hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar

Why did you change it Neil?

I was puzzled before a ball was even kicked when I read that Danny Swanson was in for Vykintas Slivka.

Swanson has still to impress me and Slivka has every time he's played his part, including when he came on today.

Bad day at the races all round but we'll move on and hope for a better performance and result next Sunday.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Who knows? Perhaps he picked up a minor knock at Ibrox and Lennon didn't want to risk playing him from the very start?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by green with envy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was puzzled before a ball was even kicked when I read that Danny Swanson was in for Vykintas Slivka.

Swanson has still to impress me and Slivka has every time he's played his part, including when he came on today.

Bad day at the races all round but we'll move on and hope for a better performance and result next Sunday.

I was thinking the same, Swanson has been very poor since his arrival, reckon he needs a goal to settle him down

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by High-On-Hibs View Post
    Who knows? Perhaps he picked up a minor knock at Ibrox and Lennon didn't want to risk playing him from the very start?
    If that was the case then why put him on the bench ? Is that not why we have a pool of players ?

Midfield were overrun, going man for man when you've got Swanson as one of the 3 was never going to work

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    It worked ok first half. Second half they stepped it up and we couldn't cope. Swanson seems to be the scapegoat. Stokes was like playing with 10 men at times today. Doesn't look match fit and dropped far too deep leaving Murray isolated. Too many poor individual performances second half.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Quote Originally Posted by High-On-Hibs View Post
    Indeed. We're dealing with human beings here, not playing computer games.

The team on the pitch should have had more than enough to beat Hamilton.

Quote Originally Posted by green with envy View Post

Swanson seems to need confidence. Maybe Neil thought that the team would perform well, and allow Swanson the opportunity to feed off the team. Clearly that didnt happen.... We may see a lot more of Slivka now.

@hibs.net private member
    Could be a few reasons why he dropped Slivka but it turned out to be a costly mistake. Swanson though deserves less criticism than a few today as his work rate was excellent. Stokes looked like he was on holiday and Simon Murray lacked energy too.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    Midfield were overrun, going man for man when you've got Swanson as one of the 3 was never going to work

this and every loose ball went to a hamilton player, our players appeared to have been introduced to each other for the first time today, whilst their passing was crisp and precise and they fully deserved their 3 points, lord knows what on earth McGregor(the penalty) and Hanlon(stray pass) were thinking

First Team Regular WillowbraeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    this and every loose ball went to a hamilton player, our players appeared to have been introduced to each other for the first time today, whilst their passing was crisp and precise and they fully deserved their 3 points, lord knows what on earth McGregor(the penalty) and Hanlon(stray pass) were thinking

Bottom line, the players not only let the support down, but themselves....

Mr M Bartley, we need you now...

3-5-2 at home for me is a no no against teams out with the old firm

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter1 View Post
    Mr M Bartley, we need you now...
    As well as Mr Boyle.

Hamilton bossed the midfield and it was obvious they were going to be strong physically and well organised with a lot of energy. That is why Slivka should have started as Swanson and Mcgeouch are not battling and physical players. Lennon got it wrong today as he should have played a back four with Slivka and McGinn (who was over run today) providing the energy and athleticism which would have allowed Mcgeouch and Swanson more of a chance to assert their influence.

If Slivka had started we would have been shouting for Boyle and Bartley, if Boyle and Bartley were playing we'd have been calling for whoever wasn't playing, it's funny how players suddenly become world beaters when they get dropped/are out injured and we get beat.

We were rotten today and would have lost regardless of who we started or who we had fit, game plan was all wrong, players didn't seem to be with it and for me the manager didn't get them up for the game and god knows what he said to them at half time.

Has NL spoken yet?

First Team Regular WillowbraeHibby's Avatar

Bottom line, the players not only let the support down, but themselves....

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Not sure many of us would have went with 3 at the back against Hamilton, no need really for another defender.

First half it was all Hibs without a cutting edge. 2nd half we were all over the place and looked like a team who had never played together, shocking from all over the park.

Shows us that we have a long way to go to thinking we have a devine right to finish in top half of our league.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: wilson1875
    Yi canny blame Lennon for this. The players didn't want it enough end of story.

The diamond in the middle left a huge space in midfield. With Swanson too far forward. Missing Bartley for cover mopping up players miss timed passes.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hfcwilson3192 View Post
    I don't blame him, but he didn't cover himself in glory today. There was absolutely no need for three centre halves at home to Hamilton. We were taught a lesson today by a team that knew what was required to get the job done. We need to learn and move on.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    3-5-2 at home for me is a no no against teams out with the old firm
    Yep, 100% agree, really dislike the formation unless you're up against a stronger team, tried it a few times last season with limited success

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Up The Bracket View Post
    If Slivka had started we would have been shouting for Boyle and Bartley, if Boyle and Bartley were playing we'd have been calling for whoever wasn't playing, it's funny how players suddenly become world beaters when they get dropped/are out injured and we get beat.

We were rotten today and would have lost regardless of who we started or who we had fit, game plan was all wrong, players didn't seem to be with it and for me the manager didn't get them up for the game and god knows what he said to them at half time.
    Certainly wasn't the point I was making. I was at ibrox last week and for me Slivka was my man of the match hence why I was surprised he was dropped.

Left by mutual consent!
    We have a squad to use we should be more than capable of winning games with todays 11.

There was a lot more wrong today than Slivkas omission.

Quote Originally Posted by Weir07 View Post
    Yep, 100% agree, really dislike the formation unless you're up against a stronger team, tried it a few times last season with limited success
    I think we've played our best football this season with a 3-5-2, including some of the League Cup games against weaker opposition.

I don't really know what went wrong today, but I don't think it was much to do with the formation.

We certainly didn't improve when we changed it during the second half, quite the opposite.

@hibs.net private member
    Respect your opinion but having 6 defensive players out of 11 on the pitch is not conducive to attacking play, if the formation is 352 then have two wide midfielders not two fullbacks, games are won and lost in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Hfcwilson3192 View Post
    He signs and picks those players, he gets credit when they win he deserves criticism when we lose.

Slivka should've kept his place 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Weir07 View Post
    Respect your opinion but having 6 defensive players out of 11 on the pitch is not conducive to attacking play, if the formation is 352 then have two wide midfielders not two fullbacks, games are won and lost in midfield.
    Is it conductive to defensive play? Is that why we lost 3 goals?

The amount of attackers, defenders and midfielders doesn't matter one little bit if they all play *****.