hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Could Aberdeen Sell Out The Whole of the South?

On the basis they took 7,000 to Murrayfield?

I doubt it. That was on the novelty of playing in a national stadium.

That said, the trip to Edinburgh might have appealed so I suspect higher than normal demand. They could do up to 2,500 instead of the usual 1,500.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member PercyHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

That said, the trip to Edinburgh might have appealed so I suspect higher than normal demand. They could do up to 2,500 instead of the usual 1,500.
    Should we offer them more tickets if we think our own fans would sell out??

Aberdeen have asked for more tickets but I see we've almost sold out the rest of the ground.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Aberdeen always have a loyal away following and take a good support everywhere. Not sure they could sell the entire south for a league game though.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

They are joint top of the League i think they could Sell it out and they have asked for more Tickets as Sold out original Allocation
    I suspect they will shift enough to prevent Hibs Fans going in the South if Hubs continue to give them more Tickets So would be good to get Hibs position on this fixture soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibs simply must cater for our own fans first

Aberdeen have sold out their initial allocation, fair enough - but if there's only 700 tickets left for a big game in over a weeks time I don't think we should give Aberdeen more tickets yet.

How many is/was their inital allocation?

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

Could Aberdeen Sell Out The Whole of the South?

They've asked Hibs for more tickets. A waiting list is in operation. Oh and their loyalty points system seems to work a treat.....

Last edited by Hermit Crab; 04-10-2017 at 03:27 PM.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Shove their waiting list

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    Shove their waiting list

We have around 700 tickets left. Good chance we will give them the whole South. If we do we only have ourselves to blame for nt selling out the home ends.

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    We have around 700 tickets left. Good chance we will give them the whole South. If we do we only have ourselves to blame for nt selling out the home ends.
    The game is still 10 days away, and to have less than 700 left is good going. Would imagine the 700 will be gone by early next week, at which point the South will be opened up for Hibs fans to buy tickets.

Given they are joint top of the league thanks to Hibs doing them a favour there's every chance they could sell 3,000 tickets, though I doubt they could shift the 3,900 it would take to fill the south, given that they couldn't even shift their full allocation for this years cup final. Don't get me wrong, given the distance their fans have to travel compared to most clubs their away support is very good, when was the last time we took over 2,000 to Pittodrie?

Having said that I don't see why we should be giving Aberdeen a full stand when there's every chance we could fill at least a third of the south with Hibs fans ..... If that looks unlikely by next Monday afternoon then fine, but we should hold off until then IMO

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    More than sure that they could sell out. Would be an interesting statistic if our biggest home crowd of the season was not against the full-fat or diet Huns or Celtc.

Left by mutual consent!
    Would I **** be giving them the full South, should be giving everyone a small corner Ibrox style in order to make the place a fortress.

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Given they are joint top of the league thanks to Hibs doing them a favour there's every chance they could sell 3,000 tickets, though I doubt they could shift the 3,900 it would take to fill the south, given that they couldn't even shift their full allocation for this years cup final. Don't get me wrong, given the distance their fans have to travel compared to most clubs their away support is very good, when was the last time we took over 2,000 to Pittodrie?

Having said that I don't see why we should be giving Aberdeen a full stand when there's every chance we could fill at least a third of the south with Hibs fans ..... If that looks unlikely by next Monday afternoon then fine, but we should hold off until then IMO
    Monday sounds about right to me - we cam't worry about people who are holding off buying a ticket given the possibility that tickets will not be available.

It's not as if having Hibs fans in the South adds anything to the atmosphere and given the fans' performance at Parkhead I can't see us being outshouted no matter how many sheep fans there are.

I also think ticket scrambles are good for the club as they add value to the tickets - more STs sold in December can't be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    Would I **** be giving them the full South, should be giving everyone a small corner Ibrox style in order to make the place a fortress.
    Like it makes Ibrox a fortress?

