hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Reintroduce A Simplified Ticket Points System?

Voters
214. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

166 77.57%
  • No

30 14.02%
  • Don't Mind either way

16 7.48%
  • Another Loyalty method (please elaborate)

2 0.93%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

Reintroduce A Ticket Points System?

As it says on the tin. Bring back a simplified tickets points system or not? Buy tickets, build up your ticket points tally to make you eligible for away tickets therefor rewarding your loyalty.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    100% yes. A small minority of loud voices that couldn't get tickets to Tynecastle added to the disaster of 100points for joining HSL were the only issue. Far too many other clubs run successful loyalty schemes.
    Whilst I don't have any issue with the away season ticket (it just personally doesn't work for me as I only manage around 70% of away games), even my mates that are in it still think a loyalty points scheme would be a better option.

No from me.

Anything that can potentially hit season ticket sales which is the clubs main source of income is not something I could support (I would probably just about qualify for a Tynie ticket if it were point based so I am not looking at it from a selfish point of view).

@hibs.net private member
    As I’ve said on the hearts ticket thread this needs discussed but the rules need to be set out at the start of next season after a full consultation with supporters

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    100% yes. A small minority of loud voices that couldn't get tickets to Tynecastle added to the disaster of 100points for joining HSL were the only issue. Far too many other clubs run successful loyalty schemes.
    Whilst I don't have any issue with the away season ticket (it just personally doesn't work for me as I only manage around 70% of away games), even my mates that are in it still think a loyalty points scheme would be a better option.

I'm in it and even I think a ticket points system is a better option!

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    No from me.

Anything that can potentially hit season ticket sales which is the clubs main source of income is not something I could support (I would probably just about qualify for a Tynie ticket if it were point based so I am not looking at it from a selfish point of view).

Fair enough, I'm seeking votes and opinions on this, not looking to criticise anyones opinion on this thread.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I voted no as it didn’t work for me the last time. I found that there were far too many different stages at which you could buy tickets, meaning groups were being split up. I prefer the current system of the away season ticket.

United we stand here....

Any scheme introduced would still have to be heavily weighted in favour of ST holders so that the benefit of having a season ticket is not devalued.
    And it would need to be a rolling system so that we don’t end up with a small group having an unattainable points tally. Only games where tickets are readily available should be rewarded with points.
    So a qualified Yes from me.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

No, I'm happy to be part of the Hibs season ticket scheme take my chances with every other season ticket holder who financially supports the club as I always have done, won't support any scheme that favours some over others and could hit season ticket numbers.

First Team Breakthrough cabbage_88's Avatar
    100% yes

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    100% yes for me - been an advocate of a Loyalty Point Scheme since day one.
    Don't believe the current arrangement for away ticket sales, or any of the suggestions on how they can be improved, are anywhere close to being better, and fairer than a simple points scheme reflected by regularity of attendance.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    As has been mentioned before it has to weigh heavily in favour of season ticket holders before others so as not to devalue the perceived cost of a season ticket. Equally the banding and criteria for tickets need to be measured in a much fairer capacity. You'll never please everyone but a more thorough consultation would help. Yes for me.

I don't see how this would impact on ST sales as mentioned by some posters.

The starting point for the loyalty scheme must be a bunch of points for having a season ticket.

As also stated, you can't award points for games where ticket numbers are restricted. That would be rewarding winners twice.
    Last edited by Geo_1875; 06-12-2017 at 11:22 AM.

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I voted no as it didn’t work for me the last time. I found that there were far too many different stages at which you could buy tickets, meaning groups were being split up. I prefer the current system of the away season ticket.
    I voted yes which wont come as a surprise to anyone on here but I do think some tweaks were needed on the previous system.

> Set percentage of the available tickets to the top tier of "point holders"
    > Clear communication on how to allocate points to those in your group
    > No way to get points added if you didn't allocate
    > Ensure that the cut off for the 2nd tranche of tickets available is at a level where all season ticket holders can apply.
    > Any abuse of staff will not be tolerated. first offence a short ban, second offence and its game over.

Left by mutual consent!
    Definitely I can't think of one reason why not to. That would be the first thing I would be demanding each board meeting as a fans rep until they got sick of me and gave in.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    No, i wouldn't buy a season ticket if there was one, my season ticket is devalued enough without the main benefit being taken away.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    No, i wouldn't buy a season ticket if there was one, my season ticket is devalued enough without the main benefit being taken away.
    This post reminds me of this scene from The Simpsons

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Argylehibby View Post
    I voted yes which wont come as a surprise to anyone on here but I do think some tweaks were needed on the previous system.

> Set percentage of the available tickets to the top tier of "point holders"
    > Clear communication on how to allocate points to those in your group
    > No way to get points added if you didn't allocate
    > Ensure that the cut off for the 2nd tranche of tickets available is at a level where all season ticket holders can apply.
    > Any abuse of staff will not be tolerated. first offence a short ban, second offence and its game over.
    I’m not completely against it, but it would have to be a lot better than the last time to get my support.
    Imo it turned into a pissing contest to see who had the most points. It should be a system that allows people who can’t get to every game, but make some games, have a better chance of getting a ticket than someone who never goes to any games.

United we stand here....

Yes but no HSL points, no gimmicks, just copy exactly what Hearts have. They've been running it for years and I never see any of them complaining about it once. Do that and we're set.

Can it be run alongside the AST scheme, as there as those who like the fact the money is debited for every game. (And actually go to the games).

250 of these, then a LP system to reward regular attendees.

If you don't have enough points, tough tatties
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Surely it can't be that hard to set up a Tesco clubcard style points scheme.

