hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Silence of the Yams

Have you noticed that the Yams have suddenly found their voice? Is it the same in your work location / pub?

For months, the Yams have rarely wanted to engage in talking about football. Whether it be related to what's taking place on the pitch, or off it with their stadium.

However, this week, they can't wait to turn the subject to football and the Derby next week. Suddenly, they are world beaters again.

They are almost back to being insufferable, like they were prior to 21st May 2016. Let's hope, this time next week, they are back into their 'silent' mode. I like them better that way.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    The one reason why I don't engage with any. I find most fans of other teams in my acquaintance are up for a bit of a laugh and take the digs in good spirit and dish them back in good spirit. Hearts fans I find have no tolerance to banter or criticism, and are in the main a humourless group of fans. They like dishing it out of course, but because it's a one way street with them I just don't bother with them at all now. Can only go with your own experiences, but that's what it's like in my home town.

They did come up for air this week and it's not been pleasant. What shocked me was although every one I had to speak to wanted to talk about beating Celtc was how few of them actually made it to the game. I think most of them stayed in bed on Sunday with their heads under the covers.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The one reason why I don't engage with any. I find most fans of other teams in my acquaintance are up for a bit of a laugh and take the digs in good spirit and dish them back in good spirit. Hearts fans I find have no tolerance to banter or criticism, and are in the main a humourless group of fans. They like dishing it out of course, but because it's a one way street with them I just don't bother with them at all now. Can only go with your own experiences, but that's what it's like in my home town.
    I know a few of them but, go out of my way to avoid discussing football with them for the same reasons.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Which is unlike us after 21st May 2016, we never crowed about it "did we"!!!

We have had a good run against them and it worries them, if we keep it going the longer the better!!!

Its not that surprising, if we had beaten the 'unbeatable' 4 - 0 I don't doubt we would have been just as busy crowing about it and would have been just as happy to use it as an indication of how the derby is likely to pan out.

The difference is that prior to this weekend we could point to a number of games where our current squad has shown they are able to take on the 'big boys' with a win at Ibrox and draws home and away to Celtic. The Yams only have a one off display against Celtic on their recent CV and as has been shown in the past a one off result is hardly indicative of a good team ..... let them crow, it will just make it all the better when we beat them

@hibs.net private member
    Absolutely - barely had a word all season but they’re back. Same goes for the monday night podcast - that’s back after a break as well.

Left by mutual consent!
    Yep, where at it all week at work. I said I would give them a two fingered wave fae the Roseburn.

Left by mutual consent!
    Wouldn't have it any other way, the best situation is to have them waltz onto the park thinking the derby is won before a ball has been kicked.

I'd have Bartley go right through one of them within seconds to show them what they are in for.

One or two (there's few of them I pay any attention to).. but I've seen more talk about Hearts and jambos on here than anywhere else over the past week, if I'm honest.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Absolutely - barely had a word all season but they’re back. Same goes for the monday night podcast - that’s back after a break as well.

Not a peep since we came back from 2-0 down at Tynecastle. Nearly 2 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    Not a peep since we came back from 2-0 down at Tynecastle. Nearly 2 years ago?
    We got lucky according to anusback, welts...

They'll be back under their stones on the 27th. Here we go 9 in a row.

As discussed previously, more than one yam pal gave up supporting the team and 'started going to the ice hockey instead' because Scottish football is a joke. they've changed their minds and are now going to the upcoming Derby games, surprisingly enough. Zico Cochrane and the rest of the youthalanche has given them new found enthusiasm, it's quite sweet in a way.

First Team Regular Billy McKirdy's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: N?A Wii Code: N?A
    Here we go

I really like it, to be honest.

Left by mutual consent! IlDiavola's Avatar
    To be fair, it was a hell of a scoreline.

If it had been us beating 'invincible' Celtic 4 zip the thread would still be at the top (above the Tiny stand thread, and that takes some doing!)and we would have been crowing about it all week at work and in the pub etc.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Hmmmm

**** them

Noticed the unfounded confidence they have since the Celtic game.Straining to tell me it’s a new jambos but they still look and sound terrified.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Beat celtc 4-0, throw off the corduroy strides and thrust the y fronts forward for all of Midlothian to admire.

Leave big hearts, Macraes Battalion Trust and the lady Haig Poppy fund short, step back and hide up your own crevice. Yam class.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Silence of the bams

We beat them they will be ****ing ****ting themselves for the cup game.

Rodgers probably expected to rock up to tynie and play nice football and come away with 3 points as usual. Lennon ain't that arrogant. We'll be up for every single battle. Interested to see how we line up

Bring it on

Yam is far too cuddly a word to describe them. They're Gunts.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post
    Yam is far too cuddly a word to describe them. They're Gunts.
    We've got to go soft and sometimes a wee bit cuddly on them as they lack intelligence and their body odour leaves a lot to be desired. They are definitely gunts nay pigs from the pen but we show a certain compassion by calling them simple Yams.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    As discussed previously, more than one yam pal gave up supporting the team and 'started going to the ice hockey instead' because Scottish football is a joke. they've changed their minds and are now going to the upcoming Derby games, surprisingly enough. Zico Cochrane and the rest of the youthalanche has given them new found enthusiasm, it's quite sweet in a way.
    In fairness the ones I come across are saying they arent expecting anything bar a tough game. Like everbody else has said they have been silent since we beat them at er and now are talking loudly in corners about how good they now are. The 4 zip scoreline reminds us of the time Brighton beat Liverpool by the same time yonks ago. Liverpool still strolled the league and Brighton never replicated that. Potter has a tough decision who to pick because if he goes with the youngsters he knows we will outbattle them and if he goes with djoum he isn't up to it. Let's just get our result right today and worry about the Derby after that. BTW they are showing a big disrespect to the saintees by going on about the Derby. Their three points behind and have a game in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    In fairness the ones I come across are saying they arent expecting anything bar a tough game. Like everbody else has said they have been silent since we beat them at er and now are talking loudly in corners about how good they now are. The 4 zip scoreline reminds us of the time Brighton beat Liverpool by the same time yonks ago. Liverpool still strolled the league and Brighton never replicated that. Potter has a tough decision who to pick because if he goes with the youngsters he knows we will outbattle them and if he goes with djoum he isn't up to it. Let's just get our result right today and worry about the Derby after that. BTW they are showing a big disrespect to the saintees by going on about the Derby. Their three points behind and have a game in hand.
    And they've just beaten The Rangers at Ibrox. However, an Aberdeen fan at work said that the Saints were very poor in their recent game.

Maybe just shows that everyone is capable of mixing a good result with a bad result.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    The only thing that will get them a result is their tattie field of a pitch

Is that their new superhero out of the match on Wednesday?

Shame.........

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    Is that their new superhero out of the match on Wednesday?

Shame.........
    Yes Levein confirmed that in his post
    Match interview.

Says the lads distraught.

What a wee shame...

Back to the usual 1 shot on target today. Levein obviously furious at their cavalier attitude last week.

It didn’t take long for their superiority complex to come back to the fore. Up to us to send them back into hiding on Wednesday.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years