hibs.net Messageboard

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar

Could you be a referee?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/assistant-referee-offside-game-0gjxrnfg6?utm_source=FBPAGE&utm_medium=social_Paid &utm_campaign=Unspecified&UTMX=Sprinklr+Paid%3AThe +Times+&+The+Sunday+Times%3AImage+and+link%3AUnspe cified%3A

5/5 4/5 4/5

Done on my phone and might have scored better with a larger screen.

Link doesn't work on my phone but it can be copy and pasted.
    Last edited by Hibrandenburg; 21-12-2017 at 07:00 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/assistant-referee-offside-game-0gjxrnfg6?utm_source=FBPAGE&utm_medium=social_Paid &utm_campaign=Unspecified&UTMX=Sprinklr+Paid%3AThe +Times+&+The+Sunday+Times%3AImage+and+link%3AUnspe cified%3A

5/5 4/5 4/5

Done on my phone and might have scored better with a larger screen.

Link doesn't work on my phone but it can be copy and pasted.
    5/5 on the 1st but I can't be bothered registering so won't be doing the rest.

@hibs.net private member Callum7's Avatar
    5/5 5/5 2/5 Guess I’ll never make it internationally.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    No chance. They have to be one hundred percent right one hundred of the time.

No i hate the weggies

@hibs.net private member
    5/5 5/5 4/5. The one I got wrong I was timed out. Linos get much longer than that to think

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    5/5 5/5 4/5. The one I got wrong I was timed out. Linos get much longer than that to think
    The longer your brain takes to process visual information, the more likely that information will become corrupted.

Left by mutual consent!
    Had a go at it and it demonstrates just how easy it is for a linesman to call the tight ones wrong. It also shows how keen a linesman's eye has to be and also highlights how 'bizarre' it was when the linesman against the huns stated he didn't think it was a penalty when the hun boy clearly played the ball with his arm when virtually everyone else could see it was who had a view of it. Sudden bout of hun blindness?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh70 View Post
    Had a go at it and it demonstrates just how easy it is for a linesman to call the tight ones wrong. It also shows how keen a linesman's eye has to be and also highlights how 'bizarre' it was when the linesman against the huns stated he didn't think it was a penalty when the hun boy clearly played the ball with his arm when virtually everyone else could see it was who had a view of it. Sudden bout of hun blindness?
    absolutely huge point that would have been as was a 3 point swing

Testimonial Due
    Its all to easy when watching on a screen, in live action the ball being played can be 50+ yards away and in the movement of the head a player can look yards offside as defender moves out and attacker in.
    I've seen these type of scenarios before and you mostly guess, and if you take time to think the fans would be on your back, and the pressure mounts.
    I say stick to supporting and leave refereeing to someone else!!!

@hibs.net private member
    A linos job is far more difficult. They have to be in the correct position, deal with all sorts of visual distractions, concentrate on all offences not just offside and also then process that information through the Ugly sisters filter to include league positions and current game situation. The mock up is fairly easy but the real job is I suspect very different and far more difficult with more players and also huge pressure and scrutiny. The officiating in this country is very poor but to me it is the Look at me Refs and not the Linos that are the biggest issue.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    A linos job is far more difficult. They have to be in the correct position, deal with all sorts of visual distractions, concentrate on all offences not just offside and also then process that information through the Ugly sisters filter to include league positions and current game situation. The mock up is fairly easy but the real job is I suspect very different and far more difficult with more players and also huge pressure and scrutiny. The officiating in this country is very poor but to me it is the Look at me Refs and not the Linos that are the biggest issue.
    Not in Scotland. Here they are just there to agree with the referee and give offside decisions in favour of Celtc and The Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    Not in Scotland. Here they are just there to agree with the referee and give offside decisions in favour of Celtc and The Rangers.
    or not give penalties for deliberate handballs that they saw.

Got loads of refs round about me every Saturday.

Don't know whether they have sat the exams, but most of them seem to be convinced they are right 100% of the time.

As I’m not a crook or don’t care for cheating I’ll pass. 😁