hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Boyd stirring things up .....

Boyd - Rangers didnt try and sign Whittaker because of how he left them last time
    STEVEN WHITTAKER will be wearing a Hibs shirt at Ibrox.

But had he not been so stupid, naive and badly advised he could have been running out in a Rangers one.

Maybe my old team-mate Whittaker is happy the way it’s worked out.

Maybe he wouldn’t want to swap teams even if he was offered the chance.

But Gers would have been interested in snapping him up on a free transfer this summer.

I’m convinced the biggest reason they didn’t was because of the way Whitts left five years ago.

Remember that press conference he held? Sitting alongside Steven Naismith, he said how Rangers wasn’t the Rangers he signed for, and he was well within his rights walking out the door.

Rangers was on its knees at the time, desperate for every penny it could get. But Naisy and Whitts wanted out.

I’m sure they both regret the way the whole thing was handled because no one came out of it looking good.

Holding a press conference to leave a club, what was that all about?

As it turned out they got their big money moves with Naisy signing for Everton and Whitts going to Norwich.

It’s maybe only now they look back on it and think they should not have left the way they did.

I once left Rangers on a free. But that happens, it wasn’t an issue.

Whittaker and Naismith didn’t need to stay and play in the lower leagues of Scottish football.

Had both players come out and said they weren’t prepared to go down to the Third Division then I think the vast majority of Gers fans would have accepted that.

The supporters would have been disappointed, but most of them would have understood where they were coming from and taken it.

They were two international players at the peak of their careers, so stepping down the levels wasn’t going to do them any favours.

But there’s a way to go about things. And in football, like in life, you really shouldn’t burn your bridges if you can help it.

There were other Gers stars at the time who did the same thing by refusing to stay and move their contracts over.

But the likes of Steven Davis and Kirk Broadfoot did it in a way that meant they will always be welcomed back to Ibrox.

That’s not the case with Whittaker and Naismith.

When there was talk of Naisy going back in the summer I had mates saying they wouldn’t set foot back inside Ibrox if the wee man signed for Gers.

They weren’t kidding either, they simply weren’t having it.

Maybe Whitts isn’t bothered, maybe he’s happy where he is, back at the club where his career started.

It’s not like he’s joined a small club. Hibs are very much on the up and seem to be going places under Neil Lennon.

Hibs are a top club with a brilliant stadium and great fans.

Last week at Easter Road the attendance for the Thistle game was over 17,000 which is just outstanding.

With that kind of backing there’s no doubt they can have a successful season.

Apart from Whitts, Lennon has signed well this summer and brought in some proper players.

Anthony Stokes is a boy who seems to have his issues off the park, but on it he’s got real talent.

If he can stay focused then I reckon he could be one of the signings of the season.

That’s what Lennon will be thinking because he will not be interested in returning to the Premier League just to make up the numbers.

Lenny is a winner who doesn’t accept second best.

When he was Celtic gaffer people said he only acted with so much passion because it was Celtic. But he gets as hyped up now at Hibs, and I think it’s tremendous to see.

Lennon will fancy his chances of finishing in the top half of the table, and that’s where I’ve already predicted they will end up.

Tomorrow at Ibrox it’s going to be a big test for them.

Rangers have been decent in their recent games so I look forward to seeing how it turns out.

The atmosphere is certain to be intense given everything that happened in the 2016 Scottish Cup Final when they last played.

The scenes after that game were appalling, there’s no excuse for the Hibs fans who charged on to the pitch.

They were well out of order that day, even taking into consideration they had just won the trophy they thought they were never going to win.

There will only be a few thousand Hibs fans at Ibrox , but it’s sure to be a red hot occasion. Especially for my old pal Whitts.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Boyd is a Sherman

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    I presume this is in some Sevco loving rag like the Record?

In which case he is only pandering to the knuckle dragging Huns that buy that excuse for a paper.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Bellend.

With pals like that who needs enemies?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

There have been few games I want to win as much as this one. Mentions Hibs fans were a disgrace after the cup final but not a single mention of the Huns who piled on for no another reason than to fight with opposition fans.

How do they allow this ***** to go to print?

Im going to ****ing love it if we win today.

Prick.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I presume this is in some Sevco loving rag like the Record?

