hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Incident at the goal

Utter **** whoever decided to throw a broken glass bottle into the Hibs stand from the Wheatfield stand during the celebration of their goal. Fortunately I don't think anyone was hurt but it landed just a few feet along from me on the wheelchair platform.

The consequences could have been disastrous for anyone it may have struck.

The police and stewards were aware of it so hopefully the culprit is picked up on CCTV.

Absolutely shameful behaviour.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Yeah, unbelievable madness. Very lucky it didn't cause serious injury. Can't have missed you by much?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Utter **** whoever decided to throw a broken glass bottle into the Hibs stand from the Wheatfield stand during the celebration of their goal. Fortunately I don't think anyone was hurt but it landed just a few feet along from me on the wheelchair platform.

The police and stewards were aware of it so hopefully the culprit is picked up on CCTV.

That's shocking. Really hope that the person responsible for this stupid and cowardly act is caught and gets a suitable punishment.

Tbh jail is the only suitable punishment, it flew past my eye line at some speed, that wasn't 'lobbed' over

Disgrace.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

They are absolute ****bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaff View Post
    Yeah, unbelievable madness. Very lucky it didn't cause serious injury. Can't have missed you by much?
    It landed about 10ft away from me. I actually moved along just before kick off. If I had stayed in my original space, it would have probably hit me.

It landed about 10ft away from me. I actually moved along just before kick off. If I had stayed in my original space, it would have probably hit me.
    Glad to hear you are ok

****bags. Glad to hear it didn't hit anyone but if it had that would have been very nasty indeed.

Watched game on TV as am in Spain just now. Now I may be wrong but was sure I saw a banana thrown from the new stand area towards Bartley, down near corner with our fans. May be wrong but certainly looked that way to me and the guys (neutrals) in the pub

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck Stanton View Post
    Watched game on TV as am in Spain just now. Now I may be wrong but was sure I saw a banana thrown from the new stand area towards Bartley, down near corner with our fans. May be wrong but certainly looked that way to me and the guys (neutrals) in the pub
    Don’t think it was. Something was thrown at Malinkovic just after he had squared up to Marv.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Don’t think it was. Something was thrown at Malinkovic just after he had squared up to Marv.
    Think it was a pie and it came from a brain dead Hibs fan. throwing bottles is something far more serious and I agree should bea court case and a severe penalty. Mindless acts like throwing a bottle can have life changing consequences if someone is hit.

That’s terrible! When you say broken, you mean it was broken prior to being thrown at the hibs fans? (Know it maybe doesn’t make a great deal of difference would just seen more pre-meditated)

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Shocking - but let's not think for a minute that we don't have the same element of Neanderthal in our support.

The vast majority however in both supports are relatively decent folk as seen and heard on 30 minutes.

I was speaking to Policeman I know said he was hit by a coin thrown from the Hibs end and both sets of fans were throwing coins. (He is a Hibby so no agenda)

Certainly there are idiots on both sides however I agree if the bottle thrower is identified they should be jailed.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Think it was a pie and it came from a brain dead Hibs fan. throwing bottles is something far more serious and I agree should bea court case and a severe penalty. Mindless acts like throwing a bottle can have life changing consequences if someone is hit.
    Definitely a pie, was thrown from near me.

Didn't know about the bottle incident, seriously unpleasant.

My experience today was of crowd generally very subdued, and better behaved than usual. Worst thing I saw all day was the huge amount of vandalism on the route from Roseburn, presumably the graffiti was sprayed under the cover of the "corteo".

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    That’s terrible! When you say broken, you mean it was broken prior to being thrown at the hibs fans? (Know it maybe doesn’t make a great deal of difference would just seen more pre-meditated)
    I believe so, I can't be certain but I didn't see it smash or anything. I just saw the top of a bottle lying on the wheelchair platform, a wee boy in tears as he was frightened and several people going mental trying to report it to the police and stewards.

Idiots throwing coins and pies on both sides. No excuse for that whatsoever but a glass bottle is a whole different level of idiocy, that could have caused a very serious injury and possibly even blinded someone if they got glass shattered in their eye.

Bizarre way to celebrate your team scoring anyway Moronic, cowardly act of the highest order.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Definitely a pie, was thrown from near me.

Didn't know about the bottle incident, seriously unpleasant.

