hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sevco fans inevitable sectarian singing on Saturday

With the hostility between the clubs and the return of Lennon to add fuel to the fire, the bile from the The Rangers fans is going to be in overdrive. Hopefully the powers that be are on hand and ready to address any illegal singing or chants directed our way. I wont hold my breath. Hopefully social media can be used as a tool to shame them.
    Last edited by SirDavidsNapper; 08-08-2017 at 01:13 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Everyone film/record as much as they can. Then email, Twitter etc the SFA/SPFL at once.

Please remember of course this a Scottish football issue not just the mighty ambassadors of Rangers & Celtic, the Glasgow media and SFA will go out of their way to implicate every other Scottish team - it's like the match in Escape To Victory....

😂

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With the hostility between the clubs and the return of Lennon to add fuel to the fire, the bile from the The Rangers fans is going to be in overdrive. Hopefully the powers that be are on hand and ready to address any illegal singing or chants directed our way. I wont hold my breath. Hopefully social media can be used as a tool to shame them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Took the laughter right out my mouth SDG

Hopefully they arent. its all part of the pantomime that is Scottish fitba.As for people filmimg and sending it to the authorities......really.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Not only Lennon, throw in Stokes, Ambrose, McGeoch and Whittaker. Petrie for getting them "demoted". 21/05/16 and all their players hospitalised by Hibernian ruffians. It's going to be very tasty, bring it on. Can't wait GGTTH

Couldn't possibly be the new team we're talking about peeps They're inclusive...

Rangers striker Kenny Miller commented, “Rangers is an inclusive club and strives to promote equality and inclusion and we are delighted to sign up to the Scottish LGBT Sports Charter.

...apparently.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?

Why do you think the game isn't on telly?

So that the hordes can have free rein without requiring action from the police or football authorities.

And no one can 'shame' them. They're beyond it.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heidtheba View Post
    Couldn't possibly be the new team we're talking about peeps They're inclusive...

Rangers striker Kenny Miller commented, “Rangers is an inclusive club and strives to promote equality and inclusion and we are delighted to sign up to the Scottish LGBT Sports Charter.

...apparently.

They are inclusive though, they exclusively include prodisdunt bigots from Norn Irn and Prodisdunt bigots from Scotland.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Testimonial Due
    Get the biggest broom in Scotland on standby. Sweeeeeeeeeppp.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Everyone film/record as much as they can. Then email, Twitter etc the SFA/SPFL at once.
    Fill your boots, the more shamemon them the better.

Do it from a dummy twitter account as the abuse you will inevitably receive from the Hun morons will be ridiculous.

J

Theres a reason this isnt on TV....

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Hopefully the powers that be are on hand and ready to address any illegal singing or chants directed our way. I wont hold my breath

I wouldn't either mate, not a thing will happen, it'll go under "community singing" like it always does

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RAFFERTY X
    Would rather we drowned it out with our whole end singing instead of recording Sevco fans.

There was an article in one of today's papers that was (quite rightly) calling chants about child abusers and the killing of Lee Rigby as deplorable. We've also had occasions when racism has been highlighted and condemned from all sides.

It's strange that the media and football authorities are able to identify and call out disgusting behaviour of that kind, but seem to have a collective deafness when supporters of one of the two largest clubs in the country are singing sectarian songs at every single game.

On the very rare occasion that someone in the media has had the temerity to even mention that club's sectarian chants, the only action the club has taken is to ban that particular sports reporter from Ibrox.

First Team Breakthrough DCI Gene Hunt's Avatar
    Honestly, what do you expect will happen?

As another poster said, a large broom will be used to conviniently brush away any inevitable bile that will pollute the air. It seems acceptable to the authorties in the 21st Century to for people to engage in mass acts of racism, sectarian bigotry, wifebeating, drunkenness and general violence, as long as they support certain Glasgow football clubs.

It's easy for the police to huckle a couple of lads singing sectarian songs but when it's hundreds/thousands they are powerless. And you know the spfl won't do anything because they are bears too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    They were singing their ***** against Motherwell and the "pundits" on Sky Sports were calling it a "great atmosphere".

I seriously wouldn't hold my breath on this one.

It's just a minority though ....

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrenSQH View Post
    Theres a reason this isnt on TV....
    I said exactly the same yesterday. No chance they were going to show this live on TV due to the likelihood of the huns trying to cause trouble.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    As usual blind eyes will be turned at every opportunity. It will be a disgusting atmosphere.

A nice early goal will shut those horrible ****s up.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Hopefully they arent. its all part of the pantomime that is Scottish fitba.As for people filmimg and sending it to the authorities......really.
    Yup. Best to suck it up and get some digs in of our own.

It'll be the same as it always is. The tramps will belt out loud and proud all their bile, confident in the knowledge that they are 100% safe from any punishment. The SPFL and the rest will peddle out the old usual "oh it's only a minority" line then it'll be sweep sweep under the carpet, nothing to see here folks and nothing will ever be said of it again.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    It's easy for the police to huckle a couple of lads singing sectarian songs but when it's hundreds/thousands they are powerless. And you know the spfl won't do anything because they are bears too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep, it complete debunks the myth that "its just a minority". It most certainly is not hense why the police are powerless. The suits in authority however who could impose punishment are unfortunatly cowards.

@hibs.net private member Sprouleflyer's Avatar
    Once we go 2 nil up, you'll be able to hear a pin drop from the home end.

First Team Breakthrough DCI Gene Hunt's Avatar
    Lol. That would be the best way to answer them wouldn't it... Stokesy battering a couple into their net would have them fuming! Hehe!

Quote Originally Posted by heidtheba View Post

...apparently.

Kenny is right! I mind seeing Coisty and Gazza going at it, tounges and all years ago. The billy boys in the stands were lapping it up.
    Last edited by Renfrew_Hibby; 08-08-2017 at 08:40 PM.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    Kenny is right! I mind seeing Coisty and Gazza going at it, tounges and all years ago. The billy boys in the stands were lapping it up.
    Always wondered, being Catholic, if ever I was cornered by the the support (formerly known as rangers) & on my own, how would they get my blood up to their knees? That's quite a target! In a phone box or something?

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    I presume the orcs have realised Morelos, Herrera, Candeias, Dalcio, Pena, Alves and Cardosa probably arent ardent members of the DUP? Not to mention their new Wharburton.