hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar

Scotland need to Boldly go

Where no team has gone before, against Slovenia.

According to 'Live Score' app, Slovenia are undefeated at home in this campaign, and not only that, they have not even lost a goal at home yet.
    Fair to say, we have our work cut out qualify for the play-offs. The lads are playing well enough to get the win, probably the best in the section at the moment, and that includes engerlund.
    Last edited by MB62; 06-10-2017 at 08:35 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where no team has gone before, against Slovenia.

According to 'Live Score' app, Slovenia are undefeated at home in this campaign, and not only that, they have not even lost a goal at home yet.
    Fair to say, we have our work cut out qualify for the play-offs. The lads are playing well enough to get the win, probably the best in the section at the moment, and that includes engerlund.
    Baldy could also be a good word or boldly

It's going to be tough and tense, that's for sure.
    Not conceding is vital, since I can't see us scoring twice against such a tight defence.
    A draw sees us go out on goal difference but surely that's too ordinary for Scotland?
    The lack of creativity and energy in midfield is a worry but Strachan is not going to change his line up or his approach. We definitely need more from the wide players.
    A lot will depend on Slovenia's attitude. Remember when we went out there and skelped them 3-0 with nothing to play for?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by number9dream View Post
    Not conceding is vital, since I can't see us scoring twice against such a tight defence.
    A draw sees us go out on goal difference but surely that's too ordinary for Scotland?
    The lack of creativity and energy in midfield is a worry but Strachan is not going to change?

So true, sadly.

This has all the makings of another epic... so near and yet so far. But at least we still have hope!

If Armstrong had just blootered the ball into row z against England we would be in the play offs today.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillsidehibby View Post
    If Armstrong had just blootered the ball into row z against England we would be in the play offs today.
    Correct

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    Boldy old dough.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Please don't split your infinitives...

...or misspell whole worlds

Quote Originally Posted by number9dream View Post
    The lack of creativity and energy in midfield is a worry but Strachan is not going to change his line up or his approach. We definitely need more from the wide players.
    A lot will depend on Slovenia's attitude. Remember when we went out there and skelped them 3-0 with nothing to play for?
    A great result last night, and another good performance, both of which are still needed on Sunday (although a gobbed 1-0 will do). Strachan went for his 'safe' option in playing Fletcher but I felt we more needed the drive of SJM in midfield, especially when they went down to 10 men (don't why they were complaining, the guy had to go and the ref got it right).
    I really can't see what Phillips contributes to a game. The man struggles to control the ball, hardly ever beats his man and even when he does, he almost ALWAYS loses it. If Martin Boyle had more self belief in his game, I would rather see him in there, in all honesty though, I reckon Jamie Walker would be a better bet

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsidehibby View Post

Or if Strachan wasn't an arrogant arse and selected Griffiths earlier. Or we'd beaten Lithuania at home. Group was there for the taking, if we are going to do it it's going to be the hard way again

@hibs.net private member
    A great result last night, and another good performance, both of which are still needed on Sunday (although a gobbed 1-0 will do). Strachan went for his 'safe' option in playing Fletcher but I felt we more needed the drive of SJM in midfield, especially when they went down to 10 men (don't why they were complaining, the guy had to go and the ref got it right).
    I really can't see what Phillips contributes to a game. The man struggles to control the ball, hardly ever beats his man and even when he does, he almost ALWAYS loses it. If Martin Boyle had more self belief in his game, I would rather see him in there, in all honesty though, I reckon Jamie Walker would be a better bet
    That Martin Boyle view is surely with green tinted eyes .....

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Or if Strachan wasn't an arrogant arse and selected Griffiths earlier. Or we'd beaten Lithuania at home. Group was there for the taking, if we are going to do it it's going to be the hard way again
    Not having LG in the team from the start of the campaign is gross negligence IMO! If we had adopted a similar approach to how Lennon set us up against Celtic when they went down to 10, we'd have skelped them last night.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    That Martin Boyle view is surely with green tinted eyes .....
    Not at all.

