hibs.net Messageboard

Page 60 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,800 of 3430
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've noticed that recently, stopping at red lights has become optional.
    Ah, you've adopted the Birmingham amendment to the traffic light laws.

I suppose our peeves are small beer to the drivers currently stuck in the queues at Suez!

2. Log in to remove the advert

I've noticed that recently, stopping at red lights has become optional.
    Used to be amber gamblers, now it's red gamblers. I was crossing the lights at George St heading east at Hanover when an Uber decided the red didn't apply to him and he came flying over the junction coming from Princes St. I was bloody furious as I had a punter in the taxi at the time and had to slamm my breaks on.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Used to be amber gamblers, now it's red gamblers. I was crossing the lights at George St heading east at Hanover when an Uber decided the red didn't apply to him and he came flying over the junction coming from Princes St. I was bloody furious as I had a punter in the taxi at the time and had to slamm my breaks on.
    It’s getting that bad that if I am approaching lights that have just changed to green, I am always on the lookout for the late red light runner coming across the junction.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    It’s getting that bad that if I am approaching lights that have just changed to green, I am always on the lookout for the late red light runner coming across the junction.

My wife mumps when I give myself an extra a second or 2 at a junction/lights, and says yeah but it’ll be their fault if there’s a crash’. I agree, but remind her that I’d rather just avoid a crash altogether than have to worry about who’s fault it is whilst getting cut out of a car wreck

Delivery drivers (DPD, etc)

I get that for a lot of them they're working to a tight schedule with many drop offs but is there really any need to be driving so fast through residential areas and sitting up other drivers' *****?

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    People who park in the drop off/pick up area at the hospital.

There's a car park within literally the same walking distance but it causes absolute havoc at rush times. Two or three cars take the space of five and it spills right back out onto the road.

Completely inconsiderate.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    I’ve mentioned previously the folk that put the cone out to reserve their preferred space in my development’s car park. There’s a new annoyance taking up spaces in the car park now. Some guy has taken to putting fitness equipment across several parking spaces and doing a workout there for an hour at a time. Take it to the communal grass area or the park 2 mins away, mate and let me park there.

Drivers who indicate when driving a bend......why?

Can't say I've ever noticed that.

I'll now have to go for a wee drive in the car to see if I can spot anybody doing it...

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    There are some roads where you can see how it happens (i.e. where 'straight on' takes you on to a different road but the road you're on curves right (poor road markings don't help here), and I think some folk just err on the side of caution if they're unsure. Doesn't do any harm, but totally unnecessary at the same time.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    General roundabout etiquette at the roundabout in Carnwath. The general trend seems to be to wait until you’re just about hitting before indicating you’re turning left.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Can't say I've ever noticed that.

I'll now have to go for a wee drive in the car to see if I can spot anybody doing it...
    You must have noticed it over here? It's the law if you're on a signed priority road that curves to the left or right at junctions.

Or indicate on a piece of road where you can only go one direction, e.g. going from Sth Charlotte St to Lothian Rd, no need to indicate right and then left as you can only go that way.

@hibs.net private member
    Or indicate on a piece of road where you can only go one direction, e.g. going from Sth Charlotte St to Lothian Rd, no need to indicate right and then left as you can only go that way.
    To be fair, I often do similar. I'm not indicating for other drivers, but for pedestrians who may well not know the lane markings and therefore the way I am planning to go.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by AltheHibby View Post
    To be fair, I often do similar. I'm not indicating for other drivers, but for pedestrians who may well not know the lane markings and therefore the way I am planning to go.
    Yes, a peeve of mine is when I'm out walking and drivers not indicating. Many drivers forget you indicate to let other road users know your intentions. Pedestrians are road users.

You must have noticed it over here? It's the law if you're on a signed priority road that curves to the left or right at junctions.

Do you really think my wife let me drive when I was in Germany?

Oh that's so touchingly naive.

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    A lot of that behaviour is force of habit. I've seen myself hitting the indiciator coming out of the drive, I stay in a quiet cul-de-sac
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

Mobility scooters on the road that shouldn’t be.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Do you really think my wife let me drive when I was in Germany?

Oh that's so touchingly naive.

I'm taking notes in case I actually meet her.

Mobility scooters on the road that shouldn’t be.
    Agree with this. Also, I've noticed a new trend of runners running on the road when there's a pavement available. Bizarre.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    I just got a new Kia Sportage and it has this lane thing that if you drift the car corrects it self, anyone know if you can turn this off, very annoying so it is.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    I just got a new Kia Sportage and it has this lane thing that if you drift the car corrects it self, anyone know if you can turn this off, very annoying so it is.
    See my post further up this thread. If it is anything like the Rio and C’eed you have to turn it off at the start of each journey. On the C’eed there’s a button on the panel between the dashboard and drivers door with a car in between two lanes. If there’s something similar in your car press that. It is a faff and a half in a Rio to do the same thing.

Edit: this is the button you want

https://www.google.com/search?q=kia+lane+assist+button&rlz=1CDGOYI_enGB62 2GB622&hl=en-GB&prmd=ivn&sxsrf=ALeKk02G2viPzwoDTpyCyrpqzIqPM6_n AA:1617975366146&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ah UKEwiUj9D3o_HvAhXJgv0HHWfeCIoQ_AUoAXoECAIQAQ&biw=4 14&bih=720&dpr=2#imgrc=AvyIVrZ7rxqSyM

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    See my post further up this thread. If it is anything like the Rio and C’eed you have to turn it off at the start of each journey. On the C’eed there’s a button on the panel between the dashboard and drivers door with a car in between two lanes. If there’s something similar in your car press that. It is a faff and a half in a Rio to do the same thing.

Edit: this is the button you want

https://www.google.com/search?q=kia+...AvyIVrZ7rxqSyM
    Thanks, will have a look when I go out.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Mine is 3 years old but it’s on the dash to the right of the steering wheel.

I'm taking notes in case I actually meet her.

You're not actually going to tell her all the stories I've posted about her on here, are you?

To the driver of the van with Secom on the side who harassed me and my family in a 20mph limit road near Tesco in Corstorphine recently: I'm stil looking for you. And when I find you you're getting a slap. Ye ken?

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Mine is 3 years old but it’s on the dash to the right of the steering wheel.
    That wasn’t hard to find, now back to swerving all over the road again. Thanks.

First Team Breakthrough
    Having to deal with car salesmen. I am yet to encounter a decent one. I know its their job to get you to buy something so will basically say anything, but I have yet to find one who makes me think that the only reason they are doing that job is that they couldn't get another one due to sheer incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey1875 View Post
    Having to deal with car salesmen. I am yet to encounter a decent one. I know its their job to get you to buy something so will basically say anything, but I have yet to find one who makes me think that the only reason they are doing that job is that they couldn't get another one due to sheer incompetence.

The last time I went to a Car Showroom, we were immediately approached by a Salesman and he started the usual sales babble.

I cut him off half way through a sentence by saying "That's really fascinating, but if we have any questions, I'll give you a shout".

He went off in the huff... and we bought the car we'd went in to look at from one of his colleagues.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey1875 View Post
    I've certainly came across salesman that make me walk of the courtyard or out the sofa shop. I can't put my finger on what character trait it is but if there was a group of friends, the salesman I've encountered will be the dick that has seen and done everything before you.
    The best salesman I've encountered was a guy called Eddie that worked with West End Skoda. He reminded me a little of Gil Gunderson from The Simpsons. No pressure whatsoever, appeared to operate with honesty and it was a pleasure doing business with him.