hibs.net Messageboard

Andy robertson - liverpool fc

Plays each game as if it might be his last ever game, as if his life depends upon it. Can't remember a player who works so hard for his team. Fast becoming a cult figure at Anfield I hear. What an attitude, what a player! Seems a humble lad as well. A great role model.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Great player, big big future.

Yea he’s some player. Can’t remember Scotland having so many good left backs at once. Robertson, Tierney and Barry Douglas is on the form of his life yet still unlikely to get a cap due to them two.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plays each game as if it might be his last ever game, as if his life depends upon it. Can't remember a player who works so hard for his team. Fast becoming a cult figure at Anfield I hear. What an attitude, what a player! Seems a humble lad as well. A great role model.
    Lewis Stevenson?

Don’t understand why Strachan didn’t have Tierney left back Robertson Left mid.

The lad just gets better and better

There has to be a way for the next manager to shoehorn both left backs in to the team down that left wing for Scotland

Look how bale transformed.

We've got a talented bunch of youngsters coming through. Need a manager brave enough to play attacking football

Tierney at right back is wasted. I'd play him for Scotland in the centre. He's good enough there.

Calum Paterson doing very well at high flying Cardiff.

First Team Breakthrough cabbage_88's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmy1875 View Post
    Said this as well for ages now!! Would work brilliantly imo. When Robertson plays left back he's usually further forward than the left mid the majority of the game with his overlapping runs. Would be amazed if the next manager didn't give this a go. Superb player, his crossing is tremendous

I'm no expert, but is there a risk that they would stifle each other forward runs.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by canuckhibee View Post
    Yes have to hold my hands up and admit to being totally wrong about this guy. Was disappointed when we signed him, said he wasn't good enough and we needed far better. Boom what an erse😁.
    His one man pressing of the whole city backline on Sunday was something else. If he continues in this form he will become an Anfield hero for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    Yes have to hold my hands up and admit to being totally wrong about this guy. Was disappointed when we signed him, said he wasn't good enough and we needed far better. Boom what an erse😁.
    His one man pressing of the whole city backline on Sunday was something else. If he continues in this form he will become an Anfield hero for a long time.
    Well said - wondered when you would make comment on Robertson. He's impressed many and is continuing to improve.

What's the views of the Liverpool fans down south.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Well said - wondered when you would make comment on Robertson. He's impressed many and is continuing to improve.

What's the views of the Liverpool fans down south.
    I live up here mate so can only relay what my ST holding mates have told me, something along the lines of finally another great jock in a Liverpool team😁

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    That run was brilliant - wife and I were both laughing and roaring him on......

Been saying this for ages. The two of them together down the left would run riot with their constant overlapping, cutting inside, tracking back. A threat going forward and pretty solid defensively.