hibs.net Messageboard

Page 35 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 3414
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When you’re looking for a parking space in town, eventually find one, put your indicators on to reverse into it but the clown behind you is so far up your arse they don’t realise that’s what’s happening. Inevitably they get annoyed as they think you’ve just stopped for no reason as they struggle to get round you.

I hope I’ve explained that right but I know what I mean even if nobody else does 😃
    It’s quite a hard one that if you’re moving along relatively slowly. The space you need to reverse park into a space is more than the gap most people are realistically going to leave you, especially if you see the space quite late.

United we stand here....

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    When you’re looking for a parking space in town, eventually find one, put your indicators on to reverse into it but the clown behind you is so far up your arse they don’t realise that’s what’s happening. Inevitably they get annoyed as they think you’ve just stopped for no reason as they struggle to get round you.

I hope I’ve explained that right but I know what I mean even if nobody else does 😃
    When other drivers think you can read their minds, they suddenly slam on their brakes when they see a parking space they have passed, put their indicator on and then expect you to be able to reverse even though you have cars behind you!

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Boatman View Post
    When other drivers think you can read their minds, they suddenly slam on their brakes when they see a parking space they have passed, put their indicator on and then expect you to be able to reverse even though you have cars behind you!
    Yeah, that’d be annoying if people did that, I’ll need to keep my eyes open for that kind of inconsiderate driver 😉

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    ****ING INDICATE. ****ers.

Neighbours who park on street, if we all park sensibly we can get the five cars we collectively own in the stretch of road in front of our three houses. This works well until one neighbour regularly leaves too big a gap that you can’t get a car in and cuts the available space down so only four cars can be parked.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Neighbours who park on street, if we all park sensibly we can get the five cars we collectively own in the stretch of road in front of our three houses. This works well until one neighbour regularly leaves too big a gap that you can’t get a car in and cuts the available space down so only four cars can be parked.

You could add that to anyone who parks a basic car like they've got a truck that needs yards of space between cars, taxi drivers with the new bigger taxi's are just as bad on the ranks, nudge up and we'll get more on them and stop hanging over the edge blocking the road.

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    Parents, more often than not mums, who insist on loading and unloading their young kids on the offside of their vehicles.
    That is to say the dangerous side, on the road where there is traffic passing by.
    Usually leaving doors wide open as they transfer their offspring to safety on the kerb.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    When you go to pump up your tyres, the valve is always right at the bottom.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    When you go to pump up your tyres, the valve is always right at the bottom.
    Well obviously, because of the extra weight of the valve …

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Portobello high street

There’s two lanes as you drive up to Inchview Terrace or going right to Seafield. It drives me mad when people try make it three lanes practically down to Aldi’s

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    Portobello high street

There’s two lanes as you drive up to Inchview Terrace or going right to Seafield. It drives me mad when people try make it three lanes practically down to Aldi’s
    Doesn't help when you've got buses sitting there waiting ages on their change over blocking a whole lane. Also with the Brighton Pl diversion more people doing left turns towards Harry Lauder Rd, literally making it 3 kanes now.

Drivers that sit in their car, mostly in supermarket car parks, and leave their engine running.

Parked beside a guy yesterday in Asda car park, with his engine running, went and did my shopping returned to my car about 30 minutes later and he's still there, sound asleep and engine still running. Accidentally bumped the horn button on mine gettinto my car.........oops.

I'm no eco-warrior but this is just plain madness to me, remember someone telling me years ago that your car uses a gallon of petrol (4.5 litres to you young-uns) for every 20 minutes it sits idling.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfiembra View Post
    Drivers that sit in their car, mostly in supermarket car parks, and leave their engine running.

Parked beside a guy yesterday in Asda car park, with his engine running, went and did my shopping returned to my car about 30 minutes later and he's still there, sound asleep and engine still running. Accidentally bumped the horn button on mine gettinto my car.........oops.

I'm no eco-warrior but this is just plain madness to me, remember someone telling me years ago that your car uses a gallon of petrol (4.5 litres to you young-uns) for every 20 minutes it sits idling.
    It would need to be some size of engine to go through 3 gallons per hour idling.

Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    It would need to be some size of engine to go through 3 gallons per hour idling.
    Just googled it and it seems, at worst, up to about three quarters of a gallon/hour which would be about 1 litre for 20 minutes maybe got my units mixed up.
    Still madness though.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Usually only becomes apparent as the nights start drawing in, but Cyclops on the road! Folk who drive with only one working headlight on their car.
    Was out on Saturday night when we had the dark skies and torrential rain, a young driver thought it appropriate to drive with one headlight on main beam (probably because one or both dipped headlights were out along with her nearside main beam).
    Was quite distracting as she was driving so close behind me on the bypass. I slowed to encourage her to pass but she either didn't have the confidence to drive in the heavy rain or she loved sitting on my bumper so was stuck with the dazzling light in my mirrors.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfiembra View Post
    Just googled it and it seems, at worst, up to about three quarters of a gallon/hour which would be about 1 litre for 20 minutes maybe got my units mixed up.
    Still madness though.
    Not sure what you googled but that’s way too high still...some cars will use that amount when doing 40mph for an hour.

