hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SJM Value

SJM Value

Realistically, what can we expect for John Mcginn in January? I don't believe we will hold on to him past January and so hoping we get a good deal for him.

In my opinion 7 - 10 million is not out of the question.

Discuss....

2. Log in to remove the advert

At least 12.6m...

Plus add ons

Unless he signs a new deal, we'll not get as much as we should

Left by mutual consent!
    £21.05m

He's still progressing as a player under Lennon so I hope he stays 1more year but if he leaves then minimum 5mill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    If he's refusing to sign a new deal then Hibs are getting into murky territory with only 18 months on his contract.

I think he's a cracking player who still has the potential to go up another level or two.

I hope we won't get any more derogatory offers from the likes of the breadman but I still can't see us getting anything above £3m.

He's worth much more IMO but then way Scottish football is perceived I still can't see anyone in England paying seriously big money for him.

an undisclosed sum plus Hendo.......

Left by mutual consent!
    Up here we get what players are probably worth and not a penny more, total piss take.

SJM should be costing a club north of £5m, we will likely get about £2-3m.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by sauzee6_2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Realistically, what can we expect for John Mcginn in January? I don't believe we will hold on to him past January and so hoping we get a good deal for him.

Discuss....
    Why should we sell him in January? He'll be a Hibs player with still a season and a half to go on his contract.

My selling price would be one squnitillion

New contract and we could get north of 5m. Without a new deal we'll get 2m at most.

@hibs.net private member

Discuss....
    I can see Celtic coming in for him but I hope they don't insult us offering a straight swap involving Henderson. Henderson plus Sparky maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenttwo View Post
    I can see Celtic coming in for him but I hope they don't insult us offering a straight swap involving Henderson. Henderson plus Sparky maybe
    Do you honestly believe they will offer Griffiths for a guy with 18 months on his contract??

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    Up here we get what players are probably worth and not a penny more, total piss take.

SJM should be costing a club north of £5m, we will likely get about £2-3m.
    I think you're right, Trips; we'd probably get around £3 million, when he's worth more.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

If we could get £12 Mill for him we could build a new stand, couldn't we Ann?

What, seats are extra!!! You're having a laugh.

We'll just hang on to him then. He'll be worth £20 Mill by this time next year. We could get new windies included for that.

If he played like that every week he would have premiership teams after him.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    If he played like that every week he would have premiership teams after him.
    A £40 million bid from Man City? Let's talk
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Discuss....
    Whatever we get when he goes, let's not forget St Mirren are due a hefty cut!

Sent from my P12 using Tapatalk

Hibs should be actively touting John to every club with decent money. Ok we know we'd like him to sign a new deal and stay but he's not going to, so the more competition for his signature the better. If Celtic are the only bidder, we'll get stuffed. If a couple of top Champ or lower EPL clubs show interest .... different story.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Both Henderson's and Sparky would be great.

Left by mutual consent!
    LG will be getting paid way over what we can and will be looking for even more on next contract be it at Celtic or a transfer.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    £3m + Henderson

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    If we maintain the summer estimate in January then no one will match it and we'll keep Mcginn until next summer. At that point, £1-£1.5m considering he would have a year left on his contract.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    LG will be getting paid way over what we can and will be looking for even more on next contract be it at Celtic or a transfer.
    Perhaps Murray may be looking for something to invest as he looks for something in addition to Cromlix to invest in ;)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

The biggest thing restricting what players we can ever get in is the wages we can afford to pay.

One of the reasons why we have to keep the attendances high.
    The difference between a 10,000 average gate and selling out every one of 19 home league games is not far off £5m a year.
    That's around £90,000 a week extra that could go to the wages (minus whatever more knowledgeable folks than me will point out it costs the club).

First Team Regular scm70nyd1973's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TorMTH View Post
    Whatever we get when he goes, let's not forget St Mirren are due a hefty cut!

Sent from my P12 using Tapatalk
    So we get Sparky and Hendo but what bits of them go to St Mirren - not sure they would fancy losing bits of their bods - in all seriousness though (and excuse my ignorance) how does it work when you have this scenario - is it maybe that the St Mirren clause will say no swap or partial swap deal allowed ?

absolutely no way will Celtic sell Griffiths to us. wont be entertained at this moment. Griffiths will end his career at HIbs but thats a long way off

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scm70nyd1973 View Post
    So we get Sparky and Hendo but what bits of them go to St Mirren - not sure they would fancy losing bits of their bods - in all seriousness though (and excuse my ignorance) how does it work when you have this scenario - is it maybe that the St Mirren clause will say no swap or partial swap deal allowed ?
    I have absolutely no idea but I'd presume Hibs and St Mirren would have to agree a value for Henderson. So say we got 1m plus Henderson and the clubs agreed he was worth 500k then we'd be due St Mirren 500k as the total value of the deal is £1.5m presuming there sell on clause was 33%

First Team Breakthrough DirtyDeeds's Avatar
    Ignoring the fact that Griffiths achievements of the last few seasons make him worth a hell of a lot more than SJM...... lunacy if anyone GENUINELY thinks he'd be part of any deal, guy is worth upwards of £7m if selling to the bloated English market

First Team Regular scm70nyd1973's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I have absolutely no idea but I'd presume Hibs and St Mirren would have to agree a value for Henderson. So say we got 1m plus Henderson and the clubs agreed he was worth 500k then we'd be due St Mirren 500k as the total value of the deal is £1.5m presuming there sell on clause was 33%
    There must be some mechanism built in if St Mirren had ever agreed to it in the first place - FWIW I don't ever think we'd get Sparky anyway - if we did I'd take his left peg, thumbs (post goal viewing for Jambos) and his napper - STM can have the rest !

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    £3m + Henderson
    This is how I think it will play out.