In which case he is only pandering to the knuckle dragging Huns that buy that excuse for a paper.
    Copied and pasted from FF, don't know original source. The muppets lapping it up but then turning on Boyd as a 'true blue' wouldn't refer to Lennon as 'Lenny'.

A few thousand? If only.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Total fud and I assume that is crime some kind of hun fanzine. Like the Daily Record

a few thousand hibs fans at Ibrox hahahahaa.

Left by mutual consent!
    Has Mcginn not be linked with a move this morning?

We need to **** them over good n proper today. Please Hibs.

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    What an embarrassment of an article.

So it was just Hibs fans who charged on the pitch. Did we fight with ourselves?

'the wee man', what an absolute cringe. Can't wait to hump them.

Boyds will be Boyds..

Can't wait until the match starts. Both teams have a lot of good players, and Lennon is the right man to prepare the team for this kind of thing, could be an absolute belter..

Im going for 3-3..

Until injury time.

Left by mutual consent!
    Not got a ticket but if any Hibs fans get assaulted today they should sue Boyd. Brain of a pea.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    I hope Boyd and Kilmarnock have a really successful season. I'm sure they will.

Dickhead

**** off boyd you fat sleazy Tramp. Hope Killie go down.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    One of the delusionals still living in a pre 2012 world.

Just laugh in their faces.

Amazing how a player, who actually plays in the same league as the player/team he's giving stick to, gets away with that.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Stupid, naive and badly advised when they left first time round? Look at the careers the two of them have had, they were the exact opposite of all those things.

'Apart from Whitts, Lennon has signed well this summer and brought in some proper players.'

Sly. In this case, 'apart from' could mean, 'in addition to' or 'with the exception of'.

First Team Regular ArmadaleHibs's Avatar
    Boyd " There was no excuse for running on the pitch that day. They were well out of order"

He's is an absolute tit like so many blinkered idiots who support both rangers and Celtic. Of course not one gers fan entered the pitch that day and of course no gers fans were arrested for fighting or ensiting riots also. No gers fans were arrested outside either for fighting with police. Ridiculous statement but one we've heard all to often. There's an air of arrogance about his statement and almost pretty much saying us as fans are in for it at Ibrox.

I so hope we take something from this game today. Come on Hibs step up and show them who we really are

Ggtth

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Stupid, naive and badly advised when they left first time round? Look at the careers the two of them have had, they were the exact opposite of all those things.
    They too could have had a career like Lee Wallace.

He left a club that had died to play in the English premiership, what's the big deal??

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    No excuse for hibs fan running on the pitch but absolutely no mention of the Rangers fans doing the same thing

There's a clip going round twitter of him on the Scottish football show on sky last night, in it he welcomes Kris Commons to ibrox, home of the most succesful club ever. All while he's still a Kilmarnock player! 🙈

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    No excuse for hibs fan running on the pitch but absolutely no mention of the Rangers fans doing the same thing

There's a clip going round twitter of him on the Scottish football show on sky last night, in it he welcomes Kris Commons to ibrox, home of the most succesful club ever. All while he's still a Kilmarnock player! 🙈
    Just watched that on Twitter. Killie should sack him asap. No way would he give 100% against The Rangers when Killie play then. Mans a ****ing knuckle dragging welt.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Just watched that on Twitter. Killie should sack him asap. No way would he give 100% against The Rangers when Killie play then. Mans a ****ing knuckle dragging welt.
    Rather ironic that a player like Boyd criticises ex mates like Whittaker and Naismith for not 'showing loyalty' or leaving 'properly' - this is a player who refused to play for Scotland after all because he didn't play a couple of games. Something I hope Sutton reminds him of if it's raised on BT Sport.

Seems to me he is trying to be a The Rangers version of Sutton and being a panto villain in the media world.

I wonder if he wrote the article by himself or did he get help

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Rather ironic that a player like Boyd criticises ex mates like Whittaker and Naismith for not 'showing loyalty' or leaving 'properly' - this is a player who refused to play for Scotland after all because he didn't play a couple of games. Something I hope Sutton reminds him of if it's raised on BT Sport.

Seems to me he is trying to be a The Rangers version of Sutton and being a panto villain in the media world.
    I'd rather Sutton would remind him that his 'club' haven't yet won a single major trophy and tell him to jog off until they do, I suppose I can live in hope.