hibs.net Messageboard

Bad day at the office

That is all. Take it on the chin and move on

2. Log in to remove the advert

Was a pretty awful day really. If the team do take it on the chin and adapt to it they can still have a great season. Well done Hamilton; nae budget and wiped us out for 45 minutes. Good for them.

Left by mutual consent!
    and hopefully an absolutely dreadful week for the players ahead.

Left by mutual consent!
    We can have a bad day at the office but what's with the fannying about with the ball at the back and losing nearly every 50-50 to an Accies team ?

That was a shocking display

Testimonial Due RoslinInstHibby's Avatar
    Pretty much everything felt off today, the players, the tent beforehand, the announcer being a wee bit cocky before kick off. Hopefully a one off

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoslinInstHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pretty much everything felt off today, the players, the tent beforehand, the announcer being a wee bit cocky before kick off. Hopefully a one off
    I even saw kick off, 2:55 is usually still time for a wee half for me. Felt off seeing the teams come out.

What did the announcer say?

Very unlike us today, praying it's just a blip. Desperatly missing Boyles pace IMO.

Dust ourselves off and get back to winning ways again up at Dundee.

Testimonial Due RoslinInstHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    What did the announcer say?
    He was announcing the team and referred to Murray as the "man who can't stop scoring!" Said straight away he has jinxed it there.

In retrospect I'm overreacting lol

Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    Very unlike us today, praying it's just a blip. Desperatly missing Boyles pace IMO.

Totally agree was dissapointed when they took Swanson off as he was the player causing most of the problems in the first half. Felt Barker was non existent but early days

Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post

Totally agree.

He's a huge miss for us, offers us something totally different and creates space for others.

He was announcing the team and referred to Murray as the "man who can't stop scoring!" Said straight away he has jinxed it there.

I thought the announcer said "he can't keep scoring", and laughed. Thought to myself "well if that rings true today we're ****ed"

Boyle would at least have taken men on. His final ball isn't the best though.
    Hibs would have been as well keeping Swanson and getting rid of Stokes. He was awful.
    The subs weren't much cop either.

Without any emotion, I can honestly say I cannot remember a worse Hibs performance in all my life. Given the standard of player we have, our recent form, being at home, the opposition..

Wouldn't blame the tactics too much even they were wrong and I wouldn't even single anyone out - every one of our players was absolutely terrible.

Baffling..

That was about as bad as I think we can play individually and collectively. None of them deserve pass marks and none of them deserve to be picked out for criticism. They were all equally bad. The first half was pretty poor but the second half was disastrous.

He also said it was a Ladbrokes championship match just before kick off...we played like a championship team too for most of the match

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 21sMay View Post
    That is all. Take it on the chin and move on
    Team looked deflated. Back to training and sort it out for next week. One bad game doesn't ruin the season. Better to get a kick up the arse in game 3 then we can sort it.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

The only player who can look himself in the mirror tonight after that god awful performance is Rocky. Had no chance at any of the goals, saved us a couple of times in the first half. As for McGinn Man of the Match. You have to be joking, really. IF it had to be a Hibs player receiving the award my vote goes to Frazer Murray [and he was an unused sub]. REALLY bad day at the office. Players believing their own press methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Franck Stanton View Post
    The only player who can look himself in the mirror tonight after that god awful performance is Rocky. Had no chance at any of the goals, saved us a couple of times in the first half. As for McGinn Man of the Match. You have to be joking, really. IF it had to be a Hibs player receiving the award my vote goes to Frazer Murray [and he was an unused sub]. REALLY bad day at the office. Players believing their own press methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Franck Stanton View Post
    Yeah have to say I was stunned at SJM getting it too...like the rest of the outfield players he was anything but super today ...should have been Rocky or nobody to be fair

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    We can have a bad day at the office but what's with the fannying about with the ball at the back and losing nearly every 50-50 to an Accies team ?

That was a shocking display
    Yip i agree every team can have a bad day but this was all 14 players no pass marks for me Just a dire performance all round. I really thought days like today were in in the past.

Not gonna pick anyone out, because to a man they were all pish. I said to both my brothers that today is a measure of us.We went typically Hibs, great result followed by piss poor. Same as.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    A bad day at the office? Today was akin to having skitters in work and not making it to the cludgie. That kind of day at the office.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875