hibs.net Messageboard

Page 42 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 3414
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Drove behind a car this morning around 7.20am from Manse Road to Haymarket, he/she had no lights on at all despite me flashing from behind several times and oncoming traffic doing the same, driver was totally oblivious. Just shows how easy it is in modern cars where dash illuminates anyway to drive without realising your have no lights on.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 15-01-2020 at 08:18 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Drove behind a car this morning around 7.20am from Manse Road to Haymarket, he/she had no lights on at all despite me flashing from behind several times and oncoming traffic doing the same, driver was totally oblivious. Just shows how easy it is in modern cars where dash illuminates anyway to drive without realising your have no lights on.
    Absolutely!

My wife borrowed by car one day and had turned off the auto lights and it took the police to tell me that my lights were off, idiot that I am.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    Car behind me tonight had full beams on from commercial street to Musselburgh. I could barely see by the time I got home. Should be a hanging offence IMO.

Pull over and let it pass. I have done this before and although I should not have to it is an instant solution.

Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    Pull over and let it pass. I have done this before and although I should not have to it is an instant solution.
    And once you're behind, stick your full beam on.

Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    Yeah that's what I done just after Porty High Street after fiddling with the rear-view anti glare didn't help much, was tempted to put the full beams on afterwards but thought that was too much akin to Yam behaviour

Unbelievably behind this same vehicle again this morning, same scenario, no lights on!

@hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    Unbelievably behind this same vehicle again this morning, same scenario, no lights on!
    Attach an informative sign to the back of your car and leave the house 20 seconds earlier tomorrow.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Irate cyclists who chuck a set of lorry keys at a pedestrian which is what happened to me this morning.

I had just crossed the road at Elm Row and became aware of a cyclist going radge at a lorry driver. The cyclist then reached into the lorry, grabbed the keys and launched them towards the pavement where it narrowly missed me. It could have had my eye out.

Cyclists.

I seem to encounter more and more pedestrians who think it’s smart to walk slowly as oncoming traffic approaches and even worse walk out into traffic whilst raising their hand for you to stop or slow down.WTF is that all about.
    Either use recognised crossings or wait for a break in traffic you ****** idiots, if not be prepared to be told what an erse you are.

I seem to encounter more and more pedestrians who think it’s smart to walk slowly as oncoming traffic approaches and even worse walk out into traffic whilst raising their hand for you to stop or slow down.WTF is that all about.
    Either use recognised crossings or wait for a break in traffic you ****** idiots, if not be prepared to be told what an erse you are.
    One of my real peeves, always tempted to give them a wee dunt with the bumper but unfortunately its illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    One of my real peeves, always tempted to give them a wee dunt with the bumper but unfortunately its illegal.
    Too costly with these modern cars and the way they collapse on impact.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Pedestrians have right of way in many situations. So a pedestrian crossing a side road where a car wants to turn left, car has to give way. The issue is usually "I was in the right" doesn't matter when you have already been killed.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    Too costly with these modern cars and the way they collapse on impact.

Not in a taxi though

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Pedestrians have right of way in many situations. So a pedestrian crossing a side road where a car wants to turn left, car has to give way. The issue is usually "I was in the right" doesn't matter when you have already been killed.

I realise there are situations where pedestrians have right of way, that doesn’t excuse the behaviour of the many who don’t though. It’s hilarious when the fools that want to play chicken with a moving vehicle realise you’re as mad as they are 😉

@hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    The pedestrian only has right of way in this scenario when they have started crossing before the driver has indicated their intention to turn into the road in question. There is an obligation on the pedestrian to look out for cars and not begin to cross when one is approaching.

A lot of the time pedestrians don't look and barely break stride.

I realise there are situations where pedestrians have right of way, that doesn’t excuse the behaviour of the many who don’t though. It’s hilarious when the fools that want to play chicken with a moving vehicle realise you’re as mad as they are
    Oh yes....

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    The pedestrian only has right of way in this scenario when they have started crossing before the driver has indicated their intention to turn into the road in question. There is an obligation on the pedestrian to look out for cars and not begin to cross when one is approaching.

Yip, but many car drivers dont actually indicate what they are about to do. In Edinburgh, that seems to include most, if not all, Private Hires...

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    A lot of the time they're looking at their phones with minimal awareness of their surroundings.

Yip, but many car drivers dont actually indicate what they are about to do. In Edinburgh, that seems to include most, if not all, Private Hires...
    Most assuredly, this.

Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    A lot of the time they're looking at their phones with minimal awareness of their surroundings.
    I don't drive but, I became acutely aware of this in the summer (when sitting outside pubs on junctions) as pedestrians would hardly glance up from their phones as they stepped out into traffic. What's that important that you can't keep your phone in your pocket until you reach your destination?

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    I don't drive but, I became acutely aware of this in the summer (when sitting outside pubs on junctions) as pedestrians would hardly glance up from their phones as they stepped out into traffic. What's that important that you can't keep your phone in your pocket until you reach your destination?
    While being a pedestrian I take great delight in stopping in the path of someone who is on busy texting and letting them either bump into me or jumping as they don't realise they are about to walk into someone.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Dicks that park in front of the car wash before going in to the garage to buy a wash card or code and normally take about 15 minutes meaning that everyone else is waiting and the car wash can't be used until aforementioned throbber comes back.

When petrol stations are absolutely packed and the person at the pump has to make sure their car is in neutral, double check the handbrake before getting out, has to put on the little disposable gloves, finds a nice spot to put down their fuel filler cap, fills their car up with £300 worth of petrol, gently takes the gloves off, wanders around looking for a bin for them, wanders around the shop debating if they need a £7 sandwich or not, pays in change, toddles back to the car, checks for their keys 3 times, sits down, puts their phone in the glove compartment, adjusts the rear view mirror, puts their seatbelt on, sits for 30 seconds as they forget how to start a car, stalls, and then finally pulls away.

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    When petrol stations are absolutely packed and the person at the pump has to make sure their car is in neutral, double check the handbrake before getting out, has to put on the little disposable gloves, finds a nice spot to put down their fuel filler cap, fills their car up with £300 worth of petrol, gently takes the gloves off, wanders around looking for a bin for them, wanders around the shop debating if they need a £7 sandwich or not, pays in change, toddles back to the car, checks for their keys 3 times, sits down, puts their phone in the glove compartment, adjusts the rear view mirror, puts their seatbelt on, sits for 30 seconds as they forget how to start a car, stalls, and then finally pulls away.
    My petrol station peeve is people who cause queues by not using a pump unless it’s on the same side as their petrol cap.

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    My petrol station peeve is people who cause queues by not using a pump unless it’s on the same side as their petrol cap.
    I think I'm stupid as I genuinely can never get these extra long hoses to reach😁

Sorry scouse.
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

Quote Originally Posted by Wembley67 View Post
    I think I'm stupid as I genuinely can never get these extra long hoses to reach😁

Sorry scouse.
    You’re parking too far away! 😉

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Cars with dash cams in it, mostly because eight out of ten cars with dash cams are driven by terrible drivers.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Watching people who reverse out of a space that have no concept of turning the wheel as they reverse. It’s almost as if they think they have to be two seperate manoeuvres, reverse, stop, turn wheel, reverse, stop, turn wheel if only they realised how easy it to manoeuvre a car by turning as you are moving.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Got to admit I’m no fan of stretching the big rubber hose over my car...prefer to wait for the ‘right side’ pump to be avail.

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Got to admit I’m no fan of stretching the big rubber hose over my car...prefer to wait for the ‘right side’ pump to be avail.
    Neither am and I never do, it goes round the back without touching the car!