hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK

Empty seats in lower FF - solutions?

I didn't realise quite how bad the problem with empty seats was until I got a head-on view from the South yesterday. Surely there must be something that club can implement to ensure that people aren't taking advantage of these seats in order to get tickets for Cat A's/cup games.

As it's all electronic, it's probably pretty easy to assess which seats are and aren't being used. If the seats are left unused (ticket unscanned) for 3(?) games straight they should automatically open up for any proceeding games. If people are buying seats at a ridiculous discount without the intention of using them then it needs to be addressed. And if they can't address it, they may as well just bring back loyalty points.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SRH View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't realise quite how bad the problem with empty seats was until I got a head-on view from the South yesterday. Surely there must be something that club can implement to ensure that people aren't taking advantage of these seats in order to get tickets for Cat A's/cup games.

As it's all electronic, it's probably pretty easy to assess which seats are and aren't being used. If the seats are left unused (ticket unscanned) for 3(?) games straight they should automatically open up for any proceeding games. If people are buying seats at a ridiculous discount without the intention of using them then it needs to be addressed. And if they can't address it, they may as well just bring back loyalty points.
    Only see the lower FF from up & to the side, so if this is the problem alluded to on the other post about cheap seats I should apologize for being sarky.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar

What a lot of rubbish, the seats have been bought, the customer can decide on whether they wish their child to attend or not. Talk about a sledgehammer to break a walnut 😤

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Are the tickets going to schools, youth clubs etc and not being used? Seems to be gaps for every game.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

The super cheap kids season tickets could be for all matches except v Hearts, Celtic & Rangers where their seats could be sold to walk ups

Left by mutual consent!
    Heck of a lot of empty seats on Sportscene. Wasn't so obvious at the game

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    The super cheap kids season tickets could be for all matches except v Hearts, Celtic & Rangers where their seats could be sold to walk ups
    Maybe for cat A games it needs to be confirmed online that it will be used, or something along those lines.

Maybe for cat A games it needs to be confirmed online that it will be used, or something along those lines.
    Aberdeen is a Cat A game but everyone that wanted a seat yesterday got 1 so no need to include that game

Gamer IDs

Aberdeen is a Cat A game but everyone that wanted a seat yesterday got 1 so no need to include that game
    True, would've been better for the home ends to be full though, as opposed to opening the South when it's not necessary.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Not sure it was, it was category B pricing

If they miss three consecutive games then on their return, and as soon as their card is scanned, the gunge machine should come into action.

Don't know what the solution is but the six or seven year old (guessing here) boy who is a season ticket holder and sits next to me in the FF Lower doesn't even watch the match. Just sits playing games on his tablet and doesn't even lift his head up when we have a penalty or score a goal. Must be cheaper for the parents to drag him along to Easter Road than pay for a babysitter. I'm moving seats next season. The woman who sits behind me does nothing but moan for the entire 90 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    If they miss three consecutive games then on their return, and as soon as their card is scanned, the gunge machine should come into action.

Don't know what the solution is but the six or seven year old (guessing here) boy who is a season ticket holder and sits next to me in the FF Lower doesn't even watch the match. Just sits playing games on his tablet and doesn't even lift his head up when we have a penalty or score a goal. Must be cheaper for the parents to drag him along to Easter Road than pay for a babysitter. I'm moving seats next season. The woman who sits behind me does nothing but moan for the entire 90 minutes.
    What does the Gunge machine look like😄

I like the idea that the £25 kids ticket is for Cat B games. £25 in this day and age for 19 home league games is absolute peanuts
    It’s £75/85 for a kids in the East

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post

The kids should be gunged if they don't watch the game, kick the seat of the guy in front or run about the place. Bloody kids .

Clearly been purchased by fans who know they will be attending the bigger games and doing an upgrade for each match.

'S' Form
    Hi, been registered on here for years but this is my first post so please be gentle with me.

With regards to the OP, I answered the call and bought myself and my 9 year old nephew a season ticket each for this season. I bought the tickets before the fixtures were released. This was a bit of a gamble for me as apart from living in Orkney I also work at sea on a 4 week on 4 week off rota so I knew I would be missing games. And I don't half miss games...before the split I will only be ashore for seven games and one of those is on the 30th December and I don't know whether I will be able to go to that one as it could be dodgy getting back to Orkney on the 31st. The only 'big' game that I do get is the derby on the 10th March. I would love to be able to take advantage of the guaranteed semi-final ticket for my nephew and myself but once again my work gets in the way as I don't get off the ship until the 26th, two days after the derby. So far for every game we can't make I have informed the ticket office and they have put our tickets up for resale. I don't know whether they have ever resold them but if they have it's a few more pounds into the clubs coffers.

