hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hearts run of 8 homes games straight

Bored at work. Checked Hearts fixtures to see when they start playing back at the pink bus shelter.

From Sat 28th Oct - Sat 16th Dec, they are at home, 8 Home games on the trot, fair enough they've played away due to their own fault of delay to the stadium.

But reason for the thread is, we clash a few times. Anyone know what the SPFL are planning?

Surely we wont be forced to miss out on our scheduled Saturday 3pm kick offs due to that lots mess in organisation of their new stand.

Also ridiculous that they have 3 games at Murrayfield. Sporting fairness, I think not. All teams should be playing them there once in that case.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    I believe the other clubs agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bored at work. Checked Hearts fixtures to see when they start playing back at the pink bus shelter.

From Sat 28th Oct - Sat 16th Dec, they are at home, 8 Home games on the trot, fair enough they've played away due to their own fault of delay to the stadium.

But reason for the thread is, we clash a few times. Anyone know what the SPFL are planning?

Surely we wont be forced to miss out on our scheduled Saturday 3pm kick offs due to that lots mess in organisation of their new stand.

Also ridiculous that they have 3 games at Murrayfield. Sporting fairness, I think not. All team should be playing them there once in that case.
    Was it not said when they asked to move that our fixtures would be unaffected? Obviously if TV want to move ours then that's a different case

We certainly shouldn't be compromised by Hearts making a pigs ear of their redevelopment. They should be moving their games accordingly as to not clash with us.

If any home fixture clashes,Hibernian should get priority to play 3pm Saturday(unless there is live TV coverage)
    Hertz could play the Friday night or Sunday.
    I am supposing that the polis would block any attempt for both to be at home on the same afternoon.

However,older fans will recall that happening in the past(playing at home on the same day)
    I can remember back in the last century!,Hibs and Hertz being drawn at home in the SC in January and an International Rugby match played at Murrayfield the same afternoon.

Whatever happens,Hibernian should not get the short straw here.
    The not so noisy neighbours have screwed up their stand build schedule.
    The football authorities and some clubs have bent over backwards to help them so far.

They (hertz board) knew that the stand build would likely be delayed
    (there is more to the seat fiasco than has been told) yet they sold STs to fans for 4 stands.
    That makes it difficult now to play in front of 3 stands.
    Their incompetence should not result in Hibernian being inconvenienced.
    Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 30-08-2017 at 10:56 AM.

I would hope that we'll be given priority over kick off times and dates if there's ever any clash.

It's not our fault their new stand has been delayed!

I actually remember a few times in the early 80s where we both played at home on the same day.

In 1982, Hibs played Dundee United in a SC replay in front of, IIRC, 13,000. Hearts played a first division game the same night in front of 2,400.

I think the Polis managed to cope because of the size of Hearts 'crowd'.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    I actually remember a few times in the early 80s where we both played at home on the same day.

In 1982, Hibs played Dundee United in a SC replay in front of, IIRC, 13,000. Hearts played a first division game the same night in front of 2,400.

I think the Polis managed to cope because of the size of Hearts 'crowd'.

They didnae have Scotty"yet another full house"Wilson back then

Big team then.Big team now.

You are correct, though.
    It was not that unusual for both to be playing on the same day in cup ties,or as you say,replays.
    Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 30-08-2017 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick O'Rourke View Post
    They didnae have Scotty"yet another full house" Wilson back then

Obviously not, Mick.

Given the locations of the two stadia, it should not present a problem for both to play at home on the same afternoon. I can recall home cup matches being played at the same time.

However later the police started insisting that the kick-off times were staggered.

I don't know why as they often seem happy with Hibs playing at home the same afternoon as a rugby international at Murrayfield.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Im fairly sure this was covered way back when announced they would be away from home for a while, im sure all games Hearts play at home will be moved from the Sat 3pm unless as stated, We are moved for TV purposes.
    There is no way I can see Hibs playing a game on a Friday or Sunday if its not on the TV and Hearts are at home on the Sat

Is this the first time a team has played at home so many times in a row - must be a record ?

Interesting to see how the pitch copes and we play them in December so could be a mud bath again !

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    Is this the first time a team has played at home so many times in a row - must be a record ?

Interesting to see how the pitch copes and we play them in December so could be a mud bath again !
    That's what I was thinking

Exactly how they would want it. Ball in the air as much as possible.

If the pitch does get bad then another cost for them having to sort it - so guess a silver lining 😄

Left by mutual consent!
    8 straight home games should never be allowed to happen, regardless of circumstances. Especially when those circumstances are brought upon themselves.

The first three games are scheduled to be at Murrayfield, so it'll be five in a row at Tynecastle.

Unless, of course, there's yet another delay in the construction.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by High-On-Hibs View Post
    8 straight home games should never be allowed to happen, regardless of circumstances. Especially when those circumstances are brought upon themselves.
    In all fairness to Hearts, they've done their part and played fair by making sure any advantage they might have gained is mitigated by them being an absolute shambles on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by High-On-Hibs View Post
    Double edged sword tho, couple of losses back-to-back and the boo boys will be out in force. Wonder how the team will react when the atmosphere turns poisonous?

Just checked BBC website and few of the earlier fixtures mentioned for Jambos have been moved to Sunday 3pm.

So what fixtures are at the new office block ? (NOB)

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    Im fairly sure this was covered way back when announced they would be away from home for a while, im sure all games Hearts play at home will be moved from the Sat 3pm unless as stated, We are moved for TV purposes.
    There is no way I can see Hibs playing a game on a Friday or Sunday if its not on the TV and Hearts are at home on the Sat
    Good post
    That is the way it should be.

However,they are the "Famous"........so you never know!

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    The first three games are scheduled to be at Murrayfield, so it'll be five in a row at Tynecastle.

Unless, of course, there's yet another delay in the construction.
    If there is another delay, then god knows where they would play those games - as that is around the time of Autumn rugby internationals. So Murrayfield would be out of order.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Going to cost the walkups and the ST's an absolute fortune. 8 home games in the run up to Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    Going to cost the walkups and the ST's an absolute fortune. 8 home games in the run up to Christmas

Add in all those tourists with cameras getting splendid pics of the 8th Wonder of the World.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    We have 5 at home over the same period

Left by mutual consent!
    There's no way that should be allowed but fair enough.

We will be at home on the Saturday unless moved for TV.

Aberdeen sold nearly 5000 tickets for their game at Murrayfield - how much could we have brought 10-12000?

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I saw a Facebook post last night advertising a composite ticket to watch hertz v Aberdeen at Murrayfield and Edinburgh Rugby v Scarlets at Myreside for forty quid.

It may be of interest to some but I can't see a huge demand.

Hearts apparently offering a 3 game ticket deal for Murryfield for £40