hibs.net Messageboard

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142
Results 1,231 to 1,239 of 1239
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Drove behind a car this morning around 7.20am from Manse Road to Haymarket, he/she had no lights on at all despite me flashing from behind several times and oncoming traffic doing the same, driver was totally oblivious. Just shows how easy it is in modern cars where dash illuminates anyway to drive without realising your have no lights on.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 15-01-2020 at 08:18 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Drove behind a car this morning around 7.20am from Manse Road to Haymarket, he/she had no lights on at all despite me flashing from behind several times and oncoming traffic doing the same, driver was totally oblivious. Just shows how easy it is in modern cars where dash illuminates anyway to drive without realising your have no lights on.
    Absolutely!

My wife borrowed by car one day and had turned off the auto lights and it took the police to tell me that my lights were off, idiot that I am.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    Car behind me tonight had full beams on from commercial street to Musselburgh. I could barely see by the time I got home. Should be a hanging offence IMO.

Pull over and let it pass. I have done this before and although I should not have to it is an instant solution.

Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    Pull over and let it pass. I have done this before and although I should not have to it is an instant solution.
    And once you're behind, stick your full beam on.

Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    Yeah that's what I done just after Porty High Street after fiddling with the rear-view anti glare didn't help much, was tempted to put the full beams on afterwards but thought that was too much akin to Yam behaviour

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Unbelievably behind this same vehicle again this morning, same scenario, no lights on!

Unbelievably behind this same vehicle again this morning, same scenario, no lights on!
    Attach an informative sign to the back of your car and leave the house 20 seconds earlier tomorrow.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Irate cyclists who chuck a set of lorry keys at a pedestrian which is what happened to me this morning.

I had just crossed the road at Elm Row and became aware of a cyclist going radge at a lorry driver. The cyclist then reached into the lorry, grabbed the keys and launched them towards the pavement where it narrowly missed me. It could have had my eye out.

Cyclists.