I realise that this isn't the case for everyone in the family section but please don't penalise, or suggest penalising those of us that would love to go to more games than we are able to.

I'm sorry if I have been a bit long winded but it isn't always as cut and dried as some may think

These tickets are the gateway for kids to become full time fans, we started with two kids and an adult now we are one kid and a youth so shortly we'll have two youths and probably move elsewhere in the ground thus freeing up a couple of kids seats. Where is the problem with that if the tickets are appropriately purchased? We started when ST sales were 7-8k and no one moaned then, even more recently there were overseas fans being congratulated for purchasing STs even though they can't attend, Imo the only games where it will be a problem are the 3 mentioned but do we just stop encouraging the new youngsters?
    The same rubbish was spouted about the loyalty scheme and the club succumbed to the vocal minority and scrapped it totally, hopefully they're not so daft this time

The kids should be gunged if they don't watch the game, kick the seat of the guy in front or run about the place. Bloody kids .
    Maybe they're already being punished enough by being forced to eat their way through a mountain of chips and pizzas.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaff View Post
    These tickets are the gateway for kids to become full time fans, we started with two kids and an adult now we are one kid and a youth so shortly we'll have two youths and probably move elsewhere in the ground thus freeing up a couple of kids seats. Where is the problem with that if the tickets are appropriately purchased? We started when ST sales were 7-8k and no one moaned then, even more recently there were overseas fans being congratulated for purchasing STs even though they can't attend, Imo the only games where it will be a problem are the 3 mentioned but do we just stop encouraging the new youngsters?
    The same rubbish was spouted about the loyalty scheme and the club succumbed to the vocal minority and scrapped it totally, hopefully they're not so daft this time
    Agreed 100%

Quote Originally Posted by 60 North View Post
    Hi, been registered on here for years but this is my first post so please be gentle with me.

With regards to the OP, I answered the call and bought myself and my 9 year old nephew a season ticket each for this season. I bought the tickets before the fixtures were released. This was a bit of a gamble for me as apart from living in Orkney I also work at sea on a 4 week on 4 week off rota so I knew I would be missing games. And I don't half miss games...before the split I will only be ashore for seven games and one of those is on the 30th December and I don't know whether I will be able to go to that one as it could be dodgy getting back to Orkney on the 31st. The only 'big' game that I do get is the derby on the 10th March. I would love to be able to take advantage of the guaranteed semi-final ticket for my nephew and myself but once again my work gets in the way as I don't get off the ship until the 26th, two days after the derby. So far for every game we can't make I have informed the ticket office and they have put our tickets up for resale. I don't know whether they have ever resold them but if they have it's a few more pounds into the clubs coffers.

I realise that this isn't the case for everyone in the family section but please don't penalise, or suggest penalising those of us that would love to go to more games than we are able to.

I'm sorry if I have been a bit long winded but it isn't always as cut and dried as some may think
    This is a great story 60 North. Travelling to home games back and forth from Orkney. Massive journey, and huge cost!
    Well done to you and your newphew!
    Are you a member of Orkney Hibs, used to be a Retailer who sold the gas that ran it, think they all came to see Hibs in mass each season

If you can’t make any of the Category A games, why don’t you tell Hibs and they can resell your seats
    The Hearts game next week is sold out, if you can’t make it, Hibs I’m sure will be happy to sell them

Thanks for posting, keep contributing, as I like to read a wide range of views on here

Left by mutual consent!
    Is this something we should really be getting worked up about? Personally I have nothing but admiration for folk who know they can't get to many (or perhaps any!) games yet shell out on a season ticket regardless due to their loyalty to the club and their desire to help them out financially.

As for yesterday's game, it was the first day of a ten-day half-term break for the Edinburgh schools so there's a good chance a lot of families will have gone away for a few days, resulting in a few more empty seats than usual.

Lovely as it would be from an aesthetic point of view to see every seat filled when more than 19k have been sold for the game, but I think we should just be delighted we're now shifting these sort of numbers of tickets.