For a standard car (sub 2 litre engine) I can’t see it being more than half a litre an hour if it’s sitting warm at idle without air con. It’s literally just ticking over so consumption will be minimal.

That’s not to say the dude was doing right of course!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    Usually only becomes apparent as the nights start drawing in, but Cyclops on the road! Folk who drive with only one working headlight on their car.
    Was out on Saturday night when we had the dark skies and torrential rain, a young driver thought it appropriate to drive with one headlight on main beam (probably because one or both dipped headlights were out along with her nearside main beam).
    Was quite distracting as she was driving so close behind me on the bypass. I slowed to encourage her to pass but she either didn't have the confidence to drive in the heavy rain or she loved sitting on my bumper so was stuck with the dazzling light in my mirrors.
    On really dark nights on B roads and you see one ( passenger side ) head lamp working. From a distance it looks like a motorbike approaching. Anyone driving like that deserves the book thrown at them. It’s just about forgivable for someone to not know that a rear or brake light is not working but knowingly risking an accident is crazy.

@hibs.net private member
    I’ve done this one before but folk that go through a very late amber or red when I’m sitting trying to turn right. Happened last night at the bottom of the wisp trying to turn right to the Fort - 2 cars went late then a third followed. Incredible - I’m sitting stranded and the cars going from the fort to Niddrie start coming towards me like I’m in the wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I’ve done this one before but folk that go through a very late amber or red when I’m sitting trying to turn right. Happened last night at the bottom of the wisp trying to turn right to the Fort - 2 cars went late then a third followed. Incredible - I’m sitting stranded and the cars going from the fort to Niddrie start coming towards me like I’m in the wrong.
    Happens all the time there.

There should be a filter for the right turn coming off the Wisp. I live just off Newcraighall Road and on a Saturday and Sunday turning right from the Wisp is a life threatening endeavour. People jump the light coming up past the Duddingston Fry all the time. It's not even Amber, it's 2 or 3 cars driving through a red light.

Red is the new amber nowadays, there are loads of dodgy red gamblers on the roads.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Red is the new amber nowadays, there are loads of dodgy red gamblers on the roads.
    easy solved if they stick cameras on the lights and jumping a red is an instant £100 and 3 points.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Happens all the time there.

There should be a filter for the right turn coming off the Wisp. I live just off Newcraighall Road and on a Saturday and Sunday turning right from the Wisp is a life threatening endeavour. People jump the light coming up past the Duddingston Fry all the time. It's not even Amber, it's 2 or 3 cars driving through a red light.
    I've said for years that a filter should be put there. I'd ask my councillor to request one or find out the reason why it can't be done. Doesn't seem too hard to implement and can be timed to work when required.
    Last edited by Killiehibbie; 16-08-2019 at 09:44 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Sitting in lengthy queue of traffic westbound on Duddingston Crescent outside the new Porty High, 5pm yesterday.
    Watching car after car zooming up the bus lane. Bus lane in operation from 4pm.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    Sitting in lengthy queue of traffic westbound on Duddingston Crescent outside the new Porty High, 5pm yesterday.
    Watching car after car zooming up the bus lane. Bus lane in operation from 4pm.
    Not that I would support such behaviour and it’s a road to be avoided at that time of night but I see why people do it if they are not turning right onto the A1 slip as the bus lane ends and hey presto there is plenty of space in the straight on / left lane.

One lane of traffic for that road / junction is the real madness.

Are there still roadworks in and out of Penicuik? Near Tesco.
    Nightmare.

Normally associated with taxis and BMW’s the lack of use of the indicators is rife especially on roundabouts.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    Normally associated with taxis and BMW’s the lack of use of the indicators is rife especially on roundabouts.
    Lack of indication is definitely not restricted to one or two types of driver these days.
    I was trying to get out of the retail park at Hermiston Gait this evening and the amount of vehicles coming out of the barriered exit from Edinburgh Park and going all the way around the outside of the r-a-b with zero indication was a pi$$ take.

A long, long two way road that's 40mph. Overtaking isn't really an option.

Why do some drivers vary their speed (yesterday's example) between 28 and 48 for no reason other than they're not very good at driving?

Does ma nut in!
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    The roadworks at the bottom of Easter road/Lochend Road

Been said before but Red light runners who prevent you from turning right before the traffic from the other direction comes at you, does my nut in.