hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whittaker

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Whittaker

Was absolutely hopeless today.

Sinclair ripped him every time he got the ball. He was never the quickest but now looks even slower and more cumbersome than ever before.

There’s no doubting his quality on the ball but we really are going to have to consider whether he’s capable of playing quick tricky wide players. I bet Murty is praying he starts this week as Windass will have the same sort of joy against him as Sinclair had today.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Sinclair ripped him every time he got the ball. He was never the quickest but now looks even slower and more cumbersome than ever before.

There’s no doubting his quality on the ball but we really are going to have to consider whether he’s capable of playing quick tricky wide players. I bet Murty is praying he starts this week as Windass will have the same sort of joy against him as Sinclair had today.
    Injured. Not fully fit and had no help.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Or maybe as far as Scottish football goes Sinclair is actually really really good, it happens

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    He shouldn’t have been playing. He’s clearly not fit. I hope we play Ambrose at right back on Wednesday with McGregor at centre half.

Don’t think people realise how quick Sinclair actually is

Whittaker is a liability. Gray is missed right now.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Whittaker is a liability. Gray is missed right now.
    He’s not a liability, man’s injured.

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    Lennon confirmed Whitty has a pelvic problem, and has been suffering for most of the season. If that's how he plays injured, he will be a fine addition to the team when fully fit.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post

That's the spirit....😴

Left by mutual consent!
    Prefer David Gray to Whittaker. To be honest though, I prefer David Gray to anyone else on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    He had a lot of help. He's just done. Boyle spent too long in our half helping him out. RB is our weakest position now with the current issues with DG and SW

I said when we signed him that I was glad to see him back but that Gray is a significantly better defender, a few disagreed which is fair enough but I'd stand by that statement. He's been pretty decent usually but his biggest weakness for years has been letting players cut inside him and playing a team like Celtic only highlights that issue. Still a very decent signing and good player in the squad.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Whittaker has been very poor defensively all season. Can’t believe we gave him three years as well.

Thought he was very poor today and if he's injured why the hell is he playing, Ambrose is a very good player to step in at RB, I still think Whittaker has the best agent in the world to get a 3 year deal out of us, he looks past it.

@hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    Whittaker was really poor today. He was off the pace, used the ball poorly and was slow to react to danger.

If he's injured, he should not have been playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Whittaker has been very poor defensively all season. Can’t believe we gave him three years as well.
    To be fair, he was poor defensively when he first played for us as well. We knew what we were getting

I can never understand when we have a good result that postersimmediately come on here to criticise our players.Whittaker was not fit but went out to do his best because that was what was needed.

I have huge concerns over Whitty, he’s been poor since coming back. If he’s injured why play him? Daz should have Started imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    To be fair, he was poor defensively when he first played for us as well. We knew what we were getting

But he had a bit of pace back then, slower than a week in Saughton right now.

I can't believe how slow he looked at times today. Thought he looked absolutely done.

Left by mutual consent!
    Why was he playing if injured? I love the guy but he does seem quite done.

I thought he did ok.

Whittaker was never the best defensively and today he was up against one of the most dangerous opponents in the country whilst carrying an injury.

He was ripped apart once or twice but he also managed to make a decent defensive effort on more than one occasion.

Quick, right-footed player coming in off the left is Whittaker's worst nightmare.

I don't know if I'd have played Ambrose at RB - Ambrose was brilliant in his most natural position and I think we'd have missed him in the middle.

McGregor's not a bd RB himself and might have slotted in there fine.

Boyle made a few telling defensive contributions as well on that side.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    I can never understand when we have a good result that postersimmediately come on here to criticise our players.Whittaker was not fit but went out to do his best because that was what was needed.
    being fit had nothing to do with some of those passes or marking today, thats just being poor

For Christ sake: we earned a precious point by matching up to the runaway champions and might actually have won. BUT, let’s have a go at one of our players. Not even constructive criticism but just putting the boot in. Funny thing is, Sinclair did F all in the first half and my mates were praising Whittaker for not giving Sinclair an inch. Not only that, but Boyle did an outstanding job on Tierney on the right while still finding the space to attack their defence.. Neither of the Celtic superstars did anything of note for the first 45. I really hate this place at times.

Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    being fit had nothing to do with some of those passes or marking today, thats just being poor
    Correct.

Left by mutual consent!
    If he's injured he shouldn't be playing especially when he's going up against arguably the best player in the league.

I thought he was far too slow and a cone could've made more effort to tackle Sinclair when he made a run for the goals.

I'm hoping if he is injured when he's fit we'll see the Whittaker we thought we'd see.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    Well surely play McGregor if that’s the case? SW was very poor today. I know he was up against Sinclair however was still poor.
    Will be surprised if he sees out his 3 year deal.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Anyone would struggle with Sinclair. Whitty has lost any pacehe had and it’s showing. Giving him the benifit regards fitness not terrible but we need better to progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Wee Effen Bee View Post
    For Christ sake: we earned a precious point by matching up to the runaway champions and might actually have won. BUT, let’s have a go at one of our players. Not even constructive criticism but just putting the boot in. Funny thing is, Sinclair did F all in the first half and my mates were praising Whittaker for not giving Sinclair an inch. Not only that, but Boyle did an outstanding job on Tierney on the right while still finding the space to attack their defence.. Neither of the Celtic superstars did anything of note for the first 45. I really hate this place at times.
    Definitely agree with the bit in bold, Whittaker was miles of the pace and has been on most of his outings this season, if he was injured today he should never have started.

Left by mutual consent!
    Barker was worse.