2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875STEVE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    According to former SPL Roger Mitchell.

Just last year

http://www.thetwopointone.com/where-...o-right-again/

Thoughts?
    interesting, never heard of this until now but he doesn't say anything more about it. Maybe the club were approached but what was being offered etc might not have been beneficial to the club

Just last year

Thoughts?
    I wouldn't believe a word that Roger Mitchell said. If this is true how did all the press miss out the scoop?

The only serious attempt to take over Hibs in the last 25 years was from Brian Kennedy. He simply wanted Easter Road for his ambitions for a Rugby Union team based in Edinburgh.

Left by mutual consent!
    It's a big no no to foreign investors from me. Ownership must be in the hands of someone who understands the game here. Not some richboy looking for a plaything that they can toss in the trash when they're fed up with it

A hibby asked him about it on twitter, says he thinks Petrie asked too much.....

https://twitter.com/RPMComo/status/894140401317273600

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    If Roger Mitchell told me that his name was Roger Mitchell and then got his birth certificate and his passport and driving licence out, I still would not believe him.

@hibs.net private member Auckland Hibs's Avatar
    Reading this with a pinch of salt - surely someone would have picked up on this if it got to The Tash (and we wanted too much).

Edinburgh, in addition, is a world class city that is attractive for a host of reasons. Hibernian with that leverage has immense potential, something I saw first hand last year, as an Israeli investor asked me to assist his attempt to buy the club. He knew nought of the Famous Five, but he could see the sunshine over Leith. Hibs, freed of restrictions, would be like a Fiorentina. Neil Lennon is also a huge addition to the Scottish Premiership narrative this year.

I don't know much about Mitchell because I was away while he was in charge but there is not a lot wrong with that article. We don't put enough emphasise on winning and the SFA needs broken up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    even if this is true, it would be a naw thanks from me. we are building something special here, and we're doing it the right way, IMO the REAL way, through fan power and real quality on the park. we're in an upward spiral at the moment, and we have the people in place to make that continue. i'd take petrie and STF over an abramovic any day of the week. that way, every single thing we achieve is purely on merit. it's a great time to be a hibee.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    A hibby asked him about it on twitter, says he thinks Petrie asked too much.....

https://twitter.com/RPMComo/status/894140401317273600
    It wouldn't have been Rod's call, so that undermines him a bit.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentDaleCooper View Post
    even if this is true, it would be a naw thanks from me. we are building something special here, and we're doing it the right way, IMO the REAL way, through fan power and real quality on the park. we're in an upward spiral at the moment, and we have the people in place to make that continue. i'd take petrie and STF over an abramovic any day of the week. that way, every single thing we achieve is purely on merit. it's a great time to be a hibee.

Really?

If Roman Abramovich wanted to buy Hibs, and we won the league and competed at the top end of the Champions League, i think you'd pretty quickly be swayed the other way.

Of course we could get a Romanov, and thats what everyone is frightened of, but i would never be frightened of an Abramovich.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

Just last year

Thoughts?
    We would have had to suffer Mick Napier and his cronies demonstrating outside the West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Really?

If Roman Abramovich wanted to buy Hibs, and we won the league and competed at the top end of the Champions League, i think you'd pretty quickly be swayed the other way.

Of course we could get a Romanov, and thats what everyone is frightened of, but i would never be frightened of an Abramovich.
    I would. People who fall out with him have been known to meet unexplained ends.

Really?

I wouldn't want Abramovich near Hibs. I hate that side of football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Really?

It would be fun for a few seasons, but then we'd be like Celtic where there would be no sense of achievement in winning anything domestically. Even less so in fact seeing as we'd be buying it with someone else's money rather than money generated by our club.

It's a no thanks for me.

I'd hate to have the soul ripped out my club like a Chelsea or Man City. Wouldn't mind a wealthy benefactor ploughing 10 million our way though.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar

Just last year

Thoughts?
    The article reads like it was written by a 12 year old. Poorly structured, I couldn't work out half the points he was trying to make - except "what we tried was really in the best interests of football, so there".