Amyway, the way the team is developing I can see ER becoming a fortress regardless of how many away fans there are.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post

No murrayfield was a major one off from them. Our club should give the remaining seats to hibs supporters.

Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    More than sure that they could sell out. Would be an interesting statistic if our biggest home crowd of the season was not against the full-fat or diet Huns or Celtc.
    Sheep wont take More than hearts or celtic

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Agreed. I don't like giving the Old Firm the full stand, though I appreciate there are financial benefits. I just don't see why we should, when they give us around one thousand tickets each. We should at least be demanding more tickets at their stadia. Hearts is fair enough: it's a reciprocal arrangement and adds to the derby atmosphere.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    How many is/was their inital allocation?
    1500-2000?

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokesy's on fire View Post
    1500-2000?

Sheep wont take More than hearts or celtic
    No, but they could sell out the South - thereafter it is a question of how many Hibs fans turn up.

Quote Originally Posted by crabis View Post
    No, but they could sell out the South - thereafter it is a question of how many Hibs fans turn up.
    Our fans can sell out half the south based on tickets already sold and i think its only fair that we give our own fans first choice. The sheep can get stuffed

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I hope we aren't even considering giving them more tickets. The game is not for another week and a half. The tickets should go to hibs fans.

United we stand here....

We shouldn't be accommodating more Aberdeen fans if we can accomodate more Hibs fans that's the bottom line. Give them half the south and us the other half. We had over 17k against Motherwell for goodness sake. I don't want Hibs fans prevented from going because of away fans.

Our fans can sell out half the south based on tickets already sold and i think its only fair that we give our own fans first choice. The sheep can get stuffed
    That isn't the point being made - you can't have a record attendance if the South is split given the need for separation.

On the point you are now making, then, if we ever want to have the South permanently half-full of Hibs fans then we need to create demand - and running out of tickets does just that.

Keeping South seats empty for the slowcoach fans means a decrease in demand as fans can just stroll up on the day if they have a mind to - it just isn't a sensible way to get more Hibs fans in.

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    We shouldn't be accommodating more Aberdeen fans if we can accommodate more Hibs fans that's the bottom line. Give them half the south and us the other half. We had over 17k against Motherwell for goodness sake. I don't want Hibs fans prevented from going because of away fans.
    The tickets for Aberdeen have been on sale for weeks if not months. There are still plenty of tickets not sold. If people want to convince the club not to allocate more tickets to the visitors this requires the seats to be bought well in advance and not hanging around until the last minute and swanning in.

This has not been an issue so far this season as none of the visiting teams so far were ever going to fill more than one third of the South Stand. It's not an issue for the Hearts match given the (informal) agreement between the clubs. It certainly is an issue for Aberdeen and could be for the Celtc and Sevco matches. You can hardly blame the club for allocating more tickets to anyone who will be able to fill the South Stand if Hibs fans remain tardy at buying tickets in advance.

Not being able to get a ticket for the sheep match may be the shock that could change attitudes.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    the Sheep can Ram any suggestion of extra tickets

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    The tickets for Aberdeen have been on sale for weeks if not months. There are still plenty of tickets not sold. If people want to convince the club not to allocate more tickets to the visitors this requires the seats to be bought well in advance and not hanging around until the last minute and swanning in.

This has not been an issue so far this season as none of the visiting teams so far were ever going to fill more than one third of the South Stand. It's not an issue for the Hearts match given the (informal) agreement between the clubs. It certainly is an issue for Aberdeen and could be for the Celtc and Sevco matches. You can hardly blame the club for allocating more tickets to anyone who will be able to fill the South Stand if Hibs fans remain tardy at buying tickets in advance.

Not being able to get a ticket for the sheep match may be the shock that could change attitudes.
    I'm convinced we'll sell this out. A lot of folk will want to walk up on the day

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    the Sheep can Ram any suggestion of extra tickets
    Easy for ewe to say!