hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Rudest footballer you have ever met

Along the lines of the other thread with a similar title. To be honest I've not came across any rude footballers but 2 of my mates bumped into Lionel Messi in New York and he wasn't too friendly.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    My brother literally got barged into by Yogi walking past the Persevere and he wasn’t too nice about it.

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    Craig Thomson of Hearts & the sex offenders register fame.

Met him on a night out (before all the sex offender stuff) and he was a total ****er.
    PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    John Baird. Just as much of a wee fanny off the pitch as he is on it

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Along the lines of the other thread with a similar title. To be honest I've not came across any rude footballers but 2 of my mates bumped into Lionel Messi in New York and he wasn't too friendly.
    A bit Argy bargy, I suppose?

Left by mutual consent!
    Norman Whiteside at Edinburgh airport.

Left by mutual consent!
    Steven Craigan caught my eye when he was pitchside pundit not that far from me in the West Stand prior to the teams coming out for the start of a game. Tried to stare me out with a hardman glare but I can glare back too and he flinched before I did.

Hun loving clown that he is. Can't stand him.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Here we go ten in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    My brother literally got barged into by Yogi walking past the Persevere and he wasn’t too nice about it.
    Yogi used to take my football training around 20 years ago. He was occasionally a bit grumpy or a bit radge but generally a good guy

Dougie Imrie.

Saw him in a pub/club in Wishae, and my pal who's an Accies fan went up to him, and made a wee joke about how he'll probably be the only Accies fan he'll meet all night in there (Obviously down to Wishae being full of huns.)

Imrie responded by telling him to **** off, or he'd stick the heid in him.

Needless to say, my pal isn't his biggest fan at Accies.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle1875 View Post
    Dougie Imrie.

Saw him in a pub/club in Wishae, and my pal who's an Accies fan went up to him, and made a wee joke about how he'll probably be the only Accies fan he'll meet all night in there (Obviously down to Wishae being full of huns.)

A stange WEE man

Might be staiting the obvious but I met Kyle Lafferty when he played for Rangers and he was a total dick.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Castle1875 View Post
    Dougie Imrie.

Is it just me, or is he a bit of a strange looking chap?

His head seems out of proportion with his small body.

Quote Originally Posted by DelcyRodriguez View Post

Absolutely. Massive hun too, so with all the years of inbreeding which goes in to those 'staunch' families, not entirely surprising.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    A bit Argy bargy, I suppose?

@hibs.net private member Eaststand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    Rude van Nistelroy

:-) sorry, i couldn't resist it

GGTTH

GGTTH

First Team Regular leithsansiro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig_HFC View Post
    Craig Thomson of Hearts & the sex offenders register fame.

Met him on a night out (before all the sex offender stuff) and he was a total ****er.
    I'd have to actually disagree with you there. I'd met him a few times through knowing his parents and he always came across as a decent person and quite quiet. Clearly, in hindsight, not all that good a guy though

Met Craig Levein at Hampden when he was Scotland manager, wasn't suprised that he wasn't particularly civil.

This one depends on how you look at it. We were at Glasgow airport and the Fenerbahce team were there. People where getting photos and autographs and the usual stuff, I even got photos with Nani and RVP. There was a wee guy there probably about 14 or 15 and he buzzing about everywhere and you could see he was having a great time meating all these players and getting photos taken with them, that was until he went up to RVP who promptly told him to f uck off and didn't do the photo. Bear in mind he'd let others have a photo, including me and then let another couple of folks get one. The wee guy was devastated and nearly in tears and you could see he was gutted. Now when your reading this your probably thinking RVP was a right barsteward but if I tell you his reason for no photo you might think different. The reason (I think and from what I could tell) was because the wee guy had a hearts top on. Now I admit I found it funny at the time but upon reflection I think he was pretty much out of order and I'd have been raging if it had been my son.

Sounds fair enough to me.

First Team Regular dalkeith stu's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: hibeestu07
    Darren Dods, when he was breaking into the 1st team gave it the "do you know who I am" at my work while he was on a night out with his family. Fa**y!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DelcyRodriguez View Post

Designed for putting the heid on folk hence the challenge. What a dick he sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    This one depends on how you look at it. We were at Glasgow airport and the Fenerbahce team were there. People where getting photos and autographs and the usual stuff, I even got photos with Nani and RVP. There was a wee guy there probably about 14 or 15 and he buzzing about everywhere and you could see he was having a great time meating all these players and getting photos taken with them, that was until he went up to RVP who promptly told him to f uck off and didn't do the photo. Bear in mind he'd let others have a photo, including me and then let another couple of folks get one. The wee guy was devastated and nearly in tears and you could see he was gutted. Now when your reading this your probably thinking RVP was a right barsteward but if I tell you his reason for no photo you might think different. The reason (I think and from what I could tell) was because the wee guy had a hearts top on. Now I admit I found it funny at the time but upon reflection I think he was pretty much out of order and I'd have been raging if it had been my son.
    I’ve seen RvP a few times when he was at Arsenal and he always came across as a genuinely nice guy. It was clearly the hertz rag that did it.

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    Quite right, you should have watched where you were going.. Those wee granny's fi Leith would give you alot worse!!!😂😂 My worst was Martin Boyle and Fraser Fyvie was a d*ck too.

Left by mutual consent!
    Paul Hartley when at Hibs. ****er.

First Team Breakthrough
    Steven fletcher, meet him in Glasgow with my bird. On the best side my Jambo brother( I know ) met Paul Hartley an called him fat (not long after he retired ) almost a melee in the pub. It was genius

Well mine just happened to be a then Hearts player! Henry Smith!!

Big galoot came along with Gary Mackay and John Robertson to take part in a penalty kick competition for charity.

They all took turns in goals and all the kids and watching adults were enjoying the laughs.

Thats until Henry was between the sticks...... as each we lad took his kick Smith saved them all. The youngsters were upset at not standing a chance with self proclaimed

big head in goal.

One of the parents shouted "come on Henry gie the laddies a chance here its for Charity" to which he replied quite sternly " im not paid to let them in, i keep them out"

Well, i thought the parents and friends were going to lynch him!

Mackay came to his rescue and apologised to me for his behaviour and offered him and Robbo to take penalties against him and give £5 for everyone they scored.

Did they not belt that ball at him and our charity got a bit of extra money to boot! Horrible man!!!

First Team Breakthrough
    Asked jock stein for his autograph when I was about 12, outside ER after u21 game. He just barged passed me almost putting me on my erse. Not a nice guy .

Met wee fat Robbo in the Chesser one night and must admit he was absoloute class. Chatted away for ages about all things football, he was with Tosh McKinley who on the other hand was a big headed clown who really thought he was something else , and was just rude . My mate ( a jambo) was close to lamping him one , but Robbo talked him calm.

Ryan Giggs. Was 1994 he just broke into the man u team. Refused me an autograph, I was only 12. Gutted and never forgot it.

He was actually with Dennis Irwin who I completely ignored.

Gary 'Medals' Mackay by a country mile.

No stories, no pack drill.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Scott Nisbet with Kano a close second.