hibs.net Messageboard

Page 31 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    An old favourite but middle lane drivers. I was on the M74 at the weekend and the number of people just sitting in the middle lane for no apparent reason is baffling. Are you overtaking? Is there anything within the next half mile or so you have to overtake? If the answer is no then move the **** over.

Also dickheads who park on the zig zag lines outside schools or speed near to schools.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    cyclist doing "leJog" and their support vans not using official Sustrans cycle routes and clogging up the A9 instead.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    An old favourite but middle lane drivers. I was on the M74 at the weekend and the number of people just sitting in the middle lane for no apparent reason is baffling. Are you overtaking? Is there anything within the next half mile or so you have to overtake? If the answer is no then move the **** over.

Also dickheads who park on the zig zag lines outside schools or speed near to schools.
    Add the drivers (90%) of them that still drive in the right hand lane when the greenways isn't operational, use the bloody lanes.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Add the drivers (90%) of them that still drive in the right hand lane when the greenways isn't operational, use the bloody lanes.
    It’s mental after all these years of the greenways being here that people still don’t use them properly. Last night on Slateford Road I was driving along in the greenway and the car in front of me turned into the petrol station from the right hand lane, cutting right across the front of me.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    It’s mental after all these years of the greenways being here that people still don’t use them properly. Last night on Slateford Road I was driving along in the greenway and the car in front of me turned into the petrol station from the right hand lane, cutting right across the front of me.

Was that a taxi as well?
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Is the answer regarding middle lane hoggers not simply to move to the outside lane and overtake them? Or even better just stay in the outside lane and zoom past the lot of them as a matter of course

With you on the ******* that park on the zig zag lines, totally selfish and happily putting others at risk at the same time.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Is the answer regarding middle lane hoggers not simply to move to the outside lane and overtake them? Or even better just stay in the outside lane and zoom past the lot of them as a matter of course

With you on the ******* that park on the zig zag lines, totally selfish and happily putting others at risk at the same time.
    You should always drive in the left hand lane when the road ahead is clear on a motorway, so the real answer is for people to drive properly and not hog the middle lane.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Was that a taxi as well?
    Certainly not

United we stand here....

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Boatman View Post
    You should always drive in the left hand lane when the road ahead is clear on a motorway, so the real answer is for people to drive properly and not hog the middle lane.
    Correct answer.

On a similar note, almost witnessed an almighty smash coming up the the Dunfermline turn off on the motorway the other night because a Vectra driver decided he'd sit in the overtaking lane at 60mph.

Eventually a white pick up lost patience and moved to undertake him, but didn't check their blind spot so it was only good driving on the part of the Mini driver that the pick up was about to side-swipe that stopped a high speed crash.

The pick up driver would have been at fault, but the root cause was the prick that sat in the overtaking lane oblivious to the problems they were causing behind them.

The rule is simple, stay to the left unless you're overtaking. Whether that's in a one, two, or three lane motorway it's basics.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I drive 10 miles to work every day on a nice to drive A road. It's not unusual to see some pretty dodgy overtaking, but 90% of the time it's provoked by people driving too slowly (45-50 instead of 60mph).

The worst are those that slow down to take bends (there's absolutely no need) then welly it when they have a bit of open road ahead of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I drive 10 miles to work every day on a nice to drive A road. It's not unusual to see some pretty dodgy overtaking, but 90% of the time it's provoked by people driving too slowly (45-50 instead of 60mph).

The worst are those that slow down to take bends (there's absolutely no need) then welly it when they have a bit of open road ahead of them.
    The one that gets on my nerves is folk who just drive at the same speed on roads where the speed limit varies.

I drive home some nights on a road that has a long stretch at 60, drops to 40 then passes through a residential area at 30 before it rises to 60 again. I've lost count of how many times I get stuck behind someone who just sits at 45mph through every single section.

The speed limit changes for a reason you imbecile.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Correct answer.

On a similar note, almost witnessed an almighty smash coming up the the Dunfermline turn off on the motorway the other night because a Vectra driver decided he'd sit in the overtaking lane at 60mph.

Eventually a white pick up lost patience and moved to undertake him, but didn't check their blind spot so it was only good driving on the part of the Mini driver that the pick up was about to side-swipe that stopped a high speed crash.

