hibs.net Messageboard

Page 98 of 115 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,940 of 3436
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People who wait until they are already turning before putting their indicator on 🤬

Also one of my pet hates.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    There has been a real increase in absolute wideos since the change in the highway code.

I'm predominantly a pedestrian when out and about so appreciate anything to keep us safer but it's all about common sense. A tightening up of the highway code to protect pedestrians at junctions seems to have become a green light for idiots and wannabe hard men strolling across roads all over the shop either desperate for confrontation or giving you the patronising smile.
    When the lights turn to green and a pedestrian runs right across you from an angle, I've pretty much given up driving since getting a bus pass,will probably find something else to moan about!😂

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Idiots who cut corners when turning right, had to break sharply this morning when approaching the junction to avoid my front end being hit. Remonstrated with the erse who thought he was some kind of hard man by telling me he would do me! Blew him a kiss and told him if he fights as well as he drives he’ll need help…..

Anyone who does a dangerous maneuver and then gets sarky/angry with you when you remonstrate with them, they actually think they were in the right to be a dick on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Idiots who cut corners when turning right, had to break sharply this morning when approaching the junction to avoid my front end being hit. Remonstrated with the erse who thought he was some kind of hard man by telling me he would do me! Blew him a kiss and told him if he fights as well as he drives he’ll need help…..
    I live right next to a junction in my street. I have to drive up to the junction at 5mph now because of the number of idiots who cut the corner, usually going far too fast as well.

If you can't get your car round a corner from the appropriate place, maybe try more lessons, or buying a smaller car. Infuriating and all to save half a second. There'll be an accident there in no time.

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    I live right next to a junction in my street. I have to drive up to the junction at 5mph now because of the number of idiots who cut the corner, usually going far too fast as well.

If you can't get your car round a corner from the appropriate place, maybe try more lessons, or buying a smaller car. Infuriating and all to save half a second. There'll be an accident there in no time.
    Totally!! The amount of people that have come around the corner with half their car on my side of the road is incredible...obviously I get a filthy look as clearly it's always my fault.
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

Quote Originally Posted by Wembley67 View Post
    Totally!! The amount of people that have come around the corner with half their car on my side of the road is incredible...obviously I get a filthy look as clearly it's always my fault.
    This is the bit that gets me.

"How dare you be in the right place on the road? That's where I want my car to be!"

@hibs.net private member
    Few weeks ago I was driving back from Manchester. Usually I cut off at Abington and go the Biggar road, but this was mid afternoon and the sun was out so I decided to take the Moffat road. Climbing out of Moffat just before the Beeftub the road gets really narrow with an old bridge over a tight bend. I was on this bridge when coming towards me round the corner appeared an Audi, driving far too fast for the sharp bend, and on my side of the road. How he missed me I'll never know. I had to stop afterwards as I was shaking so much.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Roadworks on Glasgow Road heading west, nightmare, digging at the B&M at Maybury but tailbacks to Western cross at Murrayfield.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Not a peeve more of a WTF. Slowing down for a right turn at a red light the car behind broke into oncoming lane and did the right turn gambling on no amber flyers moving on their light. No visibility at all of those on that right turn.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    There's a car that parks just after the corner of the junction going into my street. It necessitates turning right, sharply, on to the wrong side of the road and hoping there's no one coming the other way.

Someone will crash one day. Probably two moving cars whilst leaving this problem car unscathed!
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    I just saw a learner, followed by 3 others cars in excess of 200 yards into 1 way roadworks the wrong way!
    There is a Road Closed sign and a couple of No Entry signs at the part where the road goes from 2 way to 1 way. I am still trying to figure out how stupid you can be and still get a licence in the West Midlands.

@hibs.net private member
    I just saw a learner, followed by 3 others cars in excess of 200 yards into 1 way roadworks the wrong way!
    There is a Road Closed sign and a couple of No Entry signs at the part where the road goes from 2 way to 1 way. I am still trying to figure out how stupid you can be and still get a licence in the West Midlands.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    People who can't judge how much room they've got on their passenger side. I was driving behind someone at lunchtime who was half on the wrong side of the road to 'avoid' the bike lane bollards. I know the bollards are a bit annoying but there was seriously loads of space.

Selfish drivers who make things more difficult and dangerous for others, for no reason at all.

I was coming off the M8 into Livingston this evening, there’s another car ahead of me on the slip road to join the dual carriageway. There’s 2 cars on the dual carriageway, with a decent gap to another car behind them.

the car in front of me positions them self to drop into the gap, matching their speed and spacing, I back off to move out behind the car at the back. Then that prick decides to accelerate hard to stop the car in front of me getting out ahead of him, forcing them to brake hard and avoid him, moving out behind. Idiot then moves out to the outside lane and shoots off anyway.

what was the point, apart from proving you’re an ********. Nothing to gain, and plenty to lose for multiple people, behaviour like that just baffles (and infuriates) me

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Been done I think but drivers who sit on the brake at lights and blinding the car behind. Worse than those who put fog lights on and don't turn them off when there's clearly a car behind which no longer needs the warning(if it ever did).

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Been done I think but drivers who sit on the brake at lights and blinding the car behind. Worse than those who put fog lights on and don't turn them off when there's clearly a car behind which no longer needs the warning(if it ever did).