10 points for every adult home ticket bought (buying a season ticket gives you 190 points immediately)
    5 points for every child ticket bought (buying a season ticket gives you 95 points immediately)
    15 points for every away ticket bought
    1 point for every £5 spent in the clubstore
    20 points per Hibs Kids membership
    30 points per hospitality & mascot package
    50 points per player/match sponsorship

Award points only for spending money with the club and allow this to build up and accrue and after a couple of seasons the most loyal fans who have invested the most into the club will be in a position to have the priority they deserve for things like derby tickets.

The level of points required to buy tickets at certain times can be adjusted according to demand and availability. No need for overnight queuing or any of that malarkey.
    Last edited by MyJo; 06-12-2017 at 11:50 AM.

One of the problems with the previous system was the name Loyalty Points. Subscribing to HSL was correctly looked on as loyalty and points awarded. However the purpose of the system was to allocate tickets for games where they were in short supply and not to award loyalty. I would therefore suggest that the name Match Points would be much more appropriate.

Approaching 14k season ticket holders so how do you define loyalty for a scheme to work fairly and efficiently?

If you have an ST you get first dibs on a first come first served one for one basis simples. The scraps go on general sale if not sold 48hrs before ko.

No queues just on line or phone.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Approaching 14k season ticket holders so how do you define loyalty for a scheme to work fairly and efficiently?

If you have an ST you get first dibs on a first come first served one for one basis simples. The scraps go on general sale if not sold 48hrs before ko.

Many other British clubs have the same or much larger season ticket sales volumes v’s available away tickets. Surely we have to consider what other clubs do? And how they manage it effectively and efficiently?

Yes!!! This shouldn't even be up for debate. These morons that genuinely believe a season ticket holder that goes to no away games should deserve the same chance at obtaining a ticket for Tynecastle, Ibrox or Parkhead as someone that goes to every away game seriously need to wake up and enter the 21st century!!

And I am an away season ticket holder...

Left by mutual consent!
    No.

The away season ticket is fine.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post

While the home ST's are at fantastic levels and we are seeing bumper home gates, the travelling support hasn't really gone up by very much at all. There are 1500 - 2000 regulars, and it's hard to argue against why they shouldn't be given the first opportunity when demand for tickets outweighs supply.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post

The system I have in mind is greatly simplified.

Home Games(ST Holders)
    20 points for Early Bird Season Tickets

19 points Season Ticket bought after EB deadline

1 point for all home cup matches

Walk ups home matches (non ST holders on the database).
    1 ticket point for all league and cup home matches when bought either online, print at home, scan from phone or at the ticket office using your client reference.

Use the pods and you get zero points, tough luck I'm afraid.

No retrospective adding of points, if you used the pods or any other method other than the ones mentioned above in bold then you've had it.

No additional points for any additional tickets for home games you buy for other people using your client reference (point whoring).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Away Games

Hearts away 1 point (extremely high demand, not far to travel and limited availability, unfair to award high points)

Rangers Away 1 point (extremely high demand, limited availability, unfair to award high points)

Celtic Away 1 point (extremely high demand, limited availability, unfair to award high points)

Aberdeen, Ross County, Dundee, St Johnstone, Motherwell, Hamilton, Kilmarnock and Patrick Thistle all have large away sections 2000+ which is above our average away support and are generally less attractive fixtures to go to so the incentive should be higher, so for all these away games:

Award STH's 3 ticket points for attending these fixtures

Non STH's who buy in the general sale (if applicable) 2 ticket points

(NB, I feel you can't award 0 ticket points for going to Hearts, celtic or Rangers as you're still going so i think 1 ticket point is a fair reward)

2-3 year cycle and after the cycle ends 50% of your ticket points total drops off and the scheme keeps rolling like that. This way there won't be big gap between those on max ticket points and those who can only make 80-90% of away games meaning Hibs can afford to set the bar lower when it comes to selling away tickets using ticket points. I think its a fair way to do it.

TICKET POINTS ARE AWARDED FOR BUYING TICKETS ONLY, NOTHING ELSE HENCE THE NAME.

Thoughts? (be nice )
    Last edited by Hermit Crab; 06-12-2017 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    Surely it can't be that hard to set up a Tesco clubcard style points scheme.

10 points for every adult home ticket bought (buying a season ticket gives you 190 points immediately)
    5 points for every child ticket bought (buying a season ticket gives you 95 points immediately)
    15 points for every away ticket bought
    1 point for every £5 spent in the clubstore
    20 points per Hibs Kids membership
    30 points per hospitality & mascot package
    50 points per player/match sponsorship

Award points only for spending money with the club and allow this to build up and accrue and after a couple of seasons the most loyal fans who have invested the most into the club will be in a position to have the priority they deserve for things like derby tickets.

The level of points required to buy tickets at certain times can be adjusted according to demand and availability. No need for overnight queuing or any of that malarkey.
    Loyalty for match attendance only. Not consumer spend
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    It is imperative we have a loyalty points system now that there is serious demand for big away games where our allocation is limited. It is simply unfair to give tickets for Hearts/OF away etc to people who have the time to camp outside the TO for hours on end or who win the internet lottery. If you invest more into following Hibs (esp with a season ticket and making away games) then you should be at the head of the queue.

Tin hat on but I don't think it's fair for people who faithfully turned up at ER week in/week out over the pre-2014 years to watch utter dross, and went along to Tynecastle/Parkhead/Ibrox for defeat after defeat (when there were plenty tickets available) knowing full well what was going to happen should now have the same remote chance of getting a ticket as everyone else, purely because we're now winning.