The pick up driver would have been at fault, but the root cause was the prick that sat in the overtaking lane oblivious to the problems they were causing behind them.

The rule is simple, stay to the left unless you're overtaking. Whether that's in a one, two, or three lane motorway it's basics.

totally agree

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Correct answer.

You may be doing them a disservice in saying they are oblivious. Some of these people do it to keep speed limits to where they think they should be. Knobs!

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post

I drive a wee van regularly.

The national speed limit is different for them, which is rather annoying.

50 for single carriageways
    60 dual carriageways.

Please be patient!
    Space to let

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    When you're waiting to turn right but there's a cyclist in the oncoming traffic who has decided to stop peddling and enjoy the view.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post

60 dual carriageways.

Please be patient!
    That only applies to larger vans.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post

60 dual carriageways.

Please be patient!
    I'm not speaking about vehicules with speed restricitions. I regularly fall on HGVs, school buses and tractors galore depending on the season. There are people doing their jobs and, even though it doesn't always suit me, they're entitled to be on the road too.

I'm speaking about people, often in pretty decent cars, who drive badly.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    I wish there would be more bus lane patrols or cameras. Too many folk get away with using them everyday within the hours of operation and then try to push into your line at the last second.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    Nope, I drive a small van (Transit Connect), I'm limited to 70 on motorways, 60 on national speed limit dual carriageways(where cars are 70) and 50 on single carriageway NSL (cars 60).

Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    Would you like to pay my fine? lol
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Correct answer.

"Almost witnessed"

What does that really mean?

Had my eyes closed?
    Was a tad away from being an annoying religious fanatic?
    Dyslexic nearly ****faced?

I admit I've had a few glasses of my favourite vino tinto tonight, and a couple of vino blanco now that the missus has retired to her crypt, but I'm confused here.

Are you a Vectra driver, the pickup driver with the lack of patience, or Mini Driver?

I'm guessing not ' the prick in the Vectra', so that leaves the redneck truck driver (unlikely as your spelling is pretty decent) or you are Mini Driver.

No offence, but spell your name correctly in future, and don't bother with words and stuff.

Just pictures.

Probably most are blocked here, so fair do's.

Links then.

@hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    "Almost witnessed"

Had my eyes closed?

I admit I've had a few glasses of my favourite vino tinto tonight, and a couple of vino blanco now that the missus has retired to her crypt, but I'm confused here.

Are you a Vectra driver, the pickup driver with the lack of patience, or Mini Driver?

I'm guessing not ' the prick in the Vectra', so that leaves the redneck truck driver (unlikely as your spelling is pretty decent) or you are Mini Driver.

No offence, but spell your name correctly in future, and don't bother with words and stuff.

Just pictures.

Links then.
    "A few glasses..."

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    Nope, I drive a small van (Transit Connect), I'm limited to 70 on motorways, 60 on national speed limit dual carriageways(where cars are 70) and 50 on single carriageway NSL (cars 60).

So it is! Small car based vans are allowed, I've got a Custom maybe better slow down a bit!

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I wish there would be more bus lane patrols or cameras. Too many folk get away with using them everyday within the hours of operation and then try to push into your line at the last second.
    They've just added another 3-4 in Edinburgh, Commercial St, Liberton Rd, Calder Rd and Glasgow Rd. Also all speed cameras that are now in 20 zones have been covered up and police speed guns will take over so be warned in those areas.
    Last edited by J-C; 21-06-2019 at 01:40 PM.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    When drivers queuing waiting to turn right take the piss and keep on coming long after their lights have turned red. Your lights turn to green and you move off only to have another straggler drive right across in front of you.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

"Almost witnessed"

Had my eyes closed?

Just pictures.

Links then.

I was driving the car behind the Mini, so saw the whole thing unfold.

I car share with a mate from work, and we called out the bad driving from the Vectra driver a good minute before the white pick up lost patience with them.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar

Just pictures.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Lorries overtaking other lorries on Motorways and holding up everyone else.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Ahh yes because their limiter allows them to go 1-2mph faster so they take an age to get past..

While I appreciate the dude who can go 2% quicker wants to do so I’m always curious why the truck being overtaken just doesn’t lift slightly to let the dude get past and back in...do they all sit there and seethe that they are being overtaken so force the other one to crawl past for as long as possible?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Absolute pricks.