hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neil Lennon

Neil Lennon

So glad this man is Hibs manager, and will be for years to come.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by CathroMustStay View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So glad this man is Hibs manager, and will be for years to come.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Can’t disagree with that!

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Absolutely.

By far my favourite ever Hibs manager. Fills me with confidence that this is only just the beginning of some tremendous times.

We'll get stronger the longer he's with us. Loving it.

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    The most important thing is he seems happy and content with the job. Has brought a lot of steel to the team.

We have a manager who has that winning mentality installed in them. Some are born with it and he’s one. I think he could take us that step up that others couldn’t. Next season Hibs will want second without a doubt.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    They better be wanting at least second this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    We have a manager who has that winning mentality installed in them. Some are born with it and he’s one. I think he could take us that step up that others couldn’t. Next season Hibs will want second without a doubt.
    if we can get into europe and start winning a few games in Europe I think our season ticket sales will keep going up. Maybe time to get some feasibility studies done on them corners.....

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    They better be wanting at least second this season.
    Agree, I think Lennon will want it but not sure it’s a step to far to soon. Maybe not though if we can avoid stupid defeats like the Hamilton game then no reason we can’t be in the mix for second.

Waheyyy! Lenny!

He's better looking than Rodgers too. He's a creepy-looking c***.

First Team Regular Billy McKirdy's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: N?A Wii Code: N?A
    Don’t know if anyone listened to his pre match interview on the BBC but he did allude to possibly returning to manage Celtic again one day, he’s here for as long as he’s here,and I’m looking no further beyond each transfer window, we should enjoy his tenure as much as possible

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Absolutely.

By far my favourite ever Hibs manager. Fills me with confidence that this is only just the beginning of some tremendous times.

We'll get stronger the longer he's with us. Loving it.
    Spot on.

I got a text fi a jambo mate today saying "Hibs are good in the big games, that's annoying"

They ****ing hate that and know fine well the chickens have come home to roost.

2014 did see Hibernian Reborn and I love it. Never felt such a connection and togetherness to the club

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marinehibby View Post
    Don’t know if anyone listened to his pre match interview on the BBC but he did allude to possibly returning to manage Celtic again one day, he’s here for as long as he’s here,and I’m looking no further beyond each transfer window, we should enjoy his tenure as much as possible
    Yeh I heard that as well.

Suppose if they come calling when Rogers leaves it would be hard to turn down.

The level they compete at regularly and size of the club would be hard to turn down

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marinehibby View Post

He's said similar before. Not surprising.

The good about Rodgers celtc and Lennie, is that Rodgers will want to get 10 titles and very few clubs bigger than Liverpool will want to take a chance on him after he spent £250M on Liverpool to make them ordinary. The clubs smaller than Liverpool in England won't be paying much more than celtc, so prestige and not money will be the lure. Our main issue might be if he does well in Europe that a big European club might be tempted to take a punt. So if Rodgers stays at celtc then Lennie could stay at Hibs for a couple of settled years, unless we win the league and then all bets are off.

For the time being he'll do for me.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    He could be our Alex Ferguson. He gets Hibs. You can tell by his passion for us.

@hibs.net private member
    I'm delighted within him in charge, this was a fantastic result but he needs to get the players delivering performances like that every week.

I think we're getting there and have no doubt he's the man to take us forward.

We are however sitting in 6th place at the moment with a couple of tough games coming up.

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Spot on.

I got a text fi a jambo mate today saying "Hibs are good in the big games, that's annoying"

They ****ing hate that and know fine well the chickens have come home to roost.

2014 did see Hibernian Reborn and I love it. Never felt such a connection and togetherness to the club

@hibs.net private member
    Doing ok for me. Poor home form, inconsistent and mid table with 2 teams above us who have nowhere near our budget. Talk of Ru s in Europe are very premature butthere are some signs of improvement mostly because we have a more settled defense imo.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    I'm delighted within him in charge, this was a fantastic result but he needs to get the players delivering performances like that every week.

We are however sitting in 6th place at the moment with a couple of tough games coming up.
    We are well clear in 6th and only one point off third

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    We are well clear in 6th and only one point off third
    Absolutely but we're playing Aberdeen and Hearts next.

I'm not too concerned about facing Potter but it's a derby and anything can happen.

Aberdeen will be a real test and pure home form isn't great.

We need to start showing consistency and beating teams like Dundee, St Johnstone and Motherwell.

Left by mutual consent!
    I still can't see the love and would swap Stubbs back in an instant.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Come on man - Stubbsy left us for pastures new - Lennon now holds the Golden Chalice of Hibernian management and has brought no little skill and determination to the task so far in securing promotion and setting us up as an SPL team again. He's picked up the good work that Stubbs did and taken it forward. Hibs is a tough job in management - big city club pressure and all that with small time SPL budgets - has seen many try and fail. Lenny has taken about the task of managing Hibs with gusto though and seems to be really enjoying it - his results have been good and he's developing a winning style - every reason for the love in

Ever get tired of trolling?

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post

We r also a point off 3rd

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Lennon has us where we are. Stubbs is a legend for the cup win but badly failed in the league when it mattered. Time to move on and try to support the new guy in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Lennon has us where we are. Stubbs is a legend for the cup win but badly failed in the league when it mattered. Time to move on and try to support the new guy in charge.
    Badly failed is a massive exaggeration. Lennons championship team wouldnt have got promoted ahead of Hearts or Rangers either.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    Come on man - Stubbsy left us for pastures new - Lennon now holds the Golden Chalice of Hibernian management and has brought no little skill and determination to the task so far in securing promotion and setting us up as an SPL team again. He's picked up the good work that Stubbs did and taken it forward. Hibs is a tough job in management - big city club pressure and all that with small time SPL budgets - has seen many try and fail. Lenny has taken about the task of managing Hibs with gusto though and seems to be really enjoying it - his results have been good and he's developing a winning style - every reason for the love in
    The thing is I can actually see where you are coming from and there's no doubt Stubbs would have been exactly the same at Celtic Park with the reception yesterday but I just can't let go of Stubbs. It's a mental thing.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Ever get tired of trolling?
    Gives a few instances then columbo

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    He didn't badly fail. He had the hardest job out both managers and delivered the Scottish cup. I wouldn't change it for the world.