hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar

Scotland Squad v Holland

Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    It'll be disappointing if Hanlon isn't involved.

Really have to question the merit of Ryan Jack being called up, he's done nothing in a poor rangers team. I'm biased but McGeouch is a fat better option in the middle of the park.

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Oh and well done JC.👍👍

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Happy for him, but he’s nowhere near international quality

Delighted for JC but is he even playing regular first team football? May just be that MM just wants a closer look at him in training I guess.......

Ryan Jack makes Ian Black look like Iniesta

It’s a nap that Sheep related players will be in the squad with the game being at Pittodrie.
    Christie, Shinnie & McLean - definitely. Possibly Jack as well, although not on merit.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Delighted for JC but is he even playing regular first team football? May just be that MM just wants a closer look at him in training I guess.......
    He started at the weekend and I think he starts most weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Forest seem to be on sky a lot and he has started last few I have seen.
    Cougars!!!

First Team Breakthrough Stoney Hibee's Avatar
    If Berra is in the squad and Hanlon is not it will be a travesty.

To be fair Ryan Christie is beginning to look like a very decent player and should be in on merit not because he’s plying his trade at Pittodrie.. we should be looking at players like him with the next campaign in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    Happy for him, but he’s nowhere near international quality
    Im nowhere near international quality, not a guy with over 70 goals at 22 years old.

Cummings getting called up after a poor start down south is really typical tbh.

McLean, Shinnie, Christie and Hanlon should all be called up.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by murray26 View Post
    To be fair Ryan Christie is beginning to look like a very decent player and should be in on merit not because he’s plying his trade at Pittodrie.. we should be looking at players like him with the next campaign in mind.
    Agreed. Ryan Christie is a superb player and has the potential to play at a higher level. I would love Hibs to sign him.

What I don't get is Ryan Jacks inclusion. Woeful player IMHO and a total liability.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    A mate was talking to Malky McKay after the Derby and he was aparantly speaking very highly of Dylan McGeouch so won’t be suprised if he’s given a call up.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sorry I must have missed this

Is Mckay in full time or caretaker charge?

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    Sorry I must have missed this

Is Mckay in full time or caretaker charge?
    Caretaker

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Agreed. Ryan Christie is a superb player and has the potential to play at a higher level. I would love Hibs to sign him.

What I don't get is Ryan Jacks inclusion. Woeful player IMHO and a total liability.
    Probably to please the Govan bigots.. it won’t work on either level.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    If he gets on, I expect Ryan Jack to get a similar reception that *Ian Black received when he came on for Scotland at Easter Road. The guy is despised up here.

*Still can't believe Ian Black has played for Scotland!!!

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Ryan Jack? If so, for me this just confirms a business as usual approach from the SFA and cements our positions as also rans.

Consistent as we're the country that appointed Malky Mackay in a position of influence in the first place.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post

While appreciating this isnt an important game and they will be trying to give new players a shot the Ryan Jack one is bizarre. He plays consistently for Aberdeen for years and doesnt get a look in, gets sent off 3 times for being a thug and barely kicks a ball for Rangers and is straight in the squad, dear oh dear.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    If he gets on, I expect Ryan Jack to get a similar reception that *Ian Black received when he came on for Scotland at Easter Road. The guy is despised up here.

*Still can't believe Ian Black has played for Scotland!!!
    You do have to take into account who the manager was at the time though.

Would be fantastic for the club if another of our players got called up. I think Hanlon probably has more of a chance due to the sheer lack of competition at centre half. But would be delighted if Mcgeouch got called up, even just to train and gain the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Cummings getting called up after a poor start down south is really typical tbh.
    Well he's not had a poor start.

Also Scotland have very few strikers at the moment. Only really Martin, Griffiths, Fletcher that are playing regularly at any decent level. Is it not good to get one of our promising young guys in the squad? A player who is starting games and playing well.

Ryan Jack is a joke of course. As is Mackay being employed by the SFA

3 cards for Ryan Jack this season and he's in the squad, what a total joke.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    While appreciating this isnt an important game and they will be trying to give new players a shot the Ryan Jack one is bizarre. He plays consistently for Aberdeen for years and doesnt get a look in, gets sent off 3 times for being a thug and barely kicks a ball for Rangers and is straight in the squad, dear oh dear.
    Different managers though so the fact he wasn’t selected previously doesn’t really have any relevance.

Whilst it’s been funny laughing at Rangers it’s maybe worth remembering they’re still top 3 or 4 in the league and according to resident hun at my work he’s been good this season. Think of the 3 red cards one was rescinded and the Killie one could well be another one.

I despise rangers so I feel a little bit sick sticking up for one of their players however I am pleased to see there’ll be more players from our league included, imo it was an absolute disgrace how much Strachan ignored our Premier league.

Ryan Jack would be a strange one as already mentioned.

Glad some of the Aberdeen lads are getting a chance. With the game being up there it may entice some more locals to attend. In the long run it may bring a connection to fans if our club players are getting a chance to be in squads instead of journeymen playing down south.

I've said on numerous threads I'd build for the future. Get a core of younger players (Tierney, Robbo, Soutar, SJM, Christie, Armstrong/McGregor/griff/Cummings - probably missed out a few but that's just off the top of my head) playing and bonding together.

From a hibs perspective, I'd love Dylan and hanlon to get a call. Particularly Paul. He's played consistently well for a long time now and imo sends the message that anyone in form has a chance or will at least be looked at

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Ryan Jack would be a strange one as already mentioned.

Glad some of the Aberdeen lads are getting a chance. With the game being up there it may entice some more locals to attend. In the long run it may bring a connection to fans if our club players are getting a chance to be in squads instead of journeymen playing down south.

I've said on numerous threads I'd build for the future. Get a core of younger players (Tierney, Robbo, Soutar, SJM, Christie, Armstrong/McGregor/griff/Cummings - probably missed out a few but that's just off the top of my head) playing and bonding together.

From a hibs perspective, I'd love Dylan and hanlon to get a call. Particularly Paul. He's played consistently well for a long time now and imo sends the message that anyone in form has a chance or will at least be looked at
    What Souttar are you meaning? The one at Hearts is absolutely garbage from what I’ve seen. I know he has a brother at Stoke but no idea if he’s any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Well he's not had a poor start.

Also Scotland have very few strikers at the moment. Only really Martin, Griffiths, Fletcher that are playing regularly at any decent level. Is it not good to get one of our promising young guys in the squad? A player who is starting games and playing well.

Ryan Jack is a joke of course. As is Mackay being employed by the SFA
    How many goals has he banged in this season?