As to the Hibs thing? If this is how he writes articles and he was asked to front it, I'm not surprised any bid was knocked back as lacking in substance.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Really?

Honestly I've no interest in an Abramovich. Winning the Scottish Cup if someone had just ploughed 10 million in to the club wouldn't have felt as good as it did in 2016 and while I'd obviously celebrate a league title I'd definitely have some of the shine taken off it knowing we just spent more than other people to get it. Might as well just have an auction for 1st place at start of the season to see who gets top spot and forget about the football.

At some point these uber wealthy owners are going to stop throwing money at clubs, what happens to them then? At the minute it looks like we have a secure foundation to allow generations to come to enjoy Hibs.

I'm glad it didn't go through. I really like the fan ownership model we're moving towards. I would love to see a rule like in Germany that means fans must have a majority share in the club.

There was a story coming out of a Merchant Bank in Queen Street last year for about 3 to 4 nweks and then died
    No details were mentioed .

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    I wouldn't believe a word that Roger Mitchell said. If this is true how did all the press miss out the scoop?

The only serious attempt to take over Hibs in the last 25 years was from Brian Kennedy. He simply wanted Easter Road for his ambitions for a Rugby Union team based in Edinburgh.
    i think history has shown that STF called that one right. The thing about the Israeli bid is that Mitchell gives little detail other than he was asked to act as a conduit. I am sure the bidder would have been able to make contact with STF.

Does Mitchel say when this was supposed to have happened? I ask because we are a very different proposition now than fifteen years ago, for example.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    I'd hate to have the soul ripped out my club like a Chelsea or Man City. Wouldn't mind a wealthy benefactor ploughing 10 million our way though.
    What's the difference? Surely Hibs exist to win football games. So if an investor was will to spend millions on our club why would you be against it? Not sure how a big investor and winning rips the soul out of Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser1962 View Post
    i think history has shown that STF called that one right. The thing about the Israeli bid is that Mitchell gives little detail other than he was asked to act as a conduit. I am sure the bidder would have been able to make contact with STF.

Does Mitchel say when this was supposed to have happened? I ask because we are a very different proposition now than fifteen years ago, for example.
    Is that like a tube? He'd be ideal for that role.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    I have to applaud all you purists saying you'd be in a huff if we won the league after a huge cash injection but I'm going to call bull. The only things you'd be moaning about would be the hangover the day after.

But this is all pointless. Scottish football is not attractive to big money investors, unless someone saw it as a cheap entry point into the Champions League given it would cost a relative pittance to win the SPL.

@hibs.net private member ano hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jdships View Post
    There was a story coming out of a Merchant Bank in Queen Street last year for about 3 to 4 nweks and then died
    No details were mentioed .
    Noble Grossart?
    "We've also been unsure about what has happened to the receipts of the players who have been sold."
    George Foulkes BBC website 20/3/08

There is no 'investment potential' in buying a Scottish Club (with the posible exception of Celtc), unless that investment is purely emotional.

If I were a mega-rich entrepreneur and wanted to buy a club, it would be in England.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    There is no 'investment potential' in buying a Scottish Club (with the posible exception of Celtc), unless that investment is purely emotional.

If I were a mega-rich entrepreneur and wanted to buy a club, it would be in England.
    Hmm, Vlad almost disproved that.

His model was to use HMFC as a vehicle for marketing his bank throughout the UK and EU. With a few different results that first season, and qualification for the CL groups, he would have achieved that.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post

His model was to use HMFC as a vehicle for marketing his bank throughout the UK and EU. With a few different results that first season, and qualification for the CL groups, he would have achieved that.
    Money laundering and massaging an ego the size of a small country played a bigger part surely?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd

Vlad may well have succeeded with that if he wasn't such an egotistical maniac. When it looked like Hearts were going to do something special he sabotaged it himself. Vlad was the reason they finished second instead of bottom six. Vlad was also the reason they finished second instead of first.

Almost, as in 'didn't'. His Bank was a flop and they didn't qualify for the CL.

The only thing he possibly did successfully achieve was money laundering (though we might never find out about that one for sure)