move anywhere causing more queues going the opposite way.

Eventually got to the lights just up from the Sainsbury's exit and traffic just vanished. I don't remember ever having so much traffic trouble at previous visits there so not sure it was just due to the lights causing problems.

And the negatives of karma when you let someone into the queue ahead of you and they decide to also be nice and let someone in front of them which just holds me up more.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Just Craigleith. Seems to take ages to get out no matter what the time of day.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I hate those people.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent!
    Signalling is a real hit and miss affair in Thailand. Its so erratic you learn not to trust it at all. People turning/switching lanes without signalling is common. As is signalling but not turning. Even people who drive for a living can travel miles without turning off their indicator.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Annoying features on cars. For example, lane assist where it corrects your positioning if you go across a lane without indicating. I think this one is border line dangerous. On my old car, new car that I got at the weekend and my girlfriend’s car it regularly misinterprets lane markings and you can feel the car being pushed in a direction that you don’t want. Annoyingly, it is always enabled on ignition so you have to remember to turn it off. If you are prone to falling asleep at the wheel, you shouldn’t be driving!

My new car seems to want to critique my driving - a message popped up yesterday implying that I was too slow in comparison to the car in front from a red light changing to green.

@hibs.net private member
    Has anyone based in England noticed that in that awful Highways England ad for smart motorways that the guy who breaks down is in lane 3 when he should be in lane 2.

I hate people who do that.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Annoying features on cars. For example, lane assist where it corrects your positioning if you go across a lane without indicating. I think this one is border line dangerous. On my old car, new car that I got at the weekend and my girlfriend’s car it regularly misinterprets lane markings and you can feel the car being pushed in a direction that you don’t want. Annoyingly, it is always enabled on ignition so you have to remember to turn it off. If you are prone to falling asleep at the wheel, you shouldn’t be driving!

My new car seems to want to critique my driving - a message popped up yesterday implying that I was too slow in comparison to the car in front from a red light changing to green.
    My partner has an all singing, all dancing Corolla. The thing won’t shut up with beeps and pings and bloops. I drive old bangers which are much more relaxing as a result.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar

Our office now has a Kia PHEV. When I took it to Oban I had no idea it had driver assistance and wondered why it was attempting to stop me steering round a very tricky curve. The parking sensors however were god send when someone blocked me in a parking space in an Inverness hotel car park. I destest lane assist.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

Tell me about it. Mine went into limp mode yesterday meaning I could only drive at 10mph, it kept saying the engine was overheating, but it wasn’t. The only thing wrong with it was the sensor was faulty. Basically the car is working fine, but the thing that’s meant to tell me there’s a fault was faulty. There’s a lot to said for buying older cars.

United we stand here....

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Tell me about it. Mine went into limp mode yesterday...
    Are we still talking about cars?

Could it be a text from the impatient driver behind you?

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Are we still talking about cars?

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by AltheHibby View Post
    Has anyone based in England noticed that in that awful Highways England ad for smart motorways that the guy who breaks down is in lane 3 when he should be in lane 2.

I hate people who do that.
    is that the "think left" or some pish?

smart motorways are vile.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post
    is that the "think left" or some pish?

smart motorways are vile.

That's the one

There is a problem around here in that people now think the hard shoulder is a running lane at all times and zip along it undertaking people in lane 1.

Quote Originally Posted by AltheHibby View Post
    That's the one

There is a problem around here in that people now think the hard shoulder is a running lane at all times and zip along it undertaking people in lane 1.
    the M60 around Manchester is awful.

People who think rules don't apply to them.

Outside the nursery my daughter goes to (conncected to a school) there are double yellow lines. They are a fairly recent addition as it was like wacky races before. Every single day there are people who ignore them and park directly outside the school; it's a narrowish road so that impacts cars travelling in either direction and quickly leads to congestion. There is ample space for parking a couple of minutes walk away but the lazy, entitled *******s continue with their selfish actions. No doubt the same types who park in the the pick up point or blue badge spaces at supermarkets.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

People who think rules don't apply to them.

Outside the nursery my daughter goes to (conncected to a school) there are double yellow lines. They are a fairly recent addition as it was like wacky races before. Every single day there are people who ignore them and park directly outside the school; it's a narrowish road so that impacts cars travelling in either direction and quickly leads to congestion. There is ample space for parking a couple of minutes walk away but the lazy, entitled *******s continue with their selfish actions. No doubt the same types who park in the the pick up point or blue badge spaces at supermarkets.
    And the first to scream when they get a ticket.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    And the first to scream when they get a ticket.
    The lifeblood of Angry People In Local Newspapers.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Driving home regularly late at night as I do now I have realised that to some idiots quieter roads means they think they can drive like lunatics and ignore spied limits etc. Last night some absolute ersehole overtook me just past the Zoo heading West by going into the wrong side of the road and going head to head with a bus heading East, ****** unbelievable and not the first example of lunatic driving I have witnessed recently.

I've noticed that recently, stopping at red lights has become optional.