hibs.net Messageboard

Page 75 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,250 of 3436
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Another idiot today turning left from the outside lane because he didn’t think he could drive in the bus lane. I was also turning left but in the inside lane and had to brake sharply to avoid hitting him.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    People that are travelling in the early hours of the morning thinking that speed limits have suddenly been removed and they can go whatever speed they want. Driving home from work this morning just after 4am I was driving along ferry road approaching the lights at quality street were at red for me. 2 cars turned on to ferry road, one was a BMW I think and they other was one of these pick up truck type things and I'm no kidding the pair of them took off like a bat out of hell racing each other. By the time I'd reached the lights at Clermiston they were already hammering through the lights at the bottom of the Drumbrae. They then hammered onto the A90 and disappeared. Pair of absolute whoppers.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Went down to Newcastle yesterday for a gig, live in Porty so went down the A1, traffic was ok but half way down we seen signs saying A1 was closed for 5 nights starting yesterday, after checking online it was confirmed, so we came back via the A68. Jeez what a ****ty wee bendy road the A68 is and the other roads getting onto it. Still can't believe we have these rubbish roads on the east of the country leading out of Scotland to England.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Went down to Newcastle yesterday for a gig, live in Porty so went down the A1, traffic was ok but half way down we seen signs saying A1 was closed for 5 nights starting yesterday, after checking online it was confirmed, so we came back via the A68. Jeez what a ****ty wee bendy road the A68 is and the other roads getting onto it. Still can't believe we have these rubbish roads on the east of the country leading out of Scotland to England.
    The whole Scottish road network is decades out of date. Edinburgh bypass has been a joke since it was built.

Thats a great road to drive, especially at night with little or no other traffic around!! If I'm coming back from midweek Man City games I'll sometimes come off the M6 at Carlisle and come up the A7 instead of staying on the M6/M74 to Abington and coming up through Biggar.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    The A68 is a nice road to drive during daylight hours if it’s not too busy. The A1 is a disgrace, it should’ve been upgraded years ago.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    The whole Scottish road network is decades out of date. Edinburgh bypass has been a joke since it was built.
    That's certainly not the case of the 6miles of newly opened dual carriageway on the A9. 😁
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    That's certainly not the case of the 6miles of newly opened dual carriageway on the A9. 😁
    That the bit with bridges built in the 70's ready for dual carriageway passing underneath?

That the bit with bridges built in the 70's ready for dual carriageway passing underneath?
    You'll have to be a bit more specific. The whole of the A9 as far as Inverness is being dualled in the next few years.

https://www.transport.gov.scot/media-library/?project=1308

https://www.transport.gov.scot/media-library/?project=1308&project=1311
    Last edited by Moulin Yarns; 21-09-2021 at 12:41 PM.

You'll have to be a bit more specific. The whole of the A9 as far as Inverness is being dualled in the next few years.

https://www.transport.gov.scot/media-library/?project=1308

https://www.transport.gov.scot/media-library/?project=1308&project=1311
    South of Ballinluig it was pointed out to me that the bridges had been prepared for dualling a long time ago. Over 20 years ago and he told me they had been ready for 20 odd years.

South of Ballinluig it was pointed out to me that the bridges had been prepared for dualling a long time ago. Over 20 years ago and he told me they had been ready for 20 odd years.
    If you mean the bridge from Ballinluig to Aberfeldy, then the road is a dual carriageway to about three quarters of a mile south of the bridge, has been for a good time now, maybe 10 years.

https://www.sabre-roads.org.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Ballinluig_Junction
    Last edited by Moulin Yarns; 21-09-2021 at 12:55 PM.

If you mean the bridge from Ballinluig to Aberfeldy, then the road is a dual carriageway to about three quarters of a mile south of the bridge, has been for a good time now, maybe 10 years.
    I remember when that was put in, horrible junction before then. It would be further down the road and it really pissed him off knowing people had died in head on collisions due to it not happening.

I always think the road links from Edinburgh going south are shockingly poor. There isn't a single motorway link running out of the city to the south.

You either have the A1 with it's pitiful single carriageway section for miles, a trek across to the M74 or other A roads that are relatively fun to drive but otherwise unfit for purpose as major routes out of a capital city.

Don't even get me started on the Scottish rail network, a relic of another age that should have been improved years ago. Instead we closed much of it down to save cash and then complain more people won't use public transport.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I always think the road links from Edinburgh going south are shockingly poor. There isn't a single motorway link running out of the city to the south.

You either have the A1 with it's pitiful single carriageway section for miles, a trek across to the M74 or other A roads that are relatively fun to drive but otherwise unfit for purpose as major routes out of a capital city.

