hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Terry Butcher.

Terry Butcher.

Did anyone else just hear his interview on BT sports? Basically says he regretted the way he done things at Hibs and shouldn’t have ranted and raved at them.

Thomson was next to him and he says “as Kevin will prob tell you I’m a ranting and raving kind of guy.” He actually held up his hand and said he was sorry and would change the way he done things and apologised!! Couldn’t actually believe what I was hearing.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Act well there's no point in being bitter.

You could say that we wouldn't have won the Scottish cup if we hadn't gone down and regenerated.

I'll stop short of thanking him though.😉

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

You could say that we wouldn't have won the Scottish cup if we hadn't gone down and regenerated.

Good point👍

No I’m not bitter I’m shocked! I didn’t think he’d ever admit he was wrong. Was almost feeling a tad sorry then i remembered how he bullied some of the players and thought **** him 😁

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GlasMatt PSN ID: mrxblaikiex
    He's touting for the Hun job as an interim when they sack Pedro and can't afford anyone else ..... **** him!

He can tell it to Ray Wilkins.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Did anyone else just hear his interview on BT sports? Basically says he regretted the way he done things at Hibs and shouldn’t have ranted and raved at them.

Thomson was next to him and he says “as Kevin will prob tell you I’m a ranting and raving kind of guy.” He actually held up his hand and said he was sorry and would change the way he done things and apologised!! Couldn’t actually believe what I was hearing.
    Maradonna held his hand up so hopefully Butcher will forgive him.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    He's probably after a job so saying what he thinks will help.

Quote Originally Posted by blaikie View Post
    He's touting for the Hun job as an interim when they sack Pedro and can't afford anyone else ..... **** him!
    I hope he gets it.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    He got us relegated from a decent league position. He can do one.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GlasMatt PSN ID: mrxblaikiex
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    I hope he gets it.
    With Colin Calderwood as assistant!

About damn time he took responsibility for what he done to our club. Granted the players he had weren't great names but the position in which he took over after Fenlon made it unforgivable for the way in which he sunk our club to the Championship.

Left by mutual consent!
    I'm still at a loss as to how we managed to screw up a 2 goal advantage at home to Hamilton.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Hardly recognised him. He looks much much older than I thought.

Did KT comment?

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries

Huge credit where it's due imo. Will be about the only time you ever see a manager come out with something like that. Wins back a bit of respect from me.

Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    Did KT comment?
    He smiled and then changed to what’s happening at The Rangers. Dodged it very well.

Hilarious Thomson saying the players didn't down tools when they blatantly did.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I'll always respect someone admitting they are wrong, especially in a very public way.

Should never have been near our club and is a dreadful manager and not a very nice person, but fair play to him for admitting his blame.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I'll always respect someone admitting they are wrong, especially in a very public way.

Should never have been near our club and is a dreadful manager and not a very nice person, but fair play to him for admitting his blame.
    Didn't see the interview, but can't abide the guy. We spent three years in the second tier thanks to his mismanagement and the worst ever run of form. Big useless, brainless Tory ****. I can't forgive what he did to us: it was totally amateur and embarrassing.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Cheap admission, only took a full 4 years to find a conscience and some honesty. Had he said that shortly after Hibs sacked him, tried to find a job or refused the payoff for being wholly incompetent/ / useless there was half a chance Hibs fans MAY have cut him some slack but he didn't, Took the wage, big payoff, blamed everyone else and left Hibs and Hibs fans to pick up the pieces of his gross mismanagement.

Awful manager and not much of a man.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    The hibs players? They didn't down tools. Just average players with no confidence whatsoever and that was down to Butcher.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Cheap admission, only took a full 4 years to find a conscience and some honesty. Had he said that shortly after Hibs sacked him, tried to find a job or refused the payoff for being wholly incompetent/ / useless there was half a chance Hibs fans MAY have cut him some slack but he didn't, Took the wage, big payoff, blamed everyone else and left Hibs and Hibs fans to pick up the pieces of his gross mismanagement.

He's a disgrace.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post

He's maybe only just realised this after a period of introspection

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    I don't believe any players down tools ( especially KT) .They just weren't good enough so you're comment is nonsense

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by blaikie View Post
    Wow, could you imagine it if butcher did get the job - he'd 'Out-Muppet' all the previous incumbents !!!, Please Lord - just one more favour ...................... ??

Left by mutual consent!
    And to think the majority of fans on this board wanted him as manager.

I still shudder.

Fair play to me though as I was wanting him sacked in January.

First Team Breakthrough
    Missed it. Did he actually say he regretted how he managed us ? Any mention of why Leean felt he was not the guy to take us forward ? Na didn’t think so . Absolute joker and Malpas is even worse with his 1970’s training.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    It's done now, and the whole episode is one I prefer not to spend too much time dwelling on. The club is in a good place right now, and growing stronger.