hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!

Will the chants ever be banned rather than “banned”?

I dislike Celtic quite a bit but Rangers are on another level. When will their sectarian chants actually be punished? Surely they’ll be a lengthy investigation followed by 3500 arrests? Big fine for them? Hate Scotland and Scottish Football sometimes...can’t even come up with rules that we enforce. We get a warning before each match and their whole stand ignored it...

Handball isn’t handball.
    Sectarian chant isn’t sectarian.

Football is corrupt and we all know it. It’s a worldwide issue but instead of ignoring it and trying to improve the game in our country, we become tribal and let the corruption run riot. Every club outside the old firm should genuinely start putting pressure on the SFA collectively but they won’t...

Sick of it.

P.S. A few Hibs players need to take a look at themselves as they let their teammates down tonight. McGeouch, Barker and Boyle were the best. The rest were so-so. Murray should’ve been hooked instead of Shaw. Rangers were there for the taking, they are worst team I’ve seen this season at ER.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Until any journalist dares to acknowledge it, nothing will change.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Until any journalist dares to acknowledge it, nothing will change.
    Until it is self Policed it won't stop and that ain't happenening anytime soon.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    I dislike Celtic quite a bit but Rangers are on another level. When will their sectarian chants actually be punished? Surely they’ll be a lengthy investigation followed by 3500 arrests? Big fine for them? Hate Scotland and Scottish Football sometimes...can’t even come up with rules that we enforce. We get a warning before each match and their whole stand ignored it...

Handball isn’t handball.
    Sectarian chant isn’t sectarian.

Football is corrupt and we all know it. It’s a worldwide issue but instead of ignoring it and trying to improve the game in our country, we become tribal and let the corruption run riot. Every club outside the old firm should genuinely start putting pressure on the SFA collectively but they won’t...

Sick of it.

P.S. A few Hibs players need to take a look at themselves as they let their teammates down tonight. McGeouch, Barker and Boyle were the best. The rest were so-so. Murray should’ve been hooked instead of Shaw. Rangers were there for the taking, they are worst team I’ve seen this season at ER.
    In today's politically correct society it's incredible that these cretins continue to get away singing this sectarian, racist bile. There were 3500 of them behind the goal tonight belting out that stuff, as they do week in week out, but they are untouchable. 'Zombies' is complimentary to them.

Take a chill pill.

Their chants wash over me.
    Too busy watching my team to listen to all that wallpaper drivel.

Watch the hellish human suffering on the news for something to be outraged at.

Journalists do write about it now and again. The problem is that it’s not just a small number that can be policed by other supporters. It’s them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due capitals_finest's Avatar
    It amazes me that in today's Scotland, that they can behave the way the do and it still gets swept under the carpet.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    If there is literally no consequence to their actions why on earth would they stop singing this sectarian bile?

Stop giving them 3.5k tickets. Give them the same they give us and the treat them like the ****ing window licking, knuckle dragging vermin that they are.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!

P

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Take a chill pill.

The song they sing is banned. It was sung by 3500 fans.

Human suffering is awful, if you are outraged by that then I’m sure you are planning to do something about it personally as you certainly seem to be trying to take a bizarre route to some moral high ground...

I’m sorry we can’t all obviously compartmentalise our “outrage”. I’ll try to take more chill pills. Just enough so that stuff that I personally witness “washes over me” (spit and sectarian slurs and all) but not too much so that I don’t nulify my outrage to stuff on the news.

Just so you know I’m outraged by many things going on in this world. Depresses me the most that we can’t even fix it in a rudimentary thing like sporting events though. What chance do we have on bigger world problems as countries begin to close its borders and tribalism becomes the fad.

Take a chill pill.

The failure to respect each other’s Religion is to blame for most of that

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Until it is self Policed it won't stop and that ain't happenening anytime soon.
    Until it starts costing their club money it will not be self policed.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Even The Billy Boys has returned, after they were forced to stop it for a few seasons. Where's the follow up from the authorities?

Until we get strict liability and it begins to hurt the team, they'll just continue.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Daniel1875
    The only way to put a stop to it inside a football stadium is for the SFA to take a zero tolerance policy and start fining the clubs. Sectarian bigotry is no different to racism or homophobia yet it is totally swept under the carpet. We have these ‘Show Racism The Red Card’ campaigns every so often but what’s the ****ing point? Racism isn’t an issue in the game in Scotland but sectarian bigotry is.

The song they sing is banned. It was sung by 3500 fans.

Human suffering is awful, if you are outraged by that then I’m sure you are planning to do something about it personally as you certainly seem to be trying to take a bizarre route to some moral high ground...

I’m sorry we can’t all obviously compartmentalise our “outrage”. I’ll try to take more chill pills. Just enough so that stuff that I personally witness “washes over me” (spit and sectarian slurs and all) but not too much so that I don’t nulify my outrage to stuff on the news.