Don't even get me started on the Scottish rail network, a relic of another age that should have been improved years ago. Instead we closed much of it down to save cash and then complain more people won't use public transport.
    Edinburgh going south has always been crap. I used to prefer cutting across to M74 when driving to London, slightly longer distance but a quicker easier drive.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Edinburgh going south has always been crap. I used to prefer cutting across to M74 when driving to London, slightly longer distance but a quicker easier drive.
    Did Edinburgh to Newcastle on the coast road two weekends ago to collect the kitten mentioned on the Cat and Dog thread. Was actually shocked by how poor that road is.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Electric scooters. Some bright spark was on the Harry Lauder road with one earlier 🤬

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    Electric scooters. Some bright spark was on the Harry Lauder road with one earlier 🤬
    I saw two people on one of them going down the pleasance.

United we stand here....

To the private hire taxi driver that overtook me on the back road from Inverkeithing to Cowdenbeath earlier, on blind bend with double solid white lines in a 40mph zone which I was doing, you sir are an absolute bell end. Professional driver my erchie.

Driving in Buenos Aires.

Girlfriend and I are buying a go pro type of camera to put on our dashboard because we're pretty much 100% sure that it will be used for an insurance claim following an accident at some point.

Everyone gets in the car here already with level 10 road rage, no one can drive to save themselves however everyone believes they are Lewis Hamilton.

I'll have to take the test here in order to get an Argentine license and the practical test appears to be reversing around a cone and you're done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    To the private hire taxi driver that overtook me on the back road from Inverkeithing to Cowdenbeath earlier, on blind bend with double solid white lines in a 40mph zone which I was doing, you sir are an absolute bell end. Professional driver my erchie.
    Bad smash on A77 Saturday morning resulting in road being closed. Onto single carriageway back road from Kilmarnock to Troon with a lot of traffic and one kamikaze pilot thinks he can overtake 12 vehicles in a 40 zone approaching a staggered junction, he just made it in behind me as a car emerged at the junction. If the car behind hadn't let him in there was another road closure.

The absolute bellend of a cyclist who as I was turning left out of Kaimes Road this morning into the bus lane at 7am decided to undertake me on inside and also turn left, almost hit him.

Left by mutual consent!
    Without trying to diminish peoples reports on bad driving, here are a few daily occurrences in Thailand...

People on mopeds driving against one way traffic.
    As above but at night with no lights.
    People on mopeds joining the main flow of traffic from a side road on the left without looking right.
    Bike riders not using mirrors.
    Car drivers not using mirrors.
    Driving slowly in fast lane and refusing to move.
    Joining main flow of 90kph traffic from a side road by forcing their way out then proceeding at 40kph.
    Drivers to whom staying in your lane at roundabouts means nothing.
    Changing lanes without signalling.
    Not turning lights on in heavy rain or lighting up time.
    Forgetting to turn indicators off (this includes so called professional drivers, taxis, lorries, police)
    Turning left whilst signalling right or vice versa.
    Just not signalling.
    Jumping red lights.

All the above and more you see daily. Got to have your wits about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    Without trying to diminish peoples reports on bad driving, here are a few daily occurrences in Thailand...

People on mopeds joining the main flow of traffic from a side road on the left without looking right.
    Joining main flow of 90kph traffic from a side road by forcing their way out then proceeding at 40kph.
    Forgetting to turn indicators off (this includes so called professional drivers, taxis, lorries, police)
    Just not signalling.
    Jumping red lights.

See much the same in this country.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post

Just not signalling.
    Jumping red lights.

After watching the Top Gear Burma special I can imagine all of the above. Absolutely terrifying.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

The knob who thought he could drive the wrong way along Kirk Loan this morning and didn’t look too happy when I told him what a dick he was. It wasn’t a mistake he knew exactly what he was doing.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    The knob who thought he could drive the wrong way along Kirk Loan this morning and didn’t look too happy when I told him what a dick he was. It wasn’t a mistake he knew exactly what he was doing.
    As in driving up to St Johns Rd from the library?
    That's not an easy thing to do!

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    As in driving up to St Johns Rd from the library?
    That's not an easy thing to do!
    Came from the NHS car park and thought he would just head to St John’s Road despite their being four cars heading towards him.

People who don’t put their shopping trolley away when they’ve loaded their car up. Yesterday I saw a trolley roll into a parked car. Absolute *****house behaviour.

United we stand here....

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    People who don’t put their shopping trolley away when they’ve loaded their car up. Yesterday I saw a trolley roll into a parked car. Absolute *****house behaviour.
    Dickheads.

There’s a couple of spaces, good ones (i.e. close to the entrance) at the car park at Tesco near me that look available until you’re about to pull in and some bawbag has left their trolley there.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post

Its partly that reason I always parked well away from the main entrance at supermarkets or other big shops, rogue trolleys and the fact that nobody will park beside you if you're far away. A lot of lay bassas nowadays fight it out for spaces close to the entrance because they don't want to walk the length of their nose.