hibs.net Messageboard

Page 102 of 115 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,060 of 3424
    Going to add this one again, drivers who sit in the right hand lane at traffic lights abd only indicate right as the lights change, meaning you're now stuck behind them, ******s.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Going to add this one again, drivers who sit in the right hand lane at traffic lights abd only indicate right as the lights change, meaning you're now stuck behind them, ******s.
    This seems to be a thing lately, people only indicating as they actually turn. So annoying!

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    Only for 7-10 days to facilitate utility works, after that there's about a month or so of contra-flow at the same location (from Drum Brae RAB to the Tesco junction).
    Meadow Place Rd is open northbound throughout.
    It was absolute chaos in the area yesterday.

Blog Entries
    So called expert, experienced drivers of wide heavy good vehicles on narrow roads bends. They often clearly need to cross the middle lines. Fair enough, but I get infuriated at the ones who fly round without any thought or consideration for oncoming traffic who have to slam the brakes on to avoid a nasty one.

Blog Entries
    Drivers who ignore an invitation to join the motorway when you politely leave a space for them, in favour of going to the end of the slip road to get a ‘better’ space. When they don’t get one and have to stop, I don’t give them a second chance and I take pleasure in smiling at them when I pass.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Drivers who ignore an invitation to join the motorway when you politely leave a space for them, in favour of going to the end of the slip road to get a ‘better’ space. When they don’t get one and have to stop, I don’t give them a second chance and I take pleasure in smiling at them when I pass.
    If everyone waited until they reached the end of a slip road before merging in heavy traffic, then traffic would flow better.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    When you park at the supermarket how come there’s always a large van or other large vehicle that’s subsequently parked next to you when you return to your vehicle, making it harder to see when coming out of space?

Testimonial Due
    Blog Entries
    When your kind enough to give someone a lift and they slam your car door as they leave!!! Make me mutter and swear and mark them down and as a 'never again'!!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    When people pull out from a side road in front of you causing you to brake and think a wave in the rear view mirror or a flash of the hazard lights makes it okay. 😡
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 20-03-2023 at 11:09 AM.

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    When people pull out from a side road in front of you causing you to brake and think a wave in the rear view mirror or a flash of the hazard lights makes it okay. 😡
    What do you want them to do (apart from don't do it ), everyone makes mistakes and misjudges the flow from time to time. Although as I type I know what you mean
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wembley67 View Post
    What do you want them to do (apart from don't do it ), everyone makes mistakes and misjudges the flow from time to time. Although as I type I know what you mean
    Yeah it’s the folk that can’t be arsed waiting so just pull out rather than misjudging the flow.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    If everyone waited until they reached the end of a slip road before merging in heavy traffic, then traffic would flow better.

The real crime is people who panic and try to join the motorway right at the start of the slip road causing tailback begind them. Theres a good few hundred yards of road to drive on after that.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Inveralmond roundabout again!! Peugeot 208 in outside lane trying to squeeze into middle lane at the last minute to exit roundabout! I've got a lovely black mark right along my rear offside door from the erseholes wing mirror!!!
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

When there's a queue at a junction in the lane to turn right and some dickhead drives to the front of the straight ahead lane then indicates and waits to turn right ensuring that all traffic comes to a halt until someone is sap enough to let them in.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Yep, that is annoying, I agree.

Why does everyone still drive on the outside lane during the hours when the bus lanes are not in operation, when they should actually be driving in the bus lane, which is the inside lane?

Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post

The real crime is people who panic and try to join the motorway right at the start of the slip road causing tailback begind them. Theres a good few hundred yards of road to drive on after that.
    Yep, you have common sense.

I think the problem is that motorway driving is not part of the driving test, so people are quite simply not trained for motorway driving. Perhaps it should be part of the test.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Edina Street View Post
    Why does everyone still drive on the outside lane during the hours when the bus lanes are not in operation, when they should actually be driving in the bus lane, which is the inside lane?
    Are some bus lanes active all of the time? Maybe they just don't want to get caught out by using one that ends up being still in use.

Some bus lanes end up with a car parked down the road too (I'd never use the dalkeith road one for instance, that seems a common sight), so it's easier to just stay on the outside lane rather than go in and then try to get back out again.

Herd mentality too when everyone else is doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    Are some bus lanes active all of the time? Maybe they just don't want to get caught out by using one that ends up being still in use.

Some bus lanes end up with a car parked down the road too (I'd never use the dalkeith road one for instance, that seems a common sight), so it's easier to just stay on the outside lane rather than go in and then try to get back out again.

Herd mentality too when everyone else is doing it.
    There are always blue signs that state the hours that the bus lanes are in operation. Though I do admit that it is not always practical, nor even safe, to be going around reading the wording on signs whilst driving.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    There are always blue signs that state the hours that the bus lanes are in operation. Though I do admit that it is not always practical, nor even safe, to be going around reading the wording on signs whilst driving.
    I personally haven't fell foul of misreading the bus lane signs, but some folk do and I think that's one of the reasons Edinburgh Council wants to move to a 7/7/7 policy. Bus lanes from 7am until 7pm, 7 days a week. In my opinion, that's overkill but (generally) rules/laws are put in place to cater for the hard of understanding in our society 🤔

@hibs.net private member

Because the bus produced potholes are diabolical in the inside lane ?

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    As opposed to the ones created on the outside lane by laden lorries?

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Commercial Street in Leith towards the Ocean Terminal junction is really bad for this. Cars, vans, lorries try to cut in at the end of the bus lane and give you abuse for
    following the clear signs and using the bus lane.

And it'll get worse when the LTN (Low Traffic Neighbourhood) plans are implemented

Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    Don't talk about potholes , here in Donegal we have some of the finest potholes in Europe 😂😂😂.
    https://www.donegaldaily.com/2023/03/26/ballybofey-prankster-gets-their-teeth-into-potholed-road/
    Last edited by Donegal Hibby; 26-03-2023 at 06:30 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Idiots who block car parks because they're waiting on a space. Especially the one today who blocked the entrance despite not being able to see if there were spaces. She only moved after I put o my best authoritarian voice and told her that only the police can block roads: SO MOVE. From her look I think she thought I was police.🤣

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Drivers who don’t indicate coming off roundabouts. There’s a couple of small-ish roundabouts near me that most cars come off at the same point. However you can’t assume that’s where they will come off so have to wait on them actually turning before you can join the roundabout.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    People that break down but don't bother to put their hazards on. Especially when, ironically enough, it is a recovery vehicle that has broken down.

Drivers who have no idea how to use the yellow box at a junction. They just drive right into the box even though it’s clear that the exit route is full. Anyone waiting to turn right at the junction is snookered.

Drivers who moan about other people's driving then moan when they receive a fixed penalty for driving infringements.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyDave View Post
    Drivers who have no idea how to use the yellow box at a junction. They just drive right into the box even though it’s clear that the exit route is full. Anyone waiting to turn right at the junction is snookered.
    Also the same people who block a junction so you the can't get out to go right, or can't turn right into that street.