hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member

Safe Standing At Easter Road

I am looking to collate information from Hibs supporters on the possibility of Safe Standing being introduced at Easter Road to then take forward to the Club for initial discussion. This will no doubt be the first of a couple of surveys required to collate supporter feedback.

I would appreciate if you can take a minute of your time to complete the below survey. It's multiple choice, so quick and simple. It's also mobile/tablet friendly.

Thanks in advance - I will share results and outcome of discussions with the Club in due course.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/TFC28P6

Cheers

Ross

2. Log in to remove the advert

Would love this. East stand please. Initially would have said FF lower, but do not think the singing section works in this stand.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    better chance of getting loyalty points back than there is of getting standing, unfortunately

Testimonial Due
    Done ..... good luck and well done for giving it a go.

@hibs.net private member aljo7-0's Avatar
    Done.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Marvin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would love this. East stand please. Initially would have said FF lower, but do not think the singing section works in this stand.
    I think it would have to be FF Lower. I don't think the East would work unless at the very end...which I don't think would be attractive to those wanting to stand.

Done. Good luck.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Done.

No chance this will happen because it would cost a load of cash to put in place and won't bring much new cash in.

e.g. The current public address system is not fit for purpose, the club know this but don't see it being worth spending money on to put it right.

The club is all about bringing more money in not spending more money unnecessarily. Hence the endless and expensive player of the year, hall of fame dinners, shows, hospitality packages, mascot packages, special cup final memorabilia, opportunities to play at Easter Road etc etc etc

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Cost Cetic £500,000 for 2600 spaces so around £200 per space.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Done.

Wouldn't be willing to contribute to it.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 14-01-2018 at 07:45 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    Cost Cetic £500,000 for 2600 spaces so around £200 per space.
    That section cost just under £300k. Current estimates are £100 per seat - price variable clearly depending and condition of current area, area chosen (e.g. Celtic section is curved), price of materials in current market.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    That section cost just under £300k. Current estimates are £100 per seat - price variable clearly depending and condition of current area, area chosen (e.g. Celtic section is curved), price of materials in current market.
    I just took the figures from a report at the time, how many spaces would be required and would capacity be increased or decreased for safe standing TIA

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Done. Can't see it happening but the information will be interesting all the same.

Done, hope something can materialise in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    I am looking to collate information from Hibs supporters on the possibility of Safe Standing being introduced at Easter Road to then take forward to the Club for initial discussion. This will no doubt be the first of a couple of surveys required to collate supporter feedback.

I would appreciate if you can take a minute of your time to complete the below survey. It's multiple choice, so quick and simple. It's also mobile/tablet friendly.

Thanks in advance - I will share results and outcome of discussions with the Club in due course.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/TFC28P6

Cheers

Ross
    Done,
    Well done in taking this forward I’d love to see this implemented at ER.

If you answer No to supporting the introduction of safe standing, why are you then forced to say which part of the stadium you think is most suitable for it?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    If you answer No to supporting the introduction of safe standing, why are you then forced to say which part of the stadium you think is most suitable for it?

Valid point. I will try amend for future submissions.

@hibs.net private member
    I've filled it in but I'm not sure about the methodology of the survey. I answered I wasn't in favour of safe standing. I was then asked what area the safe standing would be best in. My answer would have been none or in a new area/corner. I never got the option so chose south lower.

Hope you get a good few replies and it will be interesting to see what fans think. It's purely a money thing for me. If we needed extra space then I would definitely say it was worth looking at. That isn't the case currently and I would rather we spent money making us better on the field.

Done. Would love to see safe standing in the section behind the goals in FF lower.

If people had shown a little forethought and agreed to a two tier stand when we replaced the east the bottom tier would have been perfect.

Instead we got "aye but cannae hae any atmosphere wi two tiers but" and there's now nowhere sensible for it to go.

Bizarrely, some people still don't seem to understand that introducing a safe standing area would have zero effect on capacity!

Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    Bizarrely, some people still don't seem to understand that introducing a safe standing area would have zero effect on capacity!
    It would if it was in the north east corner 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post

Was going to make the same point.

Seems a very one sided survey.

How about a question about what your actions would be if Safe Standing was to be introduced in the area where you sit. For example, would you join them, move somewhere else, give up your season ticket.

I'd be for it. Would have to be the East though, where the singing section really should be anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    If people had shown a little forethought and agreed to a two tier stand when we replaced the east the bottom tier would have been perfect.

Instead we got "aye but cannae hae any atmosphere wi two tiers but" and there's now nowhere sensible for it to go.
    The single tier East Stand was a cost based decision.

The single tier East Stand was a cost based decision.
    No it wasn't. Hibs offered us both choices and the fans overwhelmingly backed the single tier. There was only about .5m of a difference and hibs would've built either.

Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    I'd be for it. Would have to be the East though, where the singing section really should be anyway.
    Agreed. Make it the back ten rows the length of the Stand and it'd be immense 🇳🇬

@hibs.net private member
    I think I am the only one that mentioned capacity. I'm pretty sure I understand the arguments but please enlighten me if I don't. My thoughts are if we need more capacity we would have to build into the corners or such like. At that point standing becomes a good option. If we keep the same footprint then for me it is peeing money down the drain.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    I think I am the only one that mentioned capacity. I'm pretty sure I understand the arguments but please enlighten me if I don't. My thoughts are if we need more capacity we would have to build into the corners or such like. At that point standing becomes a good option. If we keep the same footprint then for me it is peeing money down the drain.
    I agree, we don't need more capacity. The thought of introducing safe standing has nothing to do with capacity. It's about improving the atmosphere and choice for the support (in modern speak the match day experience).

Perhaps if you'd said 'we don't need to pee money down the drain trying to keep the fans happy or trying to improve the atmosphere at games' rather than making reference to capacity your post would've been clearer 😉

In my defence I'm multi tasking this debate between here, the Bounce and Facebook! Apologies if my response here had been influenced by others posts from elsewhere..

First Team Breakthrough
    If it costs £200 a seat/stand to put in what about if those people who wanted to stand paid £200 for their spot and then they could have it for as long as they kept their season ticket. Obviously you would need to wait until every space was paid for and you would see if the demand is there. If people really want to stand what’s £200 if it makes your experience better. At the end of the day it can really only happen in the east and sure I read that the gradient is to steep it’s certainly not going to happen in the ff lower.