hibs.net Messageboard

Page 81 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,430 of 3414
    Quote Originally Posted by AltheHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ubers.

They are simply the worst. And one of these morons pulled out in front of me from a side street yesterday. And stopped in front of when I hit the horn and brakes.i was doing 25 and still had to make an emergency stop.

My 5 1/2 month old pups were lucky I strap them in.
    😂 I drive for Uber on occasion.

He may also have not been an Uber driver plenty other options available but black cabs are just the same we are all chasing the pound notes

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    😂 I drive for Uber on occasion.

He may also have not been an Uber driver plenty other options available but black cabs are just the same we are all chasing the pound notes
    It said Uber on the side.

And as a bus driver's son, taxi doesn't elevate you much. 😝

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Blitz ice. Drove into a shower of very fine spray rain this morning. As soon as it hit the cold (-8) dry ground it turned to sheet ice. I was lucky because the stretch of Autobahn I was travelling on was closed for a few hours due to several accidents just after I passed through.

I can't reverse into a parking bay straight, every time I do it now the motor nearly always ends up parked squint. I then get out check it, get back in and straighten it.

This has only started happening recently, could do it no problem before.

Quote Originally Posted by BS44 View Post
    I can't reverse into a parking bay straight, every time I do it now the motor nearly always ends up parked squint. I then get out check it, get back in and straighten it.

Sounds like your peripheral vision is not what it once was. The joys of getting older.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Councils being given the power to act as the police and dish out fines for offences such as "bad turns"
    I've had a look but can only see Edinburgh Live type reporting. Tell me they're at the wind up?

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    Councils being given the power to act as the police and dish out fines for offences such as "bad turns"
    I've had a look but can only see Edinburgh Live type reporting. Tell me they're at the wind up?
    If it stops taxi drivers doing uturns at a set of traffic lights, excellent.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Sounds like your peripheral vision is not what it once was. The joys of getting older.
    I'm still a hotshot at parallel parking, when that starts going to **** then I will accept I'm getting old!

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    If it stops taxi drivers doing uturns at a set of traffic lights, excellent.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Don't dare cut a corner they'll have an enforcer hidden at every junction. Should be fun with the new hierarchy of road users as well

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BS44 View Post

Definitely something to do with global warming, affecting tidal and gravity pull. Never reverse park unless there is a full moon or high tide.

@hibs.net private member
    People who look at you and think 'oh, he's less than 100 yards away in a 60. I can pull out safely and not have to accelerate hard'.

Thankfully nothing was coming the other way as I just couldn't slow in time as it was also downhill in the wet.

Please tell me it's legal to find them and burn their car so they can't do it to any else.

Drivers who seem to be blind to anything in front of them, you know the ones that don't see a car turning right and get stuck behind it, or not seeing a bus pull into a stop and then last minute indicate to come out, or the best one is when they don't see roadwork signs until 5 yards from them.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AltheHibby View Post
    People who look at you and think 'oh, he's less than 100 yards away in a 60. I can pull out safely and not have to accelerate hard'.

Thankfully nothing was coming the other way as I just couldn't slow in time as it was also downhill in the wet.

Please tell me it's legal to find them and burn their car so they can't do it to any else.
    I mentioned similar earlier. People would prefer risking life and limb to having a lorry in front of them.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Drivers who seem to be blind to anything in front of them, you know the ones that don't see a car turning right and get stuck behind it, or not seeing a bus pull into a stop and then last minute indicate to come out, or the best one is when they don't see roadwork signs until 5 yards from them.
    Ahh yes this is a good one!

These will be the same drivers who when approaching a wide open roundabout that clearly has no traffic on it will still stop regardless and then look for traffic.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Have all the drivers out there appraised themselves of the newly updated rules on road hierarchy that have recently went live?
    I'm surprised cyclists are higher up the hierarchy than horse riders as I always pulled over/gave way to horsey types on the roads around Colinton/Currie way, dunno if there'll be any noticeable change there.
    And will the majority of motorists give way to pedestrians at junctions?
    It's gonna be a big step-change for me, being allowed to cross a road and expect drivers to see me and give way, the same as a driver, approaching a junction, giving way to Peds and expecting the vehicles behind me to read the situation and not rear-end me.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    These will be the same drivers who when approaching a wide open roundabout that clearly has no traffic on it will still stop regardless and then look for traffic.
    This behaviour drives me demented!