My experience today was of crowd generally very subdued, and better behaved than usual. Worst thing I saw all day was the huge amount of vandalism on the route from Roseburn, presumably the graffiti was sprayed under the cover of the "corteo".
    Not today's 'corteo'. I was ahead of the procession and the graffiti was already there. Maybe it was placed there during an earlier derby.

Quote Originally Posted by Aim Here View Post
    Not today's 'corteo'. I was ahead of the procession and the graffiti was already there. Maybe it was placed there during an earlier derby.
    I walked back that way after the last one and it wasn't there then, looked freshly done, could have been done earlier this morning I suppose but would have taken a lot of people a lot of time to do that volume of spraying.

Bottle was thrown first as soon as they scored. Then for a few minutes coins were thrown by both sets of fans. Folks need to get a grip. Hate each other for 90 mins without resorting to that

The bottle being thrown is a disgrace but both are an act of cowardice

Nothing unusual from them.. my first Tynecastle memory is of a golf ball flying over my head as they scored.. ass holes

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    I believe so, I can't be certain but I didn't see it smash or anything. I just saw the top of a bottle lying on the wheelchair platform, a wee boy in tears as he was frightened and several people going mental trying to report it to the police and stewards.
    There was paramedics over beside the wee boy apparently so he may well have been struck by it. Absolute ****bags. There was also a lot of coins thrown unfortunately by both sets of fans but a glass bottle is a lot more likely to cause serious/permanent damage. There was also a steward who was lying sparkled out on his back in front of the area where the bottle came from. I don't know if he slipped or if somebody floored him but he was down for a good few seconds and he didn't look to sure about getting back up.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    There was paramedics over beside the wee boy apparently so he may well have been struck by it. Absolute ****bags. There was also a lot of coins thrown unfortunately by both sets of fans but a glass bottle is a lot more likely to cause serious/permanent damage. There was also a steward who was lying sparkled out on his back in front of the area where the bottle came from. I don't know if he slipped or if somebody floored him but he was down for a good few seconds and he didn't look to sure about getting back up.
    If it's the same wee boy I'm talking about (front row of the "upper tier") then thankfully he just got a fright as the woman he was with said that to the steward who was checking on him.

First Team Regular
    I was right behind a small kid when this happened, if it hadn't have been for a small metal bar, he was taking it full on in the face, both off us and a few others were showered in glass, how now one got hurt was just pure luck, nothing else.
    I will be contacting the police tomorrow to ask.if they will be following this is up. The bottle came in like a missile, not lobbed etc.
    I don't hold hearts responsible for an obvious idiots behaviour but how on earth do you get in with a 750ml bottle of buckfast and not get spotted.
    It really could have been so much worse, frightening to be honest to think that a child could have been seriously injured due to an individual's behaviour at a football match.

If it's the same wee boy I'm talking about (front row of the "upper tier") then thankfully he just got a fright as the woman he was with said that to the steward who was checking on him.
    It would have been. Good news that he wasn't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by fishybeaver View Post
    I was right behind a small kid when this happened, if it hadn't have been for a small metal bar, he was taking it full on in the face, both off us and a few others were showered in glass, how now one got hurt was just pure luck, nothing else.
    I will be contacting the police tomorrow to ask.if they will be following this is up. The bottle came in like a missile, not lobbed etc.
    I don't hold hearts responsible for an obvious idiots behaviour but how on earth do you get in with a 750ml bottle of buckfast and not get spotted.
    It really could have been so much worse, frightening to be honest to think that a child could have been seriously injured due to an individual's behaviour at a football match.
    To be fair, I don't think anyone can be blamed for someone getting in with it. Short of stopping and patting down every single person going into the stadium it's impossible to spot someone concealing one, especially at this time of year. With the amount of clothes I had on today and the fact I didn't get searched I probably could have snuck 5 or 6 bottles in. As you said though, that bottle hits someone in the face at the speed that it came in and there's a decent chance whoever it hit would be blind and permanently disfigured.

First Team Regular
    It would have been. Good news that he wasn't hurt.
    It was him, today was his lucky day!!

Quote Originally Posted by fishybeaver View Post
    As the home team, Hearts are responsible for the stewarding though and if it had been more serious then that's what would have played out in court if it had got that far. They would have been liable.

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour from the person responsible. Who celebrates a late derby goal by deciding to chuck a glass bottle into the opposition fans?

Plenty coins for them to collect to keep their team going then.
    Don't you just hate that manky mob. Utter trash they are. Hope they die. Again.