hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Support leaving early

Was disappointed yesterday to see so many of our support leave in last few minutes of the game yesterday. Our fans have been fantastic with season ticket sales etc, but at 1-1 with Hibs doing all the pressing, why are so many leaving early?! Just don’t get it.

Im sure the players can see it too, which must be a bit demoralising for them.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I can already see how this threads going to go.

Quote Originally Posted by angus hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was disappointed yesterday to see so many of our support leave in last few minutes of the game yesterday. Our fans have been fantastic with season ticket sales etc, but at 1-1 with Hibs doing all the pressing, why are so many leaving early?! Just don’t get it.

Theres probably quite a few reasons why folk leave early. Off the top of my head:

To get back to their motor before the crowds
    To catch a bus before the crowds
    To get back to the boozer before the crowds
    Not wanting to get stuck in the ques in the East at the end

Each to their own, its nothing to do with anybody else what time people choose to arrive , leave, go down for pies ect

Personally, I never leave early myself, no matter what the score.

On the other hand, 99% of the time MrsH6270 always leaves with 5 minutes to go.

Simple explanation. She just does not like being amongst people in confined crowded spaces. Call it a phobia. Call it a condition. I don’t know but it certainly has no reflection on her support for the team. In fact nothing could be further from the truth!!

It's an every week thing mate. It's baffling and I don't see it on this level with other clubs.

Be lots of replies on the way getting all defensive about not wanting to wait 10 mins to applaud the players and shuffle put the stadium....

Quote Originally Posted by wearethehibs View Post
    I can already see how this threads going to go.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/tyqcJoNjNv0Fq/giphy.gif

Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    Personally, I never leave early myself, no matter what the score.

On the other hand, 99% of the time MrsH6270 always leaves with 5 minutes to go.

Simple explanation. She just does not like being amongst people in confined crowded spaces. Call it a phobia. Call it a condition. I don’t know but it certainly has no reflection on her support for the team. In fact nothing could be further from the truth!!
    That is totally fair enough and you shouldn't have to explain that one.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SKIPSTER07
    No problem with folk leaving early but if your going just go and dont stop on the steps half a dozen times blocking everyones view. cheers

I think lots of people leave their seat early but skulk about on the stairway and in the vomitoriums watching the game.

Could just have dug up one of the other 3257 threads on this topic.

I wish the stewards would move the folk who leave there seat early only to stand at the bottom of the stairs in the east.
    IF YOUR LEAVING ..LEAVE

Keep the faith, are you serious?

Did you see the Dundee United end at St Mirren on Friday night with 5 minutes to go? Empty.

Folks left Hampden when the second Rangers goal went in on 21.05.2016, so I'll concede it does happen at Hibs but only at Hibs? You're joking.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Guy behind me stood all game shouting abuse at his own players. He decided to leave early, put his tri colour in his pocket sang a song about a refugee, then headed to the ticket office to give staff abuse about his loyalty points.

Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post

Did you see the Dundee United end at St Mirren on Friday night with 5 minutes to go? Empty.

Folks left Hampden when the second Rangers goal went in on 21.05.2016, so I'll concede it does happen at Hibs but only at Hibs? You're joking.
    Of course not only at us mate, but here it's a regular thing rather than a reaction to a particularly bad score or performance.

I just think it's time supporters made a bit more effort at times to see a game through. Obviously subject to health or family issues.

Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    It's an every week thing mate. It's baffling and I don't see it on this level with other clubs.

Be lots of replies on the way getting all defensive about not wanting to wait 10 mins to applaud the players and shuffle put the stadium....
    Happens with every club.

Unless you've got plans, if you're out the house for 2-3+ hours i'm not sure what difference getting home 10/15/20 minutes later would make. Each to their own and all that I guess.

@hibs.net private member
    I generally stay to the end but it takes ages to get out (F5 upper and the east are both the same) of the stadium so assume folk leave early to avoid it?

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Classic nae fitba for weeks thread.

This team has done so much to earn the support, if people aren't staying till the end now they never will. Same ones who won't bother when the going gets tough again.

We expect so much effort from the players for 90 minutes + but many don't give it themselves. Its not 11 Lewis Stevensons we need, its 17 thousand.

@hibs.net private member
    People should be allowed to leave when they choose. But if they do leave then can they please not just stand on the stairs as people who want to leave to get to the bar in the pub first can’t get past them. 😡

I'm sure the players can see it too, which must be a bit demoralising for them.
    We usually move from the FF Upper down to the Lower to watch the last few minutes from behind the goals, and notice quite a few others do that as well. Has the added benefit of being able to get out the ground quicker to avoid some of the ensuing traffic chaos.

Is that ok?

Should the players not be concentrating on what's happening on the pitch and not in the stands?

And anyway I walk down to empty seats at the front with about 5 mins left so that I can get a head start on the traffic at the final whistle. Plus on Sat, my 6 year old had just sat for 85+ mins in the freezing cold and decided he wanted to go. Should I have told him to stay anither 5 or so mins longer? We pay for a season ticket and it is up to us when we want to leave. If we miss a goal then so be it.

Is that ok?

Folk can do what they want. I doubt the players even notice.

I always stay to the end but it's not for me to decide what others do.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Theres probably quite a few reasons why folk leave early. Off the top of my head:

To get back to their motor before the crowds
    To catch a bus before the crowds
    To get back to the boozer before the crowds
    Not wanting to get stuck in the ques in the East at the end

Each to their own, its nothing to do with anybody else what time people choose to arrive , leave, go down for pies ect
    I moved seat early. Was in the back of the Famous Five stand so moved down to near an exit and watched the final few minutes. Saved getting stuck in the crowds.

I arrive early, so as to get away before everyone else.

If they are going they should just go. The getting up and then standing in the way when we only have minutes to go is nuts. 40 + people just standing on the steps or at the exit. What’s the point.

3 weeks until the next game, I wonder how many more threads we'll have on done to death topics like this one. 3 weeks to argue/pagger about who should be getting the cup tickets for tin castle should be on the agenda very soon I would think.
    Last edited by John_R_Corbett; 31-12-2017 at 04:13 PM.

I sit in the East and just got out the stand a couple of hours ago .

It is horrific. East dudes have to watch the rest of the ground empty and then get to leave 10 minutes later!
    I don't leave our stand early but understand those that do.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    if i leave the east just 2 mins earlier than the masses i can get down to my car in pilrig st and be out of town within 20-25 mins

but anyway, people can leave for whatever reason they want...stop being so nosey as to why

Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post

Dundee United were 2-0 down though! We were level and pushing for the winner. Don’t think many Killie fans appeared to leave before the end.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    I sit in the East and just got out the stand a couple of hours ago .

It is horrific. East dudes have to watch the rest of the ground empty and then get to leave 10 minutes later!
    I don't leave our stand early but understand those that do.
    I gave up sitting in the East for that reason.

I wish they'd look into building exit stairs onto the back of the stand.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.