BTW when did LRT change their buses to green?
    I believe tomorrow is going to be a cracker of a day - Green sky at night

Not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post

Strachan is one dimensional.in his set up and thinking last night was screaming out for another midfielder who would get forward and be a goal threat ...Morrison, Phillips were poor why did we need Fletcher and Morrison sitting alongside each other for 70 minutes....
    Anya on 8 minutes to go ?? What the ???
    Griffiths was far too isolated last night and that needs.to change for Sunday we need to win and putting the same.team out as last night wont do it, if he doesn't want to change.it much swap McGinn for Morrison. Philips needs to take a game he does alright but thats not enough at this level.

Phillips wasn't great last night but has played well in previous games. We're a small side and he gives an aerial threat too - before Martin came on, Gordon was aiming any long ball or goal kick to Phillips and he did ok in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoasthibby View Post
    Strachan is one dimensional.in his set up and thinking last night was screaming out for another midfielder who would get forward and be a goal threat ...Morrison, Phillips were poor why did we need Fletcher and Morrison sitting alongside each other for 70 minutes....
    Anya on 8 minutes to go ?? What the ???
    Griffiths was far too isolated last night and that needs.to change for Sunday we need to win and putting the same.team out as last night wont do it, if he doesn't want to change.it much swap McGinn for Morrison. Philips needs to take a game he does alright but thats not enough at this level.
    Anya - what the???? He set up the goal FFS! Tierney had tired and naturally cuts in so Anya gave us better width down the right. 2 of Strachan's subs combining so how about you give him some credit?

He wasn't one dimensional either. When he brought on Martin, we went 4-4-2 and Bannan switching to the left did really well and put some great balls in.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    He wasn't one dimensional either. When he brought on Martin, we went 4-4-2 and Bannan switching to the left did really well and put some great balls in.
    Brought on someone with aerial presence..............for the only person putting crosses in the box. Strachan got very lucky last night IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Please don't split your infinitives...

...or misspell whole worlds

Split infinitives are now widely tolerated, sadly. The grammar police of a certain age are now reduced to muttering about a grammatical golden age whilst the current generation misuse words like 'random' and 'savage' without fear of reprisals. Blame southern california.

@hibs.net private member
    Not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudster View Post
    Brought on someone with aerial presence..............for the only person putting crosses in the box. Strachan got very lucky last night IMO
    He brought on Martin for Forrest - if you didn't notice Robertson, Tierney, Phillips, Bannan, Anya putting crosses in the box last night, I don't know what you were watching

We'll win on Sunday then lose the play off. Guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    He brought on Martin for Forrest - if you didn't notice Robertson, Tierney, Phillips, Bannan, Anya putting crosses in the box last night, I don't know what you were watching
    Robertson did once or twice, Tierney couldn't for trying to get it back on his left (the reason he came off), Phillips didn't Bannan didn't and Anya wasn't on the pitch at the time

Robertson did once or twice, Tierney couldn't for trying to get it back on his left (the reason he came off), Phillips didn't Bannan didn't and Anya wasn't on the pitch at the time
    You should watch it again.

Martin coming on also immediately made Griffiths more of a threat

Shame that some folk are unable to give Strachan any credit but people see what they want to see

Even if we do beat Slovenia, it's still going to be really hard in the playoffs. I think I'm right in saying that the Netherlands, Italy and Sweden are still possible 2nd placers?

I didn't think Robertson was all that good. His crosses were duds.

@hibs.net private member
    Aye and if yer auntie had bollox she'd be yer uncle - Strachan predicted exactly how the game would unfold - said it would be very tight and we would probably need to be patient and that is EXACTLY how things panned out.

IMO you make your own luck - but then some people are never happy unless they've got something to moan about.

First Team Regular howdenthehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    Sublime message here ! Strachan needs to call up sir David Gray to score a late winner in the 92nd minute to send us through to the Qualifiers.