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk
    That, unintentionally, might be me. I have an automatic that when I arrive at a junction/red light I can brake to a complete stop then an electronic brake comes on holding the car, only going off when I depress the accelerator. Looking in my rear view I'm fairly sure the brake lights are on when this happens. I've been advised to do this rather than switch to park/neutral each time.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    That, unintentionally, might be me. I have an automatic that when I arrive at a junction/red light I can brake to a complete stop then an electronic brake comes on holding the car, only going off when I depress the accelerator. Looking in my rear view I'm fairly sure the brake lights are on when this happens. I've been advised to do this rather than switch to park/neutral each time.
    My auto stop only works while the brake is depressed so my brake lights are on at junctions as well.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    My auto stop only works while the brake is depressed so my brake lights are on at junctions as well.
    That's what it does for me too. I put it in park if I'm at 3 or 4 way lights, but not 2 way.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    That's what it does for me too. I put it in park if I'm at 3 or 4 way lights, but not 2 way.
    What an odd set up…there should never be the need to put an auto in park when driving about. That literally disengages the gearbox and applies a pin to hold the gears in place. Not something you should need to be doing. Neutral and handbrake (which should come off automatically when put back into drive and accelerator pressed) would seem a better option.

Any auto stop I’ve had kicks in when I’ve came to a full stop and only starts the engine again when the accelerator is pressed. Certainly never had to keep my foot on the brake to keep the engine off.

Might be the difference between auto stop and hill start assist right enough but also my current auto puts it’s handbrake on when stopped (a kind of handbrake lite) that holds the car in place no matter what the road angle.

In other words I stop, the engine stops, the handbrake lite comes on and I take my foot off the brake while we await the lights to change or whatever and then press the accelerator to start the engine and the brake comes off….quite why any manufacturer would set it up different I have no idea!

To be fair tho there is a button to turn on the hill start assist / handbrake lite mode so maybe not all have that option.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I have the choice of keeping my foot on the brake, putting the car into park or putting it into neutral and using the standard style hand brake if it's necessary.

I've had the car over 5 years and I can count the number of times I've used the hand brake, in all circumstances, on one hand.

So at the lights, it's either park or foot on the brake.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    If I press my foot brake all the way to the floor it goes on hold and the brake lights go off. I mostly use semi-autonomous mode in traffic, so the car stops, starts and steers itself and the brake lights go off once it comes to a halt.

My own headlights are turning into a pet peeve for me. They are ridiculously bright. If I’m driving down a country road 6/10 cars will flash me and I’m willing to bet the other 4 have some choice words for me too.

Only thing is there’s nothing I can do about it, they are self levelling, I cannot adjust them even though I’m well aware they’re brighter than the sun.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    My own headlights are turning into a pet peeve for me. They are ridiculously bright. If I’m driving down a country road 6/10 cars will flash me and I’m willing to bet the other 4 have some choice words for me too.

Only thing is there’s nothing I can do about it, they are self levelling, I cannot adjust them even though I’m well aware they’re brighter than the sun.
    Sure you have googled it already but just in case you have not there is normally still adjustment screws even for self levelling headlights.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Is it a prerequisite for getting a job with Advance Construction that you have to be an absolute roaster behind the wheel?
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    The inability to be able to turn left ANYWHERE now when you are heading up Leith walk. The no left turn on to London Road is absoultely ludicrous, forcing cars to go up and round past the playhouse and top of Broughton St and then back down to do a right turn. Its xxxxxx madness and the council needs to come up with an alternative solution to the light sequence to allow cars to just turn left there. It can't be that hard.

They seem to be stubbornly persisting with it and I think I read will be installing bollards soon to stop cars doing a left.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    The inability to be able to turn left ANYWHERE now when you are heading up Leith walk. The no left turn on to London Road is absoultely ludicrous, forcing cars to go up and round past the playhouse and top of Broughton St and then back down to do a right turn. Its xxxxxx madness and the council needs to come up with an alternative solution to the light sequence to allow cars to just turn left there. It can't be that hard.

They seem to be stubbornly persisting with it and I think I read will be installing bollards soon to stop cars doing a left.
    Going to the game on Saturday, 3 drivers took the illegal left (including one on L plates) in one green light sequence, barging through folk crossing at the green man.
    I'm surprised nobody has been hit (or worse) yet.
    The council have made it clear that the no left turn is to maintain the North/South traffic flow. If they add the left turn then the pedestrian crossing sequence has to be separate, meaning traffic will actually take longer to go through the junction.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    Going to the game on Saturday, 3 drivers took the illegal left (including one on L plates) in one green light sequence, barging through folk crossing at the green man.
    I'm surprised nobody has been hit (or worse) yet.
    The council have made it clear that the no left turn is to maintain the North/South traffic flow. If they add the left turn then the pedestrian crossing sequence has to be separate, meaning traffic will actually take longer to go through the junction.
    That's what the council are saying but I'm not buying it, they have to make a change. They could for example have a left filter on there and shorten the time for the right turn filter from coming down Leith Walk. After all, a lot of the cars doing the right turn are the ones that would have just turned left coming up Leith Walk.

The fact so many people are taking the left turn regardless of the rules shows that they have got it badly wrong. It needs a rethink.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Random braking!! Followed someone this morning that had the brakes on at every bend in the road, every parked car, every crossing point, evrytime a care came in the opposite direction. We were only doing max 20mph for the whole journey as well and the roads were damp but free from ice and snow. Infuriating

Pilrig St then onto Balfour St, right onto Leith Walk and then left along Dalmeny St.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Pilrig St then onto Balfour St, right onto Leith Walk and then left along Dalmeny St.
    Im sure I tried that fairly recently but it wasn't possible? If you're 100 percent sure though I'll be doing it next time!