Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Kirkliston cross roads.
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wembley67 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kirkliston cross roads.
    Not been there myself recently, but that particular junction must be at least a little quieter at peak times with the introduction of the new slip on the M9?

@hibs.net private member
    Drivers who don't indicate at roundabouts when they can see there are cars waiting. Like the twat in Longniddry this afternoon.

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    Not been there myself recently, but that particular junction must be at least a little quieter at peak times with the introduction of the new slip on the M9?
    It's really not! I don't think many folk even know about the new slip yet...time will tell I hope 😌

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post

What new slip road ?

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    What new slip road ?
    Going into Winchburgh if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    What new slip road ?
    A new on/off ramp, both sides, on the M9 just west of the M90 spur.
    Was an agreement between West Lothian council and the multiple house builders developing Winchburgh.
    A lot of the traffic at the Kirkliston Toll in the evenings was traffic heading north to South Queensferry or West to Winchburgh.
    The hope was, the new junction would alleviate the pressures in Kirky itself.

@hibs.net private member
    Cheers, I see it now. It was always a faff for east bound M9 traffic to get to the Bridge in the past.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Driving down the Drumbrae this morning, bus on my inside so nowhere to go as the erseholes coming up the hill pull out into my lane to get past a parked truck blocking their lane, nearly a head on collision. Do these erses not realise that they have to give way to me and can’t just head into oncoming traffic to avoid their obstruction!!!!! 😡

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Everything related to the new Corstorphine Low Traffic Neighbourhood trial.

One of the daftest things I've ever encountered.

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Driving down the Drumbrae this morning, bus on my inside so nowhere to go as the erseholes coming up the hill pull out into my lane to get past a parked truck blocking their lane, nearly a head on collision. Do these erses not realise that they have to give way to me and can’t just head into oncoming traffic to avoid their obstruction!!!!! ��
    But but I’m more important than you and I’m entitled to make you wait for me as I pay to use my road and my car is much nicer than yours and more expensive.
    Last edited by Alfiembra; 07-06-2023 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfiembra View Post
    But but I’m more important than you and I’m entitled to make you wait for me as I pay to use my road and my car is much nicer than yours and more expensive.

my Dad calls it the Moses effect, they expect other road users to part the ways and let them through as they’re so important

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Driving down the Drumbrae this morning, bus on my inside so nowhere to go as the erseholes coming up the hill pull out into my lane to get past a parked truck blocking their lane, nearly a head on collision. Do these erses not realise that they have to give way to me and can’t just head into oncoming traffic to avoid their obstruction!!!!! 😡
    Welcome to my world every day in the taxi.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Can I just say as a bus driver's son that I'm reading that as you being the one who pulls out in front of others?

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Yeah taxi drivers are the worst 😉

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Not using mirrors! 2 hours ago, overtaking on the A1 when the car I'm about to pass pulls out. Not sure they saw me as completed their manouvre instead of staying in their lane. Fortunately nothing up my backside to stop me braking. My dog in the back very unhappy though.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

People in normal size cars who drive down a road with cars either side as if they need the space of an Arctic, get the **** over, you have at least 8ft of space on your nearside.

Blog Entries
    Inconsiderate parking. Plenty room for two cars but some plonkers park in the middle of the space.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Inconsiderate parking. Plenty room for two cars but some plonkers park in the middle of the space.
    I've just watched one of them struggle to get out of a space to let the passenger in as the car next to it left no space to open the passenger door.

Of course, if they hadn't parked at a stupid angle with their front left wheel in the disabled bay I am now parked in I could have left them space! To make it even better, its an Audi.😁

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Traffic chaos due to the Highland show. Carnage both ways at Newbridge not helped by the light not working on the round about. Folk just blocking the roundabout.
    Traffic backed up onto M8.
    Carnage coming in from Fife too seemingly.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

It's been that way for at least a decade There must be some way they can improve it?

People that faff about in petrol stations, especially when they are busy.

Get your fuel, pay and get out.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    People that faff about in petrol stations, especially when they are busy.

Get your fuel, pay and get out.
    This!

And Electric cars parked at the pumps just because a petrol car is parked in the charging space!

(I can see this as a future peeve so getting in early )

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    When they keep the normal crossings at temporary lights rather than implementing a temporary crossing that is in sync with the temporary lights.

Got stuck at the temporary lights at Drumbrae for ages this morning on my to pick up my dad for a hospital appointment. The reason was the traffic was completely missing it’s turn on green because of the green man at the crossing yards before the temporary lights always being in use at the same time. Seriously, get a temporary green man set up that gives pedestrians a turn after every green light for traffic.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    This!

And Electric cars parked at the pumps just because a petrol car is parked in the charging space!

(I can see this as a future peeve so getting in early )
    Petrol and diesel cars parked at electric charging stations!

(I realise that may have been listed before but I CBA scrolling back.)
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Motorway middle lane hoggers!
    Just drove back from Sheffield and due to frustration at their ignorance, I started making a point of passing them and then sitting in middle lane right in front of them just to show them how frustrating it is.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    People that park on corners. There's a section in my street that has got ridiculous with multiple cars parked round two corners that are opposite each other. I've had a couple of near misses as it is impossible to see if anything is coming in the opposite direction.

It wasn't an issue when we first moved in two years ago but is now because one house got sold and the new people refuse to park in their drive for some reason and have two cars and another house have had multiple works done to their house (garage conversion, back extension and a seemingly never ending landscaping work to their back garden) which has meant a skip has been in their drive for over a year.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    People that park on corners. There's a section in my street that has got ridiculous with multiple cars parked round two corners that are opposite each other. I've had a couple of near misses as it is impossible to see if anything is coming in the opposite direction.

It wasn't an issue when we first moved in two years ago but is now because one house got sold and the new people refuse to park in their drive for some reason and have two cars and another house have had multiple works done to their house (garage conversion, back extension and a seemingly never ending landscaping work to their back garden) which has meant a skip has been in their drive for over a year.

sounds exactly like our street, one house has several vans parked on the corner, making it impossible to see, whilst the folk on the other side park their car on the street meaning there’s barely one lane of space, that you have to drive round completely blind

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyDave View Post
    Motorway middle lane hoggers!
    Just drove back from Sheffield and due to frustration at their ignorance, I started making a point of passing them and then sitting in middle lane right in front of them just to show them how frustrating it is.
    Drove up the road from Manchester last week late evening. Road was dead and I could drive for miles at a time in the inside lane. Every so often despite there being almost no traffic on the road I'd find myself approaching some tool sitting in the middle lane for no apparent reason totally oblivious.

I really don't know if it's the case that people don't know how to drive on motorways properly or just don't care.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Drove up the road from Manchester last week late evening. Road was dead and I could drive for miles at a time in the inside lane. Every so often despite there being almost no traffic on the road I'd find myself approaching some tool sitting in the middle lane for no apparent reason totally oblivious.

I really don't know if it's the case that people don't know how to drive on motorways properly or just don't care.
    Came across similar behaviour myself over the last few weeks driving back from Cambridge & Oldham. I tend to utilise cruise control when the roads are quiet, sitting at a constant speed but for my own amusement I'd overtake the middle lane guy, pull to nearside, ease off, let them pass then repeat. Three lasso's was my PB before the driver realised what was going on. Naughty and immature I know, but how else you gonna break up the long drive?!?