Just so you know I’m outraged by many things going on in this world. Depresses me the most that we can’t even fix it in a rudimentary thing like sporting events though. What chance do we have on bigger world problems as countries begin to close its borders and tribalism becomes the fad.
    Why get annoyed.
    The football authorities have had forever to sort sectarian singing out and have made no real effort. Massive fines and more so point removal would stop it dead.
    From a Hibs point of view, it is within our clubs power to drastically reduce the number of tickets available to their supporters to come to our ground. Our club choose to take their money rather than take a moral stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    The failure to respect each other’s Religion is to blame for most of that
    Is it not more about money and power masquerading as religious conflict

Celtic sang quite a few IRA songs loud and clear on Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by pedroorange1875 View Post
    Celtic sang quite a few IRA songs loud and clear on Sunday
    and apparently caused lots of damage in the south stand.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Why get annoyed.
    The football authorities have had forever to sort sectarian singing out and have made no real effort. Massive fines and more so point removal would stop it dead.
    From a Hibs point of view, it is within our clubs power to drastically reduce the number of tickets available to their supporters to come to our ground. Our club choose to take their money rather than take a moral stance.
    Hibs prefer to take Rangers money rather than protect their fans from being spat on? I sincerely hope that isn’t the case. The phrase “taking a moral stance” almost has worse connotations than “committing a crime” these days.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    and apparently caused lots of damage in the south stand.
    They should get the same punishment. What is this? Almost seems like sticking up for Rangers by saying their ugly sister did the same. Wrong is wrong, sorry no debating. Give Celtic and Rangers 0 seats at ER until they have sorted fan behaviour.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Stop giving them 3.5k tickets. Give them the same they give us and the treat them like the ****ing window licking, knuckle dragging vermin that they are.

but unfortunately petrie won't do it

Quote Originally Posted by HarpyHibby View Post
    The only way to put a stop to it inside a football stadium is for the SFA to take a zero tolerance policy and start fining the clubs. Sectarian bigotry is no different to racism or homophobia yet it is totally swept under the carpet. We have these ‘Show Racism The Red Card’ campaigns every so often but what’s the ****ing point? Racism isn’t an issue in the game in Scotland but sectarian bigotry is.
    The last part of your post is bang on.

Everything seems to be focused on beating racism at the moment but in Scotland, sectarianism is a far worse problem in football than racism.

They should get the same punishment. What is this? Almost seems like sticking up for Rangers by saying their ugly sister did the same. Wrong is wrong, sorry no debating. Give Celtic and Rangers 0 seats at ER until they have sorted fan behaviour.
    I would gladly see both sets of fans banned from Easter Road.

If I was a millionaire, I would pay Hibs for the lost revenue after each home game against the pair of them.

Utter dregs of society.

Hibs prefer to take Rangers money rather than protect their fans from being spat on? I sincerely hope that isn’t the case. The phrase “taking a moral stance” almost has worse connotations than “committing a crime” these days.
    There is no mention of being spat on in your original post
    You were complaining about sectarian singing and dodgy refereeing

Take it up with Leanne and Rod.
    FWIW we also have dick heads in our support, just not as many,

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    There is no mention of being spat on in your original post
    You were complaining about sectarian singing and dodgy refereeing
    No, the spitting is mentioned on the other thread here though.

Just so you are aware, as others have pointed out, sectarian chants are on a similar level to racism. Just because it doesn’t bother you doesn’t mean it isn’t wrong. For instance if someone called me a “white” this or that I wouldn’t care but it’s wrong. Sectarian chants are the same. Show racism red card in this country is just ironic, nothing else - “we won’t discriminate for your skin colour but we will happily permit other discrimination”. Farce.

As someone posted. If hibs directors felt the need for it. Offer them the absolute minimum tickets. 5% of capacity is it. Even then that would be too much for that lot. Horrible club with mostly horrible supporters.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Take it up with Leanne and Rod.
    FWIW we also have dick heads in our support, just not as many,
    FWIW I’ve never seen whole of ER singing sectarian chants in my time, that isn’t to say it’s never happened.

They have sung these things for years at ER. Not handful of them or small section. Whole stand singing banned songs. They are a collective and clearly untouchable. This “it was worse in my day” and the “man up” type stuff that is put out there to undermine people’s discomfort at hearing these things while watching a football event is getting tiresome.

I’m sure Leanne and Rod would listen to me...

Just because someone lets it wash over them doesnt mean its ok or legal. Homophobic or racist chants would be severley punished, why not sectarianism. Give them no tickets until its sorted. Would someone standing on princes street chanting that filth amongst shoppers etc be lifted, damn right they would.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

FWIW I’ve never seen whole of ER singing sectarian chants in my time, that isn’t to say it’s never happened.

They have sung these things for years at ER. Not handful of them or small section. Whole stand singing banned songs. They are a collective and clearly untouchable. This “it was worse in my day” and the “man up” type stuff that is put out there to undermine people’s discomfort at hearing these things while watching a football event is getting tiresome.

I’m sure Leanne and Rod would listen to me...
    i don't disagree with anything you say about the sectarian behaviour of old firm fans but people won't change anything by getting annoyed on social media. Every match we play against the old firm is followed by an outraged post on hibs.net about sectarian singing and cheating/incompetent referees.
    As I say the solution is with the football authorities and Hibernian F.C.

Old Firm fans sectarian singing inside the stadium has gone on for all of the 50 years I have followed football and although normal folk think it is wrong nothing has changed in all that time.
    I was being honest when I said I don't hear them anymore. Their bad behaviour outside the ground should be crushed by the Police.
    Our club are not tarnished by sectarian issues but some of our morons have written books about their violent behaviour on Scotland's Streets which was a lot worse than singing songs.

Regrettably there are lots of thick and twisted people who attach themselves to football clubs including ours.