hibs.net Messageboard

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

Parking for St Johnstone game

Just bought my ticket for Saturday and assumed parking at the ground would be fine, but just found out that there is a £5 (!) parking fee.

Is there anywhere nearby that is free to park in and not too far from the ground? I notice there's a Tesco next to the stadium but I assume parking enforcement would be pretty strict on matchdays.

2. Log in to remove the advert

[QUOTE=RagingReality;5162448]Just bought my ticket for Saturday and assumed parking at the ground would be fine, but just found out that there is a £5 (!) parking fee.

Is there anywhere nearby that is free to park in and not too far from the ground? I notice there's a Tesco next to the stadium but I assume parking enforcement would be pretty strict on matchdays.[/QUOTE Heard that Tesco enforce after 2 hours. don't know if that means yer car's gone. do you think it would be unfair of them though? if you are not a customer? not debating, not siding with them in any way. I personally hate superstores but we all use them despite the closure of the high street butcher, fruiter, baker that we all knew when we grew up.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    Just bought my ticket for Saturday and assumed parking at the ground would be fine, but just found out that there is a £5 (!) parking fee.

Is there anywhere nearby that is free to park in and not too far from the ground? I notice there's a Tesco next to the stadium but I assume parking enforcement would be pretty strict on matchdays.
    Heard that Tesco enforce after 2 hours. don't know if that means yer car's gone. do you think it would be unfair of them though? if you are not a customer? not debating, not siding with them in any way. I personally hate superstores but we all use them despite the closure of the high street butcher, fruiter, baker that we all knew when we grew up.
    Tesco is three hours so you will be fine. Or Dobbies or the Glovers Arms which is the only pub anywhere near the ground. The 208 is a pile of rubble now.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member StevieT's Avatar
    There is a B&Q just over the road from the ground that I believe has no parking restrictions. Also plenty of on street parking near B&Q if you don't want to risk it

Google map West Mains Avenue. Depending upon how early you are depends the length of your walk to the stadium

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Euan88
    Did anyone else get stuck in Tescos after the game? We've definitely gone over the 3 hours so I'll be gutted if we get the £70 fine...

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogga View Post
    Did anyone else get stuck in Tescos after the game? We've definitely gone over the 3 hours so I'll be gutted if we get the £70 fine...

just ignore it if you do get one!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Traffic was bad around Perth and the ground, not forgetting the travel up over the new Queensferry Crossing

Went the Stirling way. 1.25 Perth to Bonnyrigg.

Looked worse on other side for Aberdeen fans coming across new bridge on way and way back.

How was the Queensferry crossing today? I'm thinking for the game on Saturday v Motherwell.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fife hfc View Post
    How was the Queensferry crossing today? I'm thinking for the game on Saturday v Motherwell.
    50 min delay Southbound at 1pm today, back to Halbeath. The large travelling Dons contributed to this though
    If you can go via Inverkeithing it may help you

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    I was in Stirling today at Bloody Scotland. Got to Perth about 5:30 and the south bound A9 was chokka at Broxden roundabout. All the way back to the slip road at the ground.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    It was a mare. Quite why I have no real idea...once in the bridge the traffic was really light. Quite why traffic seems unable to flow onto the bridge as it would a normal road confuses me somewhat!

Anyhoo I actually did the weeks shopping in Tesco after the game...which was marginally better than sitting in more traffic! Still had a small delay crossing at about 6:30 by which time I had turned off the awful Off the Ball. That programme really is woeful (not helped with the guest appearance of Derek Ferguson of course)

Quote Originally Posted by Frogga View Post

Surely it only applies if you've not left your space? I assume you were in the 'car park traffic'?

I was in the hospitality at St. Johnstone today, so left Broxburn at 11am, and traffic was already building up on all approaches. Its probably due to the speed limit being at 70 before the bridge and then having to slow down to 40 for the bridge crossing. Why they've done this I don't know, it just seems to back all the traffic up and reduces the flow. It was backed up on the southbound side for about 3 miles coming home at about 6:45pm, and once over the bridge traffic was very light. Hopefully it'll improve dramatically once the 40 speed limit is lifted.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Euan88
    Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    Surely it only applies if you've not left your space? I assume you were in the 'car park traffic'?
    Yeah but the car park uses ANPR cameras at the entrance and exit which automatically recognise number plates.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    Went the Stirling way. 1.25 Perth to Bonnyrigg.
    Took us about the same bud.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    50 min delay Southbound at 1pm today, back to Halbeath. The large travelling Dons contributed to this though
    If you can go via Inverkeithing it may help you
    Thanks. I'm expecting to be just as busy next Saturday so planning to come through earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by madabouthibs View Post
    I was in the hospitality at St. Johnstone today, so left Broxburn at 11am, and traffic was already building up on all approaches. Its probably due to the speed limit being at 70 before the bridge and then having to slow down to 40 for the bridge crossing. Why they've done this I don't know, it just seems to back all the traffic up and reduces the flow. It was backed up on the southbound side for about 3 miles coming home at about 6:45pm, and once over the bridge traffic was very light. Hopefully it'll improve dramatically once the 40 speed limit is lifted.
    It's due to fannies wanting to cross a new bridge. What the fascination is i do not know.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinNish View Post
    It's due to fannies wanting to cross a new bridge. What the fascination is i do not know.
    To prove they're not witches?

Issue is with the approach roads also to new bridge especially Edinburgh side.

Drivers are causing delays by slowing to merge and then not using slip road properly.

The design needs looked at as can't see it changing anytime soon unless the other bridge opens and takes some of the traffic - but that won't be till November.