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Ahh yes this is a good one!

these the same folk who don’t realise that the slip road for joining a motorway is an acceleration lane, trundle down it doing 30, often causing a buildup behind them, then there’s multiple vehicles in a dangerous situation trying to join a road moving significantly faster than them

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    these the same folk who don’t realise that the slip road for joining a motorway is an acceleration lane, trundle down it doing 30, often causing a buildup behind them, then there’s multiple vehicles in a dangerous situation trying to join a road moving significantly faster than them
    And not exclusively motorways, I reckon the evening peak congestion you get between Hermiston Gait and Dreghorn on the bypass heading East is exacerbated by folk joining at Baberton and not gunning that slip-road, causing the naturally slower vehicles like trucks that are already labouring up that incline to slow down further or change lanes causing everyone else to slow.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    And not exclusively motorways, I reckon the evening peak congestion you get between Hermiston Gait and Dreghorn on the bypass heading East is exacerbated by folk joining at Baberton and not gunning that slip-road, causing the naturally slower vehicles like trucks that are already labouring up that incline to slow down further or change lanes causing everyone else to slow.

completely agree mate

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    Lothianburn going west in the mornings was/is an absolute bottle neck every morning because of this.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Roundabouts with massive statues, sculptures or man made rainforests in the middle. Cannae ****ing see. That’s a problem.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Roundabouts with massive statues, sculptures or man made rainforests in the middle. Cannae ****ing see. That’s a problem.
    Isn't that the point? You can't see so you have to slow down? 😉

Pretty sure I read that somewhere official years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Not on a roundabout, but Andy Scott (artist, famous for the Falkirk Kelpies amongst other works) has an installation just of the M80.
    Her name is Arria and she is stunning. How there haven't been any major incidents there I don't know as whenever I pass I always end up drifting across lanes 😘

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    To the boy in the Toyota Yaris that followed so closely behind me he was practically sitting beside in my front passenger seat. All the way from the approach road at the old brewery site to St Marys street, even swerving out into oncoming traffic on the grass market to try and overtake at the zebra crossing. You sir are an erse. No idea how you go your license.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Cyclists who don’t seem to bother with any lights at night anymore, even the ones delivering food don’t seem to bother.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    To the boy in the Toyota Yaris that followed so closely behind me he was practically sitting beside in my front passenger seat. All the way from the approach road at the old brewery site to St Marys street, even swerving out into oncoming traffic on the grass market to try and overtake at the zebra crossing. You sir are an erse. No idea how you go your license.
    I did wonder if I would make it on to this thread.

There I was, driving my wee Toyota down StMarys Street. "Oh" I thought to myself," is that that Hermit Crab guy from Hibs.net? I'm gonna try something here..."

It worked 😆

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Those packs of bulbs that you’re forced to buy from certain petrol stations that contain bulbs that you will never use. My tail light/ brake light bulb went just before I set off for Motherwell on Wednesday, I drove to the nearest petrol station and had to buy another one of these things.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    People who beep their horn to let people know that they're there to pick them up, particularly late at night.

We all have phones nowadays.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    In the last week I have been behind 3 separate drivers with no lights on. Two noticed when I washed my lights at them, the other just kept going seemingly ignoring or not seeing me flashing my lights at them. I don't know how you can not notice you have no lights on in the dark unless you're pished or on drugs.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    In the last week I have been behind 3 separate drivers with no lights on. Two noticed when I washed my lights at them, the other just kept going seemingly ignoring or not seeing me flashing my lights at them. I don't know how you can not notice you have no lights on in the dark unless you're pished or on drugs.

I've posted the same before, I think the problem is twofold. One, a lot of modern cars have automatic lights that come on as it gets dark, and if your car has been serviced the garage may have switched them off, and two, most cars have dashboard lights that are on all the time giving the impression that your lights are on. Having said all that, one of the drivers I managed to stop and they got out to look at the lights when I told them, the got back in and were having a good look around the dashboard as if they didn't even know how to switch them on!
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.