hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 19,316

Yep, I think tonight's attendance (19,316) at Tynecastle officially confirms our suspicions that we definitely have the bigger stadium capacity.
    But, of course, we have yet to get the Jambos dubious take on this figure. Let's also keep in mind their 18,555 against Celtic at Tynie too.
    I'm sure there will be mass denial on Sickback.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Section directly behind the goal that wasn’t sold. And obviously the ones where the tv box was. Not sure there was 700 tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Did the roaster announcer yap on about sell outs?

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep, I think tonight's attendance (19,316) at Tynecastle officially confirms our suspicions that we definitely have the bigger stadium capacity.
    But, of course, we have yet to get the Jambos dubious take on this figure. Let's also keep in mind their 18,555 against Celtic at Tynie too.
    Big team my arse. Everyone knows ER has been and still is the bigger football stadium in Edinburgh. Also their midfield is s***.

Never mentioned sell out never mention crowd 😂😂😂

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    The difference between tonight’s “attendance” and the Celtic attendance can *probably* be partially explained by the fact HoMFC only give a full away stand in the league to us. A fair number of seats are out of action due to segregation. It is also the reason why the TV box was in the opposite stand at the Celtic game.

All in, there were less HoMFC fans there tonight than versus the Green Bigots.

Won't get a mention over there. Somehow I don't think the Sky studio took up 700 seats so it obviously less than the 20k+ they claim. Anyone able to give a decent estimate as to how many seats were taken up by the studio?

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    The difference between tonight’s “attendance” and the Celtic attendance can *probably* be partially explained by the fact HoMFC only give a full away stand in the league to us. A fair number of seats are out of action due to segregation. It is also the reason why the TV box was in the opposite stand at the Celtic game.

Celtic get the whole end.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    I beg your pardon, you are right. They only changed that this season.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post

Celtic had the whole away end.

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    I think you mean the hole end.

Easter Road is the bigger, better stadium. We ken it, they ken it, Patsy Kensit

Attendance is only one measure. Only 18500 had an unobstructed view. Shambles of a ground, shambles of a club.

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Easter Road is the bigger, better stadium. We ken it, they ken it, Patsy Kensit
    No comparison between the two. ER is on a different level to that shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Section directly behind the goal that wasn’t sold. And obviously the ones where the tv box was. Not sure there was 700 tho.

Why is that section directly behind the goal not sold but is so at the opposite end?

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    Why is that section directly behind the goal not sold but is so at the opposite end?
    Really no idea. I was in the seat right next to it and couldn’t work it out.

Bullocks as usual. Big team my arse.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Did the roaster announcer yap on about sell outs?
    Don’t think he mentioned it tonight, although I think it was as a sell out with allocated seats

Does it matter

Their capacity is only 19514. Trust me. They claimed a sell out tonight as the Sky studio occupied 200 seats. They had the pie and chip lounges open tonight in the tram shelter at ridiculous amount per head so no empty swaths of seats like most weeks.

Promising Youngster
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Their capacity is only 19514. Trust me. They claimed a sell out tonight as the Sky studio occupied 200 seats. They had the pie and chip lounges open tonight in the tram shelter at ridiculous amount per head so no empty swaths of seats like most weeks.
    And what was the official capacity before spending £15m ?

Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    I think they are worried that we will cut the string holding up the nets - you know, the bits of string attached to the poles in the crowd!

Tinpot club, tinpot stadium.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    Never mentioned sell out never mention crowd 😂😂😂

Aye he did, he announced it!

19,316 - sorry don't believe that.

Sounded like a library for most of the game. On telly, you could hear the Hibs fans pretty well, but virtually nothing from the home support.

They only found their voice halfway through the second half when the had their five minutes of pressure - a few "this is our story.....", the odd "hell hole, hell hole......"

But they were quiet for most of it. Not surprising - watching that team every week would hurt your eyes.

I hope they enjoyed their time at Murrayfield, as they will NEVER have a home crowd over 20,000 again.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Won't get a mention over there. Somehow I don't think the Sky studio took up 700 seats so it obviously less than the 20k+ they claim. Anyone able to give a decent estimate as to how many seats were taken up by the studio?
    Considering it needs to fit the biggest rrrrrrs in Andy Walker mibbie its a more sizeable structure than folks think.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

It's an uncomfortable truth for them but the reality is that even with their new "super stand", tynecastle is still only the second biggest football stadium in Edinburgh. And believe me it's a fact that very much sticks in their craw! Rather inconvenient to their whole "Big team, wee team" fantasy and their unhealthy obsession with getting one over on us in everything they do.

When the plans for the new stand were announced it was all about how they would get one up on hibs and finally have the bigger stadium - that has not materialised and it's a sickner. Tynecastle is a dull dingy colour, tacky and cheap looking, nothing attractive about it whatsoever. It will always be inferior to ER. But hey! Least they have the "biggest glass wall in Edinburgh" eh

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    £15M + is a small price to pay to leapfrog Kilmarnock (18,128) to now have the 6th largest stadium in Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    £15M + is a small price to pay to leapfrog Kilmarnock (18,128) to now have the 6th largest stadium in Scotland.
    Money well spent. Kilmarnock fans must be pig sick.

Major refurbishment needed in the Roseburn end but I am sure this will be ignored for DECADES to come.

Must be a H & S issue. Not familiar with all requirements for a safety licence to be issued but there were enough issues last night for the whole matter to be reviewed.

What Insurance company in their right mind would cover that shambles last night?