hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

Anyone still opposed to using TV to help ref's make decisions?

Last edited by BroxburnHibee; 28-12-2017 at 12:02 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://youtu.be/ZeaF7DXByU4
    Yeah the SFA and Hearts

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Not if the referee is incapable of seeing the obvious in front of him.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    Not if the referee is incapable of seeing the obvious in front of him.
    It wasn't obvious though. No way a ref or a linesman could confidently call that in real time.

Technology is the only way forward.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    It wasn't obvious though. No way a ref or a linesman could confidently call that in real time.

I estimate 90 % on first viewing thought it was in I also thought the attacking team got the benefit of the doubt ?

Extra official on the bye line may have spotted it. Also much cheaper than goal line technology

I agree re ref and linesman

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    I estimate 90 % on first viewing thought it was in I also thought the attacking team got the benefit of the doubt ?
    Don't get me wrong, clearly a goal but I thought the officials were very good today except that decision and I honestly don't think it was possible to call that goal confidently.

Don't get me wrong, clearly a goal but I thought the officials were very good today except that decision and I honestly don't think it was possible to call that goal confidently.
    From the officials' positions it wasn't, perhaps however if the assistant referee had been at the by line where he should have been, he might have noticed.

Why would anyone be opposed? Hawkeye works great in England. Costs a few quid, but that's the price of progress.

I'm for technology so long as it's instant. Wasn't impressed with the video ref thing at the confederation cup.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar

Tech might be the future, but......

I thought it was a goal from the back of the Roseburn. Ref and lino were 80 yards closer than me, FFS !

No excuse, they blew it.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    From the officials' positions it wasn't, perhaps however if the assistant referee had been at the by line where he should have been, he might have noticed.
    Easy to say that but he'd have to have kept up with Boyle to achieve that. And even then there might still have been a player in the way.

Clearly should've been a goal on the replay. My gut instinct was no goal. I'd have been wrong (as the linesman was) but it was close. An inch over the line maybe?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Easy to say that but he'd have to have kept up with Boyle to achieve that. And even then there might still have been a player in the way.

Clearly should've been a goal on the replay. My gut instinct was no goal. I'd have been wrong (as the linesman was) but it was close. An inch over the line maybe?
    It was a goal for me, and I was 100 yards away

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Sorry, that didn't need goal line technology. That needed eyes and a competant official.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post

No, but he had time to catch up after.

You're right though, it was over, but not by much. As annoyed as I am, it's at those not allowing goal line technology as opposed to the officials.

That was obviously a goal. I'd had 3 pints and was watching over someone's head on a wee screen in The Cask and Barrel and I called it as a blatant goal right away. No replays, technology or snazzy angles required, just fitter and more competent officials.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    No, but he had time to catch up after.

You're right though, it was over, but not by much. As annoyed as I am, it's at those not allowing goal line technology as opposed to the officials.
    What really pisses me off is the commentators going on about not giving it unless you're 100% sure.

Absolute nonsense and I hope that's just commentator rubbish rather than real guidelines. Go with your instincts and you'll get more right than wrong.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    That was obviously a goal. I'd had 3 pints and was watching over someone's head on a wee screen in The Cask and Barrel and I called it as a blatant goal right away. No replays, technology or snazzy angles required, just fitter and more competent officials.
    Disagree. I thought it was in but then of course I would! The speed that shot was hit it and the fact it was marginally over the line makes it very hard to blame the officials.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    https://youtu.be/ZeaF7DXByU4
    aye, the ****s employ the ****s that keep getting it wrong?
    Last edited by John_R_Corbett; 28-12-2017 at 11:34 AM.

I was low down at the other end of the stadium, and I was celebrating without any doubt that it hadnt crossed the line, couldn't believe it when they played on. Can accept that the linesman on that side may have had his view blocked but, it's incredible that the ref wasn't willing to make a judgement on his own, when it must have been clear to him that it was over.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I don't accept that it was a close decision. It was blatant, from the angle the ball dropped at, to the clear daylight between the line and the ball and also the reaction of both sets of players.

It was absolutely blatant.

Cheats.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Watching it at home I was on the third lap of the front room, arms aloft screaming like a mad demon before I realised the idiot hadn't given it.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I don't accept that it was a close decision. It was blatant, from the angle the ball dropped at, to the clear daylight between the line and the ball and also the reaction of both sets of players.

It was absolutely blatant.

Cheats.
    I dunno about actual cheating. If you were where the linesman was - with a defender and the near goalpost in the way, it was probably hard to call. Unfortunately, all the TV cameras caught it as a goal. All the more reason for goal line technology, though. We were robbed.

Lady luck is also taking the pee out of us as well. Twice now that the ball has bounced out the way rather than bouncing back into the net.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    The thing about this is that the ref never saw it, the lino never saw it, but the camera did see it... The camera always sees it. The camera can stop and rewind itself if it isn't sure, instead of relying on a lino who was miles behind the play. In the long run, the technology will be cheaper and more accurate than the incompetent buffoons we pay somewhere in the region of a couple of grand between them a match, to ruin in spectacular fashion... and they never get any comeback.

Scottish referees are sh*** to a man. The sooner we take away their responsibility for major decisions the better.

The point of football is to score goals. We scored a goal and because of sheer incompetence we didnt get it. The officials are there to do a job and didnt do it. Cant believe some are defending them.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Most big sports use video technology for important decisions. Tennis, cricket, rugby (union & league), American football, etc. It has now been accepted as “part of the game” and will be used more extensively in football eventually.

I must admit though that as far as football is concerned it is a must for it to be used in “is it a goal or not a goal” situations. That’s the most important aspect of a game. Fouls, penalties, throw ins, corners, bye kick decisions are to a lesser extent as crucial and sometimes not as clear cut in every case. Yes, they can have an influence on a game but nowhere near as much as deciding whether the ball crosses the goal line or not.

Sooner it’s brought in across the board for goal decisions, the better imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Watching it at home I was on the third lap of the front room, arms aloft screaming like a mad demon before I realised the idiot hadn't given it.
    Was clearly in on first viewing but I held back,never trust the ****ers in the black.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BS44 View Post
    Lady luck is also taking the pee out of us as well. Twice now that the ball has bounced out the way rather than bouncing back into the net.

My take on it is yes it was a goal and it should have been given, however the view of the linesman and ref was blocked by hearts players at the crucial moment! Your comment about luck. We got a Paul Hanlon goal given when it was nowhere near going over the line v Dunfermline in a game that relegated them.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Tech might be the future, but......

I thought it was a goal from the back of the Roseburn. Ref and lino were 80 yards closer than me, FFS !

No excuse, they blew it.
    That's the difference, you thought it was a goal whereby they had to be 100% certain it had crossed the line and they weren't, hence the decision could only go one way.