'S' Form
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This is a great story 60 North. Travelling to home games back and forth from Orkney. Massive journey, and huge cost!
    Well done to you and your newphew!
    Are you a member of Orkney Hibs, used to be a Retailer who sold the gas that ran it, think they all came to see Hibs in mass each season

If you can’t make any of the Category A games, why don’t you tell Hibs and they can resell your seats
    The Hearts game next week is sold out, if you can’t make it, Hibs I’m sure will be happy to sell them

Thanks for posting, keep contributing, as I like to read a wide range of views on here
    I'm not sure whether I'm doing this right or not but bear with me.

I do let Hibs know when I can't get to games so hopefully they have been able to re-sell our seats.

I used to be a member of Orkney Hibs but I moved up to Shetland and lived there for a few years so lost touch with them and don't know whether they are still on the go or not. Now that I have moved back to Orkney I will have to try and find out whether they are still on the go. I did manage one trip down with them, I think it was 2006/07 season. We did the stadium tour and lunch in the Captains Lounge (at least I think it was there). It was a great trip down and I would certainly do it again

The nephew lives Aberdeenshire and we are pretty sure that he is the only Hibby in his school. He wasn't very pleased with yesterdays result

I'm not sure whether I'm doing this right or not but bear with me.

I do let Hibs know when I can't get to games so hopefully they have been able to re-sell our seats.

I used to be a member of Orkney Hibs but I moved up to Shetland and lived there for a few years so lost touch with them and don't know whether they are still on the go or not. Now that I have moved back to Orkney I will have to try and find out whether they are still on the go. I did manage one trip down with them, I think it was 2006/07 season. We did the stadium tour and lunch in the Captains Lounge (at least I think it was there). It was a great trip down and I would certainly do it again

The nephew lives Aberdeenshire and we are pretty sure that he is the only Hibby in his school. He wasn't very pleased with yesterdays result
    Good on you doing that
    Not sure how you’re doing it, but just email to
    tickets@hibernianfc.co.uk
    Ask them to acknowledge your email

Empty seats in family stand? Start of school holidays perhaps?

Instead of punishing unused seats, engage with the season ticket holders and see why they aren't being used and offer incentives for the seats to be released or offer a preferential rate to upgrade kids season tickets to an adult for odd games.

'S' Form
    Good on you doing that
    Not sure how you’re doing it, but just email to
    tickets@hibernianfc.co.uk
    Ask them to acknowledge your email
    I normally phone the ticket office and give them our names and client ref. numbers but cheers for the email address as we don't always have a phone signal on the ship

I normally phone the ticket office and give them our names and client ref. numbers but cheers for the email address as we don't always have a phone signal on the ship
    Are you able to go to the Hibs game at Pittodrie on Saturday 16th December. If you can, send me a PM, and I can arrange to get you tickets beside us, and introduce you to some of the posters on here😄

@hibs.net private member AndyB_70's Avatar
    Mountcastle (don't tell anyone I've left Leith)
    I know a few ST holders that missed yesterday as its the start of the Edinburgh school holidays and they have vanished off to sunny Florida. Part time gits.

I emailed the ticket office last week to see if the seat beside me was available for my other son. They said it wasn't as another season ticket holder has it. It's not been used so far this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    I emailed the ticket office last week to see if the seat beside me was available for my other son. They said it wasn't as another season ticket holder has it. It's not been used so far this season.
    That's annoying and if there was a cost effective way for the club to monitor the use and ask the ticket holder about incidences like this then fair play (continually unused). When my wife comes with us we generally buy her a ticket close to us and after a short spell into the game we either move to four empty seats together or she will find two and our daughter sits with her, this is obviously due to the number of unused seats. One point I will add is that although kids,don't go to every game when they are there they will spend a significant amount in the shop so adding to their 'Hibs spend' over the season to dwarf the price of their season ticket.

'S' Form
    Are you able to go to the Hibs game at Pittodrie on Saturday 16th December. If you can, send me a PM, and I can arrange to get you tickets beside us, and introduce you to some of the posters on here😄
    Thank you very much for the offer, I really appreciate it but that game is slap bang in the middle of my next trip on the ship. We will be getting to two games during my next leave. Going to be at the Dundee game on the 4th and the St Johnstone game on the 18th. Hopefully be able to meet up with some of you guys in the future though.