hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds

Lennon this weekend at Parkhead

I understand it's his former team, and all the emotions that come along with going back to Celtic in the opposing dugout etc, and all it brings. I for one just really hope there's no over the top love-in and Neil remembers he's there as manager of US!

Reading a few articles the past few days has been a bit sick worthy. 'Special club for me, emotional going back' etc. as I say, I get it, however it still leaves me a bit irritated..

Love our Neil and the work he's doing.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Not a chance.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I understand it's his former team, and all the emotions that come along with going back to Celtic in the opposing dugout etc, and all it brings. I for one just really hope there's no over the top love-in and Neil remembers he's there as manager of US!

Reading a few articles the past few days has been a bit sick worthy. 'Special club for me, emotional going back' etc. as I say, I get it, however it still leaves me a bit irritated..

If this was a Hibs legend visiting Easter Road as an opposition manager we would be lapping it up.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby

It was always going to be the main line of questioning to him in the build up to this game. His main quote for me is this tho

But it will be emotional for all of 30 seconds, then it’s down to work. Hibs are my team now
    He'll get a good response from the Celtic fans, so will make it even sweeter when at 4.50pm, we leave victorious

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Listen to him on Hibs tv, he says he is Hibernian manager now.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    I think Lennon will be absolutely desperate to beat Celtic

I am sure he won't forget who he works for now but I understand how he feels
    How do you think Stubbsy would be treated/feel if he came back to ER as a manager of another club?

Absolutely no doubt in my mind that Lennon will want to win this.

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    Absolutely no doubt in my mind that Lennon will want to win this.
    ... they talked to Lennon before appointing Rodgers. He and Stokes have a bit of a point to prove.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I expect he'll get a warm welcome from the Celtic fans and he'll give them a wave or a round of applause.

After that, it's down to the business of trying to get a result.

With the semi-final in mind, I'm praying we don't get thumped!
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

There's really no need to get irritated . Neil Lennon is a professional and fully committed to the Hibs cause, He'll be 100% focused on Hibs winning and there'll be nowt wrong with his memory. Just as Sparky will be putting a shift in for Celtc. It's not Roy of the Rovers stuff - we're talking about professionals here.

I'm not concerned in the slightest about Lennon

I am however slightly worried that Ambrose tries a little too hard to prove a point in front of the septic fans. Same goes for Stokes, needs to keep his heid

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    If this was a Hibs legend visiting Easter Road as an opposition manager we would be lapping it up.
    But it's not so we're not.

I actually don't think Lennon will be over the top with his "love in" with their fans. He'll probably acknowledge them with a wave at the start as he takes his seat on the bench then that will be it.

I have no doubts about where his loyalties will lie on Saturday.

He'll get a good reception, he'll give them a wave or a clap and then he'll get on with his job.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

As long as everyone knows they don't need to have a hissy fit if he acknowledges the Celtic support at all. This is all quite unique, and be's allowed to - unless it's a big mutual fawn-fest no one needs to get their knickers in a twist over what happens. It's not a Wilkins/Rangers affair.

He was a successful player and manager there, polite round of applause will be enough. He has already stated after 30 seconds its back to work. No doubt what so ever he wont be wanting to go there and be embarrassed. a good fighting performance. Free hit at celtic these days, nothing to lose.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Nothing to worry about imo and not sure it merits discussion unless they score and he crowd surfs into the celtc supporters behind the bench.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    There's every chance he'll rip off his Hibs tracksuit top to reveal a Celtic shirt then run into the centre circle, fall to his knees whilst kissing the badge and finish off by blessing himself and the fans in all 4 stands, before taking his proper seat on the home bench.

Least I'd expect, to be fair.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    There's every chance he'll rip off his Hibs tracksuit top to reveal a Celtic shirt then run into the centre circle, fall to his knees whilst kissing the badge and finish off by blessing himself and the fans in all 4 stands, before taking his proper seat on the home bench.

Kwality! Hoping it will be of the same variety that he gave at Greyskull after we equalised! Doubt it tho....

Hard to have problem with it, his name is synonymous with Celtic, player, captain, manager, the only guy to play for them and manage them in the Champions League too, it is what it is, the first time he'll have faced them as an opponent, he's a born winner though, he won't be taking a back seat, just the same way Leigh Griffiths loves Hibs but will put us to the sword if he gets an opportunity (although he won't revel in it)

Hopefully he runs down the touchline Mourinho-style when we score a late winner.

First Team Breakthrough LioNeilMessi's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: soakingdisk795
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutmegged View Post
    Hard to have problem with it, his name is synonymous with Celtic, player, captain, manager, the only guy to play for them and manage them in the Champions League too, it is what it is, the first time he'll have faced them as an opponent, he's a born winner though, he won't be taking a back seat, just the same way Leigh Griffiths loves Hibs but will put us to the sword if he gets an opportunity (although he won't revel in it)
    Not looking forward to us playing against Sparky for the first time on Saturday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    OP gets irritated way too easily I think.

Won't be an issue at all unless you let your hatred of Celtic get in the way.

Be prepared for him to wave to their fans. You gonna be ok??!

Quote Originally Posted by LioNeilMessi View Post
    Not looking forward to us playing against Sparky for the first time on Saturday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wonder what he'll be like when he scores.

He's a born and bread Celtic man. I get that. Won't bother me if he gives them a wave as long as we do the buisness on the park

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

I think he is saving that for when we go back to Ibrox

I understand it but I have to admit I don't overly like it. It will be even sweeter for Lennon to break the unbeaten record at Celtic park on his return though :)

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Wonder what he'll be like when he scores.
    Subdued! Very subdued ... might irritate a few Celtc but I think most accept he's a Hibee. Sparky might even wave to the Hibs fans before the game if/when Lennon's acknowledging any warmth that he gets from the home stands. Nothing to get knickers in a twist about!

I would be more disappointed if he did not get emotional. Would prove he lies about his attachments to clubs.

It is his raw emotion and loyalty that makes him the person he is.

Take the applause from their fans and then hand them their first defeat in a domestic competition in quite some time.

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    He's a born and bread Celtic man. I get that. Won't bother me if he gives them a wave as long as we do the buisness on the park
    Hopefully uses his loaf on Saturday.