hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

Lennon's tactical switch

That won us the game today. It was brave of him to go for it and change formation right from the start of the 2nd half but it worked. Credit due.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That won us the game today. It was brave of him to go for it and change formation right from the start of the 2nd half but it worked. Credit due.
    Totally agree

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Yip. The Manager again made the changes that secured us 3 points. Great subs. Great 2nd half.
    Last edited by The Harp Awakes; 04-11-2017 at 05:06 PM.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I was surprised with Stokes for McGeouch, but the half time subs saw a pretty solid formation and one that worked very well. Brave alright to commit all the subs at that stage when it's 1-1, but rewarded with a great three points.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Stokes was outstanding and changed the game for us

I'd say today was our toughest game all season but the Lennon effect got us through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I was surprised with Stokes for McGeouch, but the half time subs saw a pretty solid formation and one that worked very well. Brave alright to commit all the subs at that stage when it's 1-1, but rewarded with a great three points.
    Mcgeough was injured. Looked liek barkercwas aswell so forced the changes. Good choice to take gray of andxgo 3at back.

Thought slivka looked good playing in his proper position

@hibs.net private member
    That's one of the things I like love about Lennon.

A lot of managers would have given it 15-20 minutes in the second half but he recognised that it wasn't working and acted.

It won't always work but I want a manager who is brave rather than hoping for the best.

2 weeks with 4 difficult games yet we still managed 12/12

Well done Lennon for putting us in a great place, still a long way to go but confident we can still get better and secure a Europe spot

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    We completely lost our way after our goal, it was good to get in at half time and allow Lennon to work his magic. There can’t be any doubters left about Lennon now.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Well done NL. Changed the game. Big 3 points

Neil Lennon MOTM today.

He acknowledged it wasn't working, acted early, made decisive changes and won us the game.

I love Neil Lennon. He's proven his worth in several different ways to us so far, but today he proved again how good a manager he is.

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    And it also forced McCann to match up in midfield which badly affected their performance and shape. The pupil learns at the feet of the master.

Inspired, well done Lenny.

Today was a lesson in a shrewd manager making the changes to impact a game for the better.
    So uplifting to know that we have Neil Lennon at the helm.
    I've said it before and will say it again: Lennon is the best manager we have had since Turnbull.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    Today was a lesson in a shrewd manager making the changes to impact a game for the better.
    So uplifting to know that we have Neil Lennon at the helm.
    I've said it before and will say it again: Lennon is the best manager we have had since Turnbull.
    I love Stubbsy for the cup win - but thats a match we may have lost or drawn under him.

......although, some of it was enforced, NL and his team have the experience to see what changes are needed.

Lennon really has a good record of making good changes which have an effect on the outcome.

Several examples last season with subs also that won us key points.

That win had Lennon written all over it.

@hibs.net private member
    Barker was limping off at half time, I think that change was enforced but worked in our favour. We have a good squad to deal with changes now though GGTTH!

@hibs.net private member
    Yip it was Stokes who made the goal for Murray, we were fortunate to get in at half time level IMO, I don't think there can be any Lennon doubters left, that was a master stroke from NL to change it ay HT MOTM for me

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    I love Stubbsy for the cup win - but thats a match we may have lost or drawn under him.

......although, some of it was enforced, NL and his team have the experience to see what changes are needed.
    Totally agree. Said the same thing at the end of the game.

Well done Lenny.

Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    Stokes was outstanding and changed the game for us
    This 100% answered all those saying we are better without him !

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    Lennon really has a good record of making good changes which have an effect on the outcome.

Several examples last season with subs also that won us key points.

That win had Lennon written all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post

I agree.
    Also, Stubbsy has earned the title "legend".
    He built a great, if not always effective squad in the league, and laid the foundations for Neil Lennon to come in and clinch that elusive championship and lift us to another level - which is where we currently are - one of the top 3 teams in the country.

@hibs.net private member
    I criticise him when he gets it wrong so only right to say well done when he makes a positive and game winning change. I think the Stokes sub was a mistake and he realised it wasn't going to work at half time. It was a ballsy move using up our other two subs and he might have happened on a very good formation for us. Porteous is ready and playing three strong ball carrying Centre Halves gives us a great base for our attacks. Paul Hanlon was outstanding after being given the freedom to get forward due to the extra CH and Big Marv holding the fort in his absence.

If Dylan is out for a bit I think this gives us a strong defense, accommodates Slivka and also gets Stokes back in the team.

Stokes, Hanlon and Stevenson were all brilliant down the left in the second half. A mention must go to McCann for his managerial masterclass in taking the boy that was ripping Lewis up for toilet paper. Whilst Lennon's subs and Rocky's save were definitely turning points I think that substitution played a big part in our win too.

Praise to the manager for the change of formation at half time. The other change was that he got the players combining as a team while in the first half they'd been making individual runs rather than passing the ball around. Perhaps Boyle's first minute goal got them thinking they could all run through Dundee.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Absolutely. We have a gem of a manager🇳🇬

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nick T Muir

Lennon's tactical switch

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Neil Lennon MOTM today.

He acknowledged it wasn't working, acted early, made decisive changes and won us the game.

I love Neil Lennon. He's proven his worth in several different ways to us so far, but today he proved again how good a manager he is.
    Absolutely spot on.

We were losing the midfield battle in the first half and taking action to put the numbers in there and take control of the match won us the game for sure.
    Last edited by Baw187; 04-11-2017 at 06:32 PM.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Not disagreeing but I said before the game that I was really surprised he was playing the same players in the same formation again...especially after them looking a bit jaded against Killie.

Sure he reacted well and turned the situation around but I think to some degree at least he caused some of the issues with his starting line up in the first place.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Neil Lennon MOTM today.

Great to see he’s finally getting the credit he deserves.

He’s an outstanding manager. I can barely believe he’s at Hibs and loving it so much. He talks with so much conviction that I buy into everything he says.

In his press conference yesterday he’s asked if he’s trying to install the winning mentality he had at Celtic into Hibs. An emphatic Yes is all he had to say. Brilliant.

The players must love having him leading them. Long may it continue, the best is yet to come.

As many people have stated we are lucky too have Lennon,Must surely be winning over anybody that had doubts about him,Had a feeling it would be a tough game,Terrific start but after they equalised lost control of the midfield due to Dylan struggling & them containing SJM,much improved 2nd half,Rocky only had one save too make(stunning)& that was it,Hanlon outstanding,playing at times like a left winger