hibs.net Messageboard

Anthony Stokes interview

Interesting listening to Anthony Stokes interview on Sky Sports. He reckons his ‘issue’ was much of nothing.

It is On Demand via Sky Sports, there is one with Neil Lennon up there too. Good Hibs content.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Which is correct it was a total nothing incident to do with a training drill.

Someone outside the pub at partick on saturday was trying to claim stokes went in heavy on a youth player and Darren macgregor knocked him out for it. This guy was adamant what is what happened so I dunno how he'll take this news

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Someone outside the pub at partick on saturday was trying to claim stokes went in heavy on a youth player and Darren macgregor knocked him out for it. This guy was adamant what is what happened so I dunno how he'll take this news
    Off topic kinda but I bumped into Darren McGregor a few months back in xcile. I never realised how big a guy he was. Maybe he worked on the weights during his injuries, but id never noticed how much of a brick **** house he was till he walked past me. If i was stokes and this story is even remotely true id be getting Daz an extra special xmas present this year

Quote Originally Posted by ivan03 View Post
    Which is correct it was a total nothing incident to do with a training drill.
    Well if Big Daz knocking you off your feet is a nothing incident Im glad i don't have nights out with you.

Left by mutual consent!
    Well would DM not also be in trouble then?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    You go tell Darren off then..

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    I asked the guy that but he kept dodging the question!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    You go tell Darren off then..

I would not need to Lennon would. If Stokes went in on a tackle too heavy and Daz reacted it is actually Daz who has done worse from what was suggested and it would have been both sent home more so Daz.

Hes probably talking *****.....really doubt that happened

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    Hes probably talking *****.....really doubt that happened
    If DM had knocked Stokes unconscious we would have known about it. Nether of them would be anywhere near the starting 11 at the weekend.

How do people come up with this *****?

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    If DM had knocked Stokes unconscious we would have known about it. Nether of them would be anywhere near the starting 11 at the weekend.

How do people come up with this *****?
    Agree with this. I have met DM on numerous occasions. A more measured, mature and quality person you could not meet.
    Stokes on the other hand .........

Left by mutual consent!
    My mate saw the incident too, Stokes tried to hand out a Rock Bottom but DM reversed and followed up a Chokeslam with a Tombstone Piledriver, Stokes was out for the count.

Probably a story which got exaggerated each time it was told

Stokes was a bit too rough with a young player, DM told him off and a disagreement was had. Lennon came in and agreed with DM which upset Stokes.

Or it could all be something totally different, it’s been dealt with so let’s move on.

For the record I thought he was talking crap at the time i just thought id share the funny story.

I heard Stokes ate the last haribo...henious crime

Quote Originally Posted by RoxburghHibs View Post
    You may say "Its nothing and "Its done and dusted"but you'd better watch it Stokesy#lastchancesalloon.

No one's bigger than the team.

First Team Regular scm70nyd1973's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    My mate saw the incident too, Stokes tried to hand out a Rock Bottom but DM reversed and followed up a Chokeslam with a Tombstone Piledriver, Stokes was out for the count.
    Incorrect - the real story is that Stokes was on fire - DM was in defence and was terrified - he tried to put him out with a fire extinguisher, slipped and accidentally skelped him with it - it is apalling how the real truth gets distorted .

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    Off topic kinda but I bumped into Darren McGregor a few months back in xcile. I never realised how big a guy he was. Maybe he worked on the weights during his injuries, but id never noticed how much of a brick **** house he was till he walked past me. If i was stokes and this story is even remotely true id be getting Daz an extra special xmas present this year
    Footballers often seem much bigger when up close. Said hello to Mc Ginn the other day. He's no lightweight. Probably around 5'10 and legs like tree trunks. Not so massive on the upper body, but those legs....

As for Stokes and McGregor, players have spats. It happens all the time and has done since the dawn of (football) time. If they had a square go there would only be one winner and I'd be betting on the guy from Leith.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I heard that Daz knocked Stokes on his backside after he was a bit arsey at a calendar signing.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Cummings Vs Grado Version 2

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Footballers often seem much bigger when up close. Said hello to Mc Ginn the other day. He's no lightweight. Probably around 5'10 and legs like tree trunks. Not so massive on the upper body, but those legs....

As for Stokes and McGregor, players have spats. It happens all the time and has done since the dawn of (football) time. If they had a square go there would only be one winner and I'd be betting on the guy from Leith.
    Steady now Superfurry. That read as a bit lusty.....

He would still be out! 😂

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Steady now Superfurry. That read as a bit lusty.....
    When I read the post I just expected Superfurry to be a female, " but those legs